Mar 30 2013
By: Maz-Adaz97 Lombax Warrior 169 posts

PLEASE REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION

13 replies 131 views Edited Mar 30, 2013

Hey guys, so quick question. My internet download limit was exceeded, and so now im running on extremely slow internet, does that in any way affect the matchmaking. Before usually it would take me 10-15minutes to find a game (at 20mb-30mb) because of poor matchmaking, now the whole day after sitting maybe 4hours + i managed to find one game only. Is this only for me or everyone else, is it from my internet?

Message 1 of 14 (131 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11768 posts

Re: PLEASE REALLY IMPORTANT QUESTION

Mar 30, 2013

Thanatos and I waited an hr to find a game yesterday......

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 14 (128 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Yeah that happened to me even when my internet was working fine, but today its different, im telling you i stayed the whole day 4+ for one game that disconnected from host. I wanna know if its from the internet or not.

Message 3 of 14 (118 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I found a game suprisingly, thank God. Lets hope it happens again.

Message 4 of 14 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Oh and I got raped by a posiedon, after 2 more levels of Ares im leveling up Poseidon, even though i was planning for Zeus.

Message 5 of 14 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Maz-Adaz97 wrote:

Yeah that happened to me even when my internet was working fine, but today its different, im telling you i stayed the whole day 4+ for one game that disconnected from host. I wanna know if its from the internet or not.

Short answer is yes.   Sure, it could be a number of things, but if your connection's being throttled, it will definitely hinder matchmaking and gameplay online.  You'll have a harder time finding a match (or finding it might be easy, but it'll keep dropping) and you'll lose connection MUCH more frequently to other players.  Ascension seems to be rather bandwidth hungry.  

For example, when I was on some shoddy wireless, I could play Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with no problem.  Ascension had all sorts of issues, particularly matchmaking and staying connected to matches.  Match of Champions fared better with 4 players than something like Team Favor of the Gods with 8, naturally.

But yeah, last thing you want is your connection being throttled, especially with this game.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 6 of 14 (104 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Than a lot, and that sucks. It won't be up and running again untill monday, the day double xp ends -.-

Message 7 of 14 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Maz-Adaz97 wrote:

Than a lot, and that sucks. It won't be up and running again untill monday, the day double xp ends -.-

That sucks.  You can still try to play, but as you've seen, there'll be much more hassle associated with it.  However, you can still play Trial of the Gods by yourself and earn double xp.  You don't have to worry about anything there except losing connection to PSN.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Message 8 of 14 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Mar 30, 2013

I thought solo trial of the gods was the only game mode with no double xp. Even though there is no fun in that, personally i hate trial of the gods. Thanks anyways Smiley Happy ill see what i can do.

Message 9 of 14 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Maz-Adaz97 wrote:

I thought solo trial of the gods was the only game mode with no double xp. Even though there is no fun in that, personally i hate trial of the gods. Thanks anyways Smiley Happy ill see what i can do.

They said it was for all modes this weekend and it certainly seemed to be giving me more xp.  Trial of the Gods is annoying to me as well, but I play it when trying different things out or to get some white chests or if I'm downloading a lot and don't want to lag up anyone's MP match.

----------------------

Message 10 of 14 (70 Views)
0 Likes