Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Objectives = Noob? o.O

Apr 10, 2013

czeuch wrote:
What they should do is to create a deathmatch mode without anything but combat.

Exactly!!!!

Pure filled of gore action gameplay is what i like the most of this game.

Also i notice that everyday more and more players are going way too defensive and conservative playstyle (wich i hate), and that is boring for me too. Abusing op game mechanics/exploits, magic spammers, runing cowards, etc. I HATE THEM

Message 21 of 66 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 10, 2013

a simple deathmatch mode would solve al this no objectives and no world weapons and if u don't like people running away from u play 2v2 and listen to this alright Smiley Wink http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSgpusp7PA

Message 22 of 66 (150 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Thanatos_Mortis wrote:
It does not make you bad player....in my opinion..since I rarely collect chests or do objective other than executing the Cyclops and awakening the Gorgon..I earn my victories by combat points.....I just personally find it a bit irritating to see that someone who scored 3 kills & 8 deaths above my score of 12 kills & 5 deaths..solely because he had higher objective points...It sometimes makes feel that i had played bodyguard throughout that whole match while he collected chests.... I am known for saving many of my teammates lives when they are in a pinch but I will not fight your battles for you while you go collect favor..

Exactly. A deathmatch mode or more favor for kills would make me a little happier about this whole thing.

Diseus
Message 23 of 66 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I don't think team play should necessarily be promoted. That aspect of the game and the bigger maps have failed. 2v2 is fun though
Message 24 of 66 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 10, 2013

skullsmasuree wrote:
I don't think team play should necessarily be promoted. That aspect of the game and the bigger maps have failed. 2v2 is fun though

I think team play should definitly be promoted, but when players with 2-8, 3-9,4-5, whatever are winning to people with 2+ k/ds then there is a bit of an issue. I also do not think the big maps have failed, I personally have alot of fun on them, and when I am running with a compentent group we hold down the map really well.

Diseus
Message 25 of 66 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I understand if you play as support/healer & collect chests..but do not insult the warriors by putting on a combat/warrior class & use a fighter's strategy only to either run away, steal kills, & collect chest.

If you know that you more efficient at collecting favor & supporting the team & your strength does not lie combat...Then please play as a support/healer..do not get in the way of the fighters...if you collect lots of chest then kills use a relic of harmony please..
Message 26 of 66 (119 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Seriously? You guys think collecting objective makes you a bad player or a noob? Is that why they build this game around combat AND objectives? Wow what bunch a whiners! K/D don't mean **bleep** in this game and I like it that way. Gives less skillful players a chance to actually have fun and contribute to a team! And by less skillful I mostly mean people who don't know how/won't use the games exploits (jump slicing, hades spamming, ect.) seems the only people I play online that beat me are them kinda people
Message 27 of 66 (118 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I am not saying that they are bad players or "noobs"...In my opinion I would actually have more fun & feel like i contributed to team more by brutally killing a enemy player thus reducing the other teams favor income for a short time....much more rewarding than opening a chest...
Message 28 of 66 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11778 posts

Apr 10, 2013

@thanatos

>to my great shame.....even when I play support (every game) I dont cap objectives unless the alter is convenient. I prefer combat myself but it is perfectly legit to go for chests of course. I dont think you mind that I fight alongside you either Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 29 of 66 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I Think Balancing Objectives & Going For The Hunt Are Perfectly Alright As Long As Your Not Abusing World Weapons As Other Players Do .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 30 of 66 (103 Views)
0 Likes