I like the practice arena, but comboing is a bit different there. For example, you can do a jumping triangle attack with the sword to juggle the dummy ad infinitum. This isn't possible in the other game modes. On the other hand, a simple jumping triangle, land, square, square, grapple isn't doable in the practice area the same way it is in FotG.
Would it be possible to make these environments match?
when performing that brutal kill when you cut him half from the shiulder there is no blood coming at all there should be alot of it man i saw some trailers there was blood coming out but there is nothing un the beta
Surprise, we patched! We were uncertain if this patch would go live before the Holidays, thus we did not pre-announce it. That said, we've excited to launch another support update for the Multiplayer Beta. This one is still largely technical focused. We are focusing heavily on game balance issues, but have yet to determine a patch timeline for this during the Beta. We will do our best, especially when we return to active status on Jan 2, after we close down this Sunday night.
Here are the 1.08 change-list notes:
- You can now return to the training tutorial through the main lobby, and practice your sparring.
- Tuned amount of XP awarded for Feats
- Improvement to overall network performance
- Fix for music from match persisting into the lobby
- Fixed various sound effects missing
- Fixed music cutting out after multiple matches
- Feats can now occur multiple times per match
- Improved lag delay and unreliability when tethering other players
- Player with the best bandwidth is now selected as the host of the match
- Added a network disconnect icon
- Fixed Brazillian-Portuguese language selection crash - will not crash when changing language
- When starting a new game, players now wait 10 seconds instead of 60 seconds (intermission between rounds is still 60 seconds)
- Added UI indicators for off-screen players
- Hercules arrow trap Favor now worth same as player kill
- After a DeathStreak (3 deaths in a row), players will now respawn with magic and a burst of cooldown reduction until getting their next kill
As always, your feedback is appreciated, thank you.
So with my 100mb DL and 10 MB UL i'm pretty much going to be the host every time
Still waiting for the "grouping/party" feature in a patch so we can test that before launch, that is something that is going to be hugely important to this type of game...being able to deploy and play with your online friends.
Oh and have you guys given any thought to clan support yet?
Another little thing I noticed after the patch:
Every time I log on I see exclamation points by the Relic, Item, and Magic selections, but it's all stuff I already have and I haven't leveled up. The "new" stuff is Essence of Hyperion, Relics of Dark Magic, Prosperity, Harmony, and Olympus, and Olympic Judgement. It's getting pretty tiring having to highlight these everytime to make the exclamation points go away.
Why can we see names from far while playing team + enemies. You cant sneak up on people and have the element of surprise. Not a fan of this new feature and hope it doesnt stay long.
Please look into not keeping the UI indicators for off-screen players, at the moment it is alright for new players but I dont think this feature should be on release. Its to easy to know where enemies are and takes away from the battle, possibly having them just for your teammates incase they need you assistance, but shouldnt be on for enemies.
I'm curious to see that when I get on this afternoon. I never had a problem figuring out where people were. All you had to to was see which altars icons on side of screen and you had an idea where the action was.
This could totally ruin going for the altars in FOTG mode and gives guys who just like to run up KDR a huge advantage. Giving the guys like myself who are objective based players a giant beacon saying where I am. Plus I kind of enjoy "hunting" the map with a way to approach a battle. This takes that away.
I will pass my final views after I try it later.
The first match I noticed it right away and absolutely disliked the feature, like you said it takes away from the battle (which it did) . I personally am going to fight for this to be taken off.
Looking forward to your input about the UI indicators.
I never really gave it much thought, and I didn't really think it took anything away from the fight. But I do agree now that I have read some feedback that UI for enemy players offscreen should definitely be removed. It should definitely stay ON for teamates in my opinion, however!