Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Splicer
47 posts

Re: People in this community...

Apr 1, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

Most people in this community lack the proper mentality for this game!

I constantly read about people trying to justify there actions, or de-justify other peoples action by quoting fairytale or otherwise movie cliche ideals or "slogans".
Things as "that's not how a spartan plays" or "That's cowardly" or "you just spam" or "The gods don't do that or this"

If any of you come from the competitive e-sport community you would know that sentences like that are a surefire way of being labeled a noob or an idiot!
If a game is competitive, there are no wrongs as how to play it, as long as you keep it within the tools the developers have given you!
(IE. use anything except for glitches, cheats and other things that might be proven game breaking!)

Example, if you encounter a person "spamming" a specific move over and over again. And you keep on being beaten by it!
Its not the other person being cheap!
Its you that are a dumbäss for not learning how to deal with it after constantly being exposed to it!

And if you think that "the way of a spartan" is the optimal playstyle by constantly throwing your self in to battle, and keep on dying.
Well, then you are also a dumbäss if you expect this to lead to victory!

And to all you that keep on saying that X technique is to difficult, or  that Y attack is too underpowered.
Stop complaining! give them a honest try!
Rom wasn't built in a day, neither will you become a pro at the game over a night!
Take a day or two just exploring your options, trying to learn said technique or weapon.
In the end of the day its not how many people you have killed, or how many points you have earned,
Its about how much you have learned, and how much better you have become!

Any top e-sport person will tell you that the best way to win, is to play solid, by not taking unnecessary risks,
and always keeping calm and remember what you have learned and apply it optimally in to the game!

Sure, for some it can be fun to not care what you do, just to mash buttons for a while.
And i totally support this, and for people to play the game at there own terms.
but please, don't comment on other peoples playstyle with idiotic comments such as those above!

Hope this will lead to a better community and understanding of the mentality of the competitive gaming scene!

//Crimson

I stopped reading when you called people dumba****. You sound like a whiny, nerdy whimp. Who cares what the e-sports community says? They're just a bunch of nerds who aren't good at anything. In all honesty, you really can't deny that many games have scrub-friendly/easy mode tactics built-in. To deny that is idiotic. That's like telling a team of engineers to dominate a team of marksmen in killzone. There's not much you can do when people are invisi-camping with one-hit-kill weapons.

People who abuse scrub-friendly maneuvers are the ones who ruin the community. Using the same broken easy-mode exploits can make a game predictable and incredibly boring, while taking the competitive nature away.

Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 42 (219 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Apr 1, 2013
The complaining will never cease because you have players of two different mind sets playing this game. You have the players who enjoy the game and just want to have fun. Then you have the more competitive players, where I'd say doing well means a bit more to them (not that it doesn't to the former).

The game also wasn't built to focus solely on competitive and skill based play, though some mechanics for it are present. There is the element of random in this game, which is what will cause people who don't come to terms with it to complain. I've come to terms with it ages ago.

I mainly play MoC because I enjoy the competitive aspect. Yet it is clearly evident that the best player will not always win. It's actually impossible. I have a 71% win rate. But it doesn't bother me because I realise what type of game I'm playing. Not the perfect example because GoW actually does require skill to do well, but it's akin to saying your he best at Mario Party or a similar game. That game is totally random regardless of the certain games within it that require good reactions.

Like I said in another thread there is no official way to play. You can play in whatever what you like. The community though will always have unofficial rules as to what's accepted or frowned upon. If it doesn't bother you then kudos to you but be prepared for some backlash Crimson if you antagonise people like you did in your other thread.

It's an effective method when playing against 4 people but I would bet my house if we played a first to 10 1v1 I would beat you since you seem to heavily really on that play style based on the videos I've seen of you.

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 42 (211 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 1, 2013

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Who cares what the e-sports community says?

Well, obviously i do!
This due to them following a strict set of rules, made for the fairness and equality for each of the player!

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

They're just a bunch of nerds who aren't good at anything

Wow. someone have hight thoughts of them self! May i ask what makes you such a "winner" in life?

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

In all honesty, you really can't deny that many games have scrub-friendly/easy mode tactics built-in

I am not, and i will never deny diversity amongst playstyles as long as people play on equal terms!

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

People who abuse scrub-friendly maneuvers are the ones who ruin the community.

No!
Its people that think they are above everyone else, that think they have the right to dictate what is "fair" and "cheap"!
People that justify there own shortcomings in a game by blaming others for their lack of dedications and self improvement.
People that rather just whine about things, rather then stop and analyze the situation and try to beat it!
People like you!

KillaCam7I3 wrote:

Using the same broken easy-mode exploits can make a game predictable and incredibly boring, while taking the competitive nature away

If a human is behind the controller, its never predictable, the ultimate factor will always be mindgames!
The person that thinks the most and have the most knowledge of the game will always be victorious,
never the person that solely relys on using the same tricks over and over again!

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 42 (195 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Apr 1, 2013
The first post have been edited, please have a look!
Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 42 (178 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Bumping this thread because i think there still some good discussions to be had in it!
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 42 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 2, 2013

There are no good discussions to be had with you, so you might as well let this thread die. The only good discussion with you is one not had.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 42 (137 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Apr 2, 2013
No you are wrong. There is a such thing as cheap tactics and you are a noob for abusing them. A good player fights with skill and skill alone. Cheap tactics is for losers like you. Even if you win a game you are still a loser because you prove to the rest of the community you are absent of skill. So have fun winning games noob. Take that to e-sport and tell them to slob on big hairy wet one.
Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 42 (130 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 2, 2013
I don't why some people got offended with this thread... He didn't say to abuse cheap methods to win. He said that if you're being beaten it's not the other person that is being cheap, but you're goind something wrong.

The whinners exist everywhere. In Assassin's Creed 3, people complain about the power of an ability caled Smoke Bomb... And it is considered very cheap by a lot of people to use it on offense.

So this is not something specific from GoWA community. I agree with some posts which talked about the balance in this game. What matters most here is your skill, not your allegiance.

And saying that the person who win is a noob, in this game it might be possible since there are objectives (chests, altars, etc). But usually if a person wins, its hardly a noob. Or maybe it's a noob among other noobs :smileytongue:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 42 (117 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Sadly some people rather call the whole world wrong, then admitting that the fault lies with them self!
This is especially common in the world of gaming.
Iv made a combine profit of ~$2300 on competitive gaming (TEKKEN)
Which is not much, I know. but I this is proof of my dedication.
Iv played TEKKEN for about 8 years now, 6 years competitive.
So even if people don't agree with me, I feel confident in what Im saying when it comes to competitive gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 42 (105 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

May 4, 2013
I now look back on this thread, and can honestly say that iv seen an overall change for the better in this community.
Less people whine, and more people seems to be focusing on improving them self, instead of slandering other players.
It was worth sticking around :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 42 (68 Views)
0 Likes