Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Re: Ok, getting tired of this.

Dec 22, 2012

teclisen31 wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

We're working on some issues with the evade.

Just to give a background - we're trying to skirt the line between what's fair for the attacker and defender in a lag/latency situation. If i see you evading, you may already be finished on your screen - so who should win?

We've implemented some changes in the latest patch that hopefully addresses this, but there are still some remaining issues we're working through.

In terms of evades being a little overpowered - that's something we're looking into addressing as well. The i-frame debate is always a rough one, but right now it is contributing to certain magics and abilities being less effective than they should be. 

Hopefully we'll have some changes to address this shortly.

Thanks for the reply. 

I have a thought, but maybe the evade could work in tiers? 

As in, just like when you block, it can only be broken by triangle, or a triangle special.  If you parry it parries everything BUT triangle and triangle specials.

What if you made it so when you evaded, you became invulnerable when getting hit by face buttons (square, triangle, circle) but not when getting hit with specials, world weapons, and spells?

This makes sense to me because these are all the highest damaging ways to kill people in battle.  Take Ares inferno for example.  You jump into the air, and land with a huge force that sends people flying through the air, but if you hop forward about a foot you're perfectly safe even if you're in the center of the blast.

I'm not asking to make you get hit even if you're standing outside of the attack.  Say someone does L1 + triangle with the blade of ares and they miss because you evaded.  Alright, that's ok but you shouldn't be able to get hit with a world weapon, spell or even a special and just evade out of it.  It really throws off my strategies when my opponent can evade right when I land an attack to negate all damage and I"m left sitting there with nothing to do but hope they stop evading my attacks. 

I would argue all attacks go through the evade because to be perfectly honest, it's an evade it's not like it's a magical barrier and you don't actually pop on i-frames.  (since there wasn't any involvement of i-frames I assumed that you should be able to be hit)  But, if they got hit by every attack, I'm guessing that'd make evasion pointless and a lot of people angry.

Thank you for taking my points into consideration!  I hope you can find a happy medium or at the very least make spells blow through evades. 

Message 21 of 24 (149 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 22, 2012

Goldhawk1 wrote:

teclisen31 wrote:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback!

We're working on some issues with the evade.

Just to give a background - we're trying to skirt the line between what's fair for the attacker and defender in a lag/latency situation. If i see you evading, you may already be finished on your screen - so who should win?

We've implemented some changes in the latest patch that hopefully addresses this, but there are still some remaining issues we're working through.

In terms of evades being a little overpowered - that's something we're looking into addressing as well. The i-frame debate is always a rough one, but right now it is contributing to certain magics and abilities being less effective than they should be. 

Hopefully we'll have some changes to address this shortly.

Thanks for the reply. 

I have a thought, but maybe the evade could work in tiers? 

As in, just like when you block, it can only be broken by triangle, or a triangle special.  If you parry it parries everything BUT triangle and triangle specials.

What if you made it so when you evaded, you became invulnerable when getting hit by face buttons (square, triangle, circle) but not when getting hit with specials, world weapons, and spells?

This makes sense to me because these are all the highest damaging ways to kill people in battle.  Take Ares inferno for example.  You jump into the air, and land with a huge force that sends people flying through the air, but if you hop forward about a foot you're perfectly safe even if you're in the center of the blast.

I'm not asking to make you get hit even if you're standing outside of the attack.  Say someone does L1 + triangle with the blade of ares and they miss because you evaded.  Alright, that's ok but you shouldn't be able to get hit with a world weapon, spell or even a special and just evade out of it.  It really throws off my strategies when my opponent can evade right when I land an attack to negate all damage and I"m left sitting there with nothing to do but hope they stop evading my attacks. 

I would argue all attacks go through the evade because to be perfectly honest, it's an evade it's not like it's a magical barrier and you don't actually pop on i-frames.  (since there wasn't any involvement of i-frames I assumed that you should be able to be hit)  But, if they got hit by every attack, I'm guessing that'd make evasion pointless and a lot of people angry.

Thank you for taking my points into consideration!  I hope you can find a happy medium or at the very least make spells blow through evades. 

Couldn't have said it better myself Goldhawk1, on Demigod power, maybe they add that the punches throw a fireball cause it really is an overwgelming power, also i see no reason why mine on Ares Punch thing should be blockable or dodgeable etc

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 22 of 24 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 22, 2012

I do not agree that evade should be tweaked.
If anything, change the magic so that it damages even on evade if you are in the AoE. That should address the i-frame/lag issue when using magic. Evade is sometimes the last line of defense when you're up against 2 or even 3 enemies at a time. Nerfing evade will make it just that much more frustrating.

I mean, what other options do we have to escape or even move quickly to set up attacks? L2 (if you're using Escape, will stop a combo but leave you vulnerable still after the i-frames, not to mention it has cooldown). Parry does not remove you from a situation it is strictly contextual and again, will not help much when up against numbers unless both enemies timed their attacks to sync.

Fighting in the MP shouldn't come down to 2 brutes just standing there beating each other to a pulp and whoever has the most health wins. Evade should be able to be utilized to set up combos, move quickly between enemies and help fight strategically and intelligently.

Message 23 of 24 (138 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10163 posts

Dec 22, 2012

bmadger wrote:

I do not agree that evade should be tweaked.
If anything, change the magic so that it damages even on evade if you are in the AoE. That should address the i-frame/lag issue when using magic. Evade is sometimes the last line of defense when you're up against 2 or even 3 enemies at a time. Nerfing evade will make it just that much more frustrating.

I mean, what other options do we have to escape or even move quickly to set up attacks? L2 (if you're using Escape, will stop a combo but leave you vulnerable still after the i-frames, not to mention it has cooldown). Parry does not remove you from a situation it is strictly contextual and again, will not help much when up against numbers unless both enemies timed their attacks to sync.

Fighting in the MP shouldn't come down to 2 brutes just standing there beating each other to a pulp and whoever has the most health wins. Evade should be able to be utilized to set up combos, move quickly between enemies and help fight strategically and intelligently.

What I pointed out in your response is exactly what I'm asking for. 

But to be perfectly honest with you, there are REALLY powerful attacks that get negated because of a dodge. 

Not asking for it to be a different animation or be completely vulnerable, but when I hit them wtih an attack and THEN they dodge, it's pretty silly.

For example, I fought a ton of GoW devs yesterday and they all kept throwing hammers at me.  Well when I go to throw hammers at someone they'll dodge and still be in the animation when the hammer hits them square in the head but yet doesn't hurt them....not even a little.  That's pretty ridiculous considering you can kill multiple people with a hammer.  I threw a hammer at someone the other day and killed his team mate and shoved the other team mate off the cliff to save my team mates life... if a hammer can demolish health as much as it can and have that much knock back there's no way in hell you should be able to just evade to escape powerful attacks. 

I understand actually evading... like if someone's about to hit you and you evade out of the attack and you aren't hit...but most of these attacks I'm actually landing on my enemies but they take no damage.  I'm so sick of that because they can just lag grapple me or somehow power through my attacks to perform combos on me but I can't even land a special, world weapon hit or spell because they're dodging like mad.

And it's not like I can just stop and grapple them.  They do it so perfectly that they'll still get hit and if I try to grapple them from doing so, it'll just bounce off leaving me even more wide open. 

Message 24 of 24 (135 Views)
0 Likes