Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Now I am convinced that Zeus' alignment is OP, as well as Athena's blade.

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

White chests will randomly appear where Red chests appear. Open a white chest to receive one treasure. That's the only way to unlock those pieces of equipment.

Message 31 of 44 (322 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Jan 10, 2013

BHK3 wrote:

Ares as a god, there's no reason to play him honestly. Mechanical skill only goes so far, it comes down to the weapons and items and magic, and Zeus has him beat out in spades in those aspects with tons of special attacks that juggle-bounce-ignore guard etc. The magic is expected to be OP cause it's Zeus after all but the items are just ridiculous...who knows how the other two gods turn out since they're saying they're not gonna be in the beta. 

EXACTLY.

it might well be that Zeus should totally dominate Ares, kinda like Pokemon types. who the hell knows if Ares dominates Hades and Hades dominates Poseidon and Poseidon dominates Zeus? i've said it and i've said it a million times, there's no sense nerfing and buffing relative to one god when we've got two more gods out there.

Message 32 of 44 (300 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013

first off let me start by saying i cant wait for this to be out game is sick but please nerf zeus powers its way to unfair for whoever dont use it   the one that sucks u in n all them for that matter please dont b like all others so everyone has to use same powers just to keep up its ridiculous  the one that sucks u in n zaps u at same time is just sad how over powerful plus u can use twice on one magic bar cmon it sucks n fix on team favor the bottom point to take over that ppl can hit u thru the wall n fence after they set spikes they hit u right on them thats weak besides that tho GREAT GAME I told everyone with plus i know to download it just NERF ZEUS PLZ

Message 33 of 44 (299 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 10, 2013

let me guess u use zeus so of course u would say that all his stuff is way to OP probably one of the worst one sided games i ever played

Message 34 of 44 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 10, 2013

Rumba_Lumba wrote:

BHK3 wrote:

Ares as a god, there's no reason to play him honestly. Mechanical skill only goes so far, it comes down to the weapons and items and magic, and Zeus has him beat out in spades in those aspects with tons of special attacks that juggle-bounce-ignore guard etc. The magic is expected to be OP cause it's Zeus after all but the items are just ridiculous...who knows how the other two gods turn out since they're saying they're not gonna be in the beta. 

EXACTLY.

it might well be that Zeus should totally dominate Ares, kinda like Pokemon types. who the hell knows if Ares dominates Hades and Hades dominates Poseidon and Poseidon dominates Zeus? i've said it and i've said it a million times, there's no sense nerfing and buffing relative to one god when we've got two more gods out there.

But as a spell caster, spell casters are ALWAYS at risk to damage and never have good offensive attack, but most Zeus players use tons of melee.  

As it stands, yeah Ares has high attack...but Zeus has good defense to help him out...plus magic that absolutely DESTROYS in so many ways...and tons of other advantages in combat it's ridiculous.  You can also AVOID all of Ares attacks and there's other ways of killing people like world weapons and traps that can kill as well.  Also, Zeus players do the same damage as Ares players when grabbing or throwing into map hazzards...so there's REALLY little difference between Zeus and Ares combat wise...but perks wise...they have the best item in the game, strongest and most efficient magic, greatest debuff, greatest relics for their class, good attack and defense... like almost every single area except strength...how do you see that as balance?  Literally, zeus excels in EVERY area but strength...but that strength can be AVOIDED INSANELY EASILY and not only that, Zeus players can rival Ares strength with very little strenght in the build.  Sure it might not be exactly as high as an Ares player but they sure as hell get pretty close with just the BoA and full defense armor.  I've fought plenty of Zeus players to know, so it's not like you can sit here and pull the whool over my eyes.  

Anyone standing up for Zeus at this point is clearly a person who relies on all of the perks Zeus has over Ares in order to win.  We don't want a huge overhaul but something that makes ares feel like ares and not just a vanilla warrior that has every disadvantage in the game.  

Message 35 of 44 (291 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Let Ares use his magic during a grapple.

"Now try to avoid it!" *Stuffs mine into mouth*

Message 36 of 44 (287 Views)
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
136 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 10, 2013

Ok, i have been in the beta for a while... had a zeus and ares LV30 before the holiday break...

Zeus is not Op.

Its the learning curve you guys need to adapt...

I use to abuse zeus magic, my build was full zeus armor with hammer, relic of magic chance on kill, chest, spawn and magic cast. teleport and shazam magic. i was pulling 10-1 and 12-1 all the time. BUT i had to play like a chicken... in and out... oportunist to cast L1 tr and L1 sq and magic spaming.

this week i tried a new set up, based on the fact that everybody is complaning about zeus.

Now my build is much more OP.

Ares, ares head and pants, morpheus armor (to counter flavor of the month zeus)

ares furry magic, extra dmg on grab, and extra dmg and heal item.

the key here is the starting hammer lv3. (gladiator hammer)

The grab relic and the gladiator hammer go super well togueter.

i normally kill people with

L1 sqr + grab

they land i jump and L1 TR + grab

That is all.

Stay away from zeus players until they cast... then go in for big dmg... no need for long combos, as they get interreupted all the time. L1 whatever + grab makes you immune for a lot of time. 

Zeus trives on buttom mashers.

Not the games fault, but your own. 

Message 37 of 44 (270 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
35 posts

Sep 4, 2013
My question is anytime i'm playing and I use Ares a lot. Why can't Ares magic do any harm to Zeus! Is Zeus defense just cancels out Ares weak magic! Yes this game is suppose to be balance and there is multiple ways to customize your armor / relic/ and magic but when Zeus finish using his magic i notice no matter what I give any damage I still get killed in the end.

2nd question when did SSM make changes in the updates that you can cancel out a person move when they are in motion L1+ [] or /\. Its clear nobody will answer nor i don't even know why we even bother with a community when most question on here doesn't get answered!
Message 38 of 44 (165 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

what? ohhh, it's OP cry again. not a surprise. oh well, hopeless. u need to read all magics and relics and gears' descriptions carefully.

Message 39 of 44 (161 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
460 posts

Sep 4, 2013
He is more balanced now as are all allegiances. The armor mix gives u the ability to really specialize in what u want to compliment your play style..
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 40 of 44 (153 Views)
0 Likes