Jan 05 2013
By: RichYungThaBest Lombax Warrior 157 posts
Accepted Solution

Now I am convinced that Zeus' alignment is OP, as well as Athena's blade.

[ Edited ]
43 replies 1073 views Edited Jan 5, 2013

First off, Zeus not only specializes in providing boosts for magic, but his magic is by far superior to Ares. On top of that, they all have amazing crowd control, do massive damage, and can be used twice. The vortex magic alone is broken because it draws you in and can be combed into. The worst part is that he can get magic from his items and relics, so basically he is never at a loss. The telephoto item is  ridiculously broken as well. Ppl literally spam the magic, and if you are even remotely close, then prepare to have at least 1/4th of your life drained if you are Ares. Zeus sword and hammer are vastly superior to Ares in every way possible. The sword L2 triangle move launches opponents from a safe range, releases 3 shots, and can be chained after. The hammer is amazing at repelling and keeping enemies away, as well as stunning. I was just in a match where the opposing team was spamming his magic nonstop, while abusing Athena's sword combo.

The Athena blade L1 square combo is broken as well for the simple fact that it can heal, knocks you off your feet, has amazing range, recharges extremely fast, and can be comboed after very easily. The strategy devolves into L1 triangle, use Zeus' impenetrable wall, then using the L1 square combo for an easy kill. Please look into this Santa Monica.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 44 (1,073 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Re: Now I am convinced that Zeus' alignment is OP, as well as Athena's blade.

Jan 5, 2013

I don't think Zeus is OP, the thing is that Ares is underpowered, the magics are practicaly useless, very easy to dodge, and i think the damage reduce they apply as part of patch 1.08 was really unnecessary. Before the patch my Zeus character had a lot less damage than my ares character and now ther is only 100 pints of difference, and lets be honest thats not what Ares is about, Ares is all about to go in the middle of a fight and do the most damage when it comes to close combat with your main weapon. 

Also the magics of Ares don't make a **bleep** of damage, Ares inferno is only useful to get out of difficult situations when you're getting combo. The DG magic it's very easy to evade, and does not do that amount of damage, even though you actually hit the enemy with your fists, wich i think is how the first GOD OF WAR will go in a fight.

Ares need a lot of fix...

But lets not forget that there are 2 other Gods to use, these two Gods probably will make thing more far for Ares players, we'll have to see...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 44 (1,064 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9466 posts

Jan 5, 2013
Agreed about Zeus. Though, his magic IS supposed to be powerful...though if they nerfed it, it'd make that class like ares but with better items, and relics rather than items, relics and magic.

Interestingly enough, I found some weird thing about the vortex... if they knock you into the air (which is easy to do with zeus) and use the vortex, you travel so fast into the attack you might as well be teleporting into it. It has happened to me twice against 2 different users.

The teleport is the best item in the game by far. You can use it multiple times and honestly is the ideal item. I mean items were made to get you out of tough situations...which what's the point if all it does is pop on I-frames and you're back in the same situation.

I hate Zeus weapons as well... ranged attacks, vaccum attacks, silence attacks. All insanely good attacks. Silence is amazing because it cancels your item use...like that's insanely OP especially since you can pop it on anyone at any given time.

The sword is nuts... L1 + triangle is insanely fast and against ares players does huge damage. You can set a trap and push people into it with multiple weapons in this game, but with Zeus's sword it's just crazy how fast you can do it. then on top of that combo off of it.

I've said it many times and I'll say it again, on top of all their advantages they still seem to be able to melee really, really well. When you have a zeus with 0 attack he doesn't hit that hard..but then again why would they need to attack with typical melee when they can abuse specials and magic like it's their job. Anyway, you add just one BoA and suddenly they seem to rival ares for damage.

As for BoA, I dislike the idea of having a healing sword. This one laggy guy went from half health to full health off of the BoA while 2 people were attacking him. Not only this but the square special is ridiculous. It has range and juggles people in the weirdest way.
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 44 (1,060 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Jan 5, 2013

For me all classes are ballanced, i played with ares first, the dmg i did with the hammer is very big, also u can do some combos, just 1 thing ares sword scks

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 44 (1,056 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 5, 2013

I disagree, the weapon wich i got the most kills is Ares sword, like i say it depends on the players' skills and type of play. 

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 44 (1,054 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

alacarpa wrote:

I disagree, the weapon wich i got the most kills is Ares sword, like i say it depends on the players' skills and type of play. 

compared to Zeus' sword, it is inferior. Ares' L1 triangle is easily avoidable, while Zeus' L1 triangle easily hits from a safe range.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 44 (1,040 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
157 posts

Jan 5, 2013

@goldhawk1

Exactly. You understand exactly. Ares needs a boost to do more damage as he should since Zesus' gear provides a lot of defense.

LOL, I as in a match, where this one dude kept using Athena's blade combo over and over. He was not wearing any scorpian armor, yet every 5 secs he kept using it. On top of that, it heals. Leave it to the Goddess of wisdom and justice to design a weapon that is practical and kicks butt.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 44 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
347 posts

Jan 5, 2013

That's what im saying they shouldn't have decrease the amount of damage do by Ares with patch 1.08. I use to have like 500 attack damage, but now i have 300... 

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 44 (1,019 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Jan 5, 2013

RichYungThaBest wrote:

alacarpa wrote:

compared to Zeus' sword, it is inferior. Ares' L1 triangle is easily avoidable, while Zeus' L1 triangle easily hits from a safe range.

Yea you are right, Zeus sword attack that pops you into the air hits you from far away as hell, you think you are obviously safe when you cant even see the other character on the screen but no... you randonly go flying 20 feet in the air, also some guy kept running away doing it and then running away spamming, and it was so weird its almost as if he was playing on the same tv because he ran just far enough to not be on the screen each time. 

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 44 (1,014 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 5, 2013
NO.

you joined TWO DAYS AGO.

Everything that doesn't go with what you want is broken.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 44 (1,005 Views)