Dec 21 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Ok, getting tired of this.

23 replies 286 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

I just played GOWA_Dev7 (that's not what I'm tired of lol) and I gotta say GG but the match I played against him really opened up  my eyes to what really annoys me about this game. 

First off, I was so glad to see that the grapple button got a fix...but now it seems to be bouncing off of players again, or allowing people to grab me when they shouldn't.  I was attacking this guys team mate and in the middle of my combo he just grapples me out of nowhere.

I go to attack his team mate again and out of nowhere he goes from just standing there to parrying me.  There was no block animation and no white barrier showing him parrying me he just parried me. 

One of the huge...HUGE things that annoys me in this game is the fact that you can become invincible while evading.  Now, evading makes sense to dodge attacks and what not...but why does it make you invincible?  Every time I was getting double teamed I'd use my magic, but then right when I'd land...right when they should be getting hurt they wait a split second and evade but don't get hurt, even if they're still in the damage ring. 

Evading is really annoying when not using magic too, I'll hit them with a triangle attack which slams my hammer down and they'll be just on the other side of my hammer and won't get hurt, even though there is a small AoE coming from the hammer.  This makes it extremely, extremely annoying because people can just evade constantly when they're about to die and my grapple bounces off of them but when I'm about to die there's nothing I can do but just accept it unless I try to chance a spell or item. 

Another thing I hate is, why can my enemies hit me more than I can hit them?  When I start comboing someone, if my attack doesn't end with holding triangle, they flop on the ground and get i-frames... BUT when I get combo'd I flop in the air and they can still attack me.  No joke, every person who melees me can juggle me in the air with light attacks but when I use any form of combo on them, they hit the ground, roll backwards in that action pose and start flashing i-frames.  Why? 

Ares spells should be looked into because they're all easy to avoid and GOWA_DEV7 should agree with me very much.  He evaded every single one of my level 3 infernos and he activated the demi god spell at least twice and all I had to do was sprint away and he never got a single kill on me. 

Not sure why, but my combos always end early when I use square, square, hold triangle, square, square, square, R1.  I barely...just barely get to the 4th square in the combo and they're falling to the ground lightning fast.  Like the first hit in the air has a "extreme gravity" effect.  It's already hard enough with the evading, item usage, spells, and lag to get a good combo going but then when you do, 99% of the time it gets cut short because the other player falls to the ground before you can complete it even if you're beating the crap out of him. 

Message 1 of 24 (286 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Ok, getting tired of this.

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

GOWA_Dev7 is a developer what do you expect. He could be testing out new concept for weapons ans whatnot. I've seen him before to, but i just leave because I know what im getting into. Welcome to a Multiplayer game. Multiplayer games have LAG compensation, so get used to it.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 2 of 24 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I found devs 6 and 1 too lol. 7 went 1-6 the first time but the second went 3-1.

But it wasn't that he was extremely godly it's just, why on earth are people invincible during evades? Especially during magic.

The rest of the stuff the dev didn't do, it was other people.
Message 3 of 24 (267 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

Once again, welcome to LAG compensation. Do you know what that is? People are not invincible when the are evading. You can easily snatch then with the grapple button to then attack and kick them.

PSN Gamercards
Message 4 of 24 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Your comment about the "extreme gravity" effect is true. The gravity logic in this game is a little broken. When enemies are in the air from your attacks there is literally extreme gravity that pulls them down instantly. Then, when an enemy throws you in the air with the HOLD Δ move, you character literally is waiting in mid-air for 5,000 hours for the enemy to snatch you and kick you.

PSN Gamercards
Message 5 of 24 (257 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 22, 2012

AKiMbO-_-SLICEE wrote:

Once again, welcome to LAG compensation. Do you know what that is? People are not invincible when the are evading. You can easily snatch then with the grapple button to then attack and kick them.

I know this...but to everything but a grapple they are invincible which is exactly what I'm pointing out.  It's stupid how you can just evade out of the only useful magic on ares side. 

Message 6 of 24 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Well for now, have that knowledge and put it to use. Wait for them to finish evading, then spam your magic. Or, snatch them in the process. As of now, the Beta is still a "Work in progress", it is only a beta, and a closed one to add to that.

PSN Gamercards
Message 7 of 24 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 22, 2012

AKiMbO-_-SLICEE wrote:

Well for now, have that knowledge and put it to use. Wait for them to finish evading, then spam your magic. Or, snatch them in the process. As of now, the Beta is still a "Work in progress", it is only a beta, and a closed one to add to that.

You can't do that though. 

You can't just wait for them to "quit evading" because it's so easy to dodge, I do it all the time and I see people do it all the time.  Even if you hit them with the stun at the beginning of the attack they instantly evade and are immune to it, and if you wait long enough, they can just run away which makes your spell completely useless.

Message 8 of 24 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3322 posts

Dec 22, 2012
sry im short on time at this moment, but I was playing with Dev7 as well earlier, he seems to be the badass, cause I played with dev6 and dev08 as well and they didnt seem to be hauling as much.
But ya, this guy did a brutal kill to me in the air once. thats all I came to say..
Message 9 of 24 (225 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 22, 2012

How come when I evade I get snatched form across the map when the blade isn't even touching me?!!? Smiley Mad Smiley Happy

PSN Gamercards
Message 10 of 24 (217 Views)
0 Likes