Sackboy
533 posts

Re: Objectives = Noob? o.O

Apr 10, 2013

czeuch wrote:
What they should do is to create a deathmatch mode without anything but combat.

Exactly!!!!

Pure filled of gore action gameplay is what i like the most of this game.

Also i notice that everyday more and more players are going way too defensive and conservative playstyle (wich i hate), and that is boring for me too. Abusing op game mechanics/exploits, magic spammers, runing cowards, etc. I HATE THEM

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 66 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2741 posts

Apr 10, 2013

a simple deathmatch mode would solve al this no objectives and no world weapons and if u don't like people running away from u play 2v2 and listen to this alright :smileywink: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrSgpusp7PA

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 66 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Thanatos_Mortis wrote:
It does not make you bad player....in my opinion..since I rarely collect chests or do objective other than executing the Cyclops and awakening the Gorgon..I earn my victories by combat points.....I just personally find it a bit irritating to see that someone who scored 3 kills & 8 deaths above my score of 12 kills & 5 deaths..solely because he had higher objective points...It sometimes makes feel that i had played bodyguard throughout that whole match while he collected chests.... I am known for saving many of my teammates lives when they are in a pinch but I will not fight your battles for you while you go collect favor..

Exactly. A deathmatch mode or more favor for kills would make me a little happier about this whole thing.

Diseus
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 66 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I don't think team play should necessarily be promoted. That aspect of the game and the bigger maps have failed. 2v2 is fun though
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 66 (120 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
197 posts

Apr 10, 2013

skullsmasuree wrote:
I don't think team play should necessarily be promoted. That aspect of the game and the bigger maps have failed. 2v2 is fun though

I think team play should definitly be promoted, but when players with 2-8, 3-9,4-5, whatever are winning to people with 2+ k/ds then there is a bit of an issue. I also do not think the big maps have failed, I personally have alot of fun on them, and when I am running with a compentent group we hold down the map really well.

Diseus
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 66 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I understand if you play as support/healer & collect chests..but do not insult the warriors by putting on a combat/warrior class & use a fighter's strategy only to either run away, steal kills, & collect chest.

If you know that you more efficient at collecting favor & supporting the team & your strength does not lie combat...Then please play as a support/healer..do not get in the way of the fighters...if you collect lots of chest then kills use a relic of harmony please..
Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 66 (102 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

Apr 10, 2013
Seriously? You guys think collecting objective makes you a bad player or a noob? Is that why they build this game around combat AND objectives? Wow what bunch a whiners! K/D don't mean **bleep** in this game and I like it that way. Gives less skillful players a chance to actually have fun and contribute to a team! And by less skillful I mostly mean people who don't know how/won't use the games exploits (jump slicing, hades spamming, ect.) seems the only people I play online that beat me are them kinda people
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 66 (101 Views)
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I am not saying that they are bad players or "noobs"...In my opinion I would actually have more fun & feel like i contributed to team more by brutally killing a enemy player thus reducing the other teams favor income for a short time....much more rewarding than opening a chest...
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 66 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11099 posts

Apr 10, 2013

@thanatos

>to my great shame.....even when I play support (every game) I dont cap objectives unless the alter is convenient. I prefer combat myself but it is perfectly legit to go for chests of course. I dont think you mind that I fight alongside you either :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 66 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5582 posts

Apr 10, 2013
I Think Balancing Objectives & Going For The Hunt Are Perfectly Alright As Long As Your Not Abusing World Weapons As Other Players Do .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 66 (86 Views)
0 Likes