Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Mar 31 2013
By: Crimson_SWE I Only Post Everything 1201 posts

People in this community...

[ Edited ]
41 replies 486 views Edited Apr 1, 2013

Most people in this community lack the proper mentality for this game!

I constantly read about people trying to justify there actions, or de-justify other peoples action by quoting fairytale or otherwise movie cliche ideals or "slogans".
Things as "that's not how a spartan plays" or "That's cowardly" or "you just spam" or "The gods don't do that or this"

If any of you come from the competitive e-sport community you would know that sentences like that are a surefire way of being labeled a noob or an idiot!
If a game is competitive, there are no wrongs as how to play it, as long as you keep it within the tools the developers have given you!
(IE. use anything except for glitches, cheats and other things that might be proven game breaking!)

Example, if you encounter a person "spamming" a specific move over and over again. And you keep on being beaten by it!
Its not the other person being cheap!
Its you that are a dumbäss for not learning how to deal with it after constantly being exposed to it!

And if you think that "the way of a spartan" is the optimal playstyle by constantly throwing your self in to battle, and keep on dying.
Well, then you are also a dumbäss if you expect this to lead to victory!

And to all you that keep on saying that X technique is to difficult, or  that Y attack is too underpowered.
Stop complaining! give them a honest try!
Rom wasn't built in a day, neither will you become a pro at the game over a night!
Take a day or two just exploring your options, trying to learn said technique or weapon.
In the end of the day its not how many people you have killed, or how many points you have earned,
Its about how much you have learned, and how much better you have become!

Any top e-sport person will tell you that the best way to win, is to play solid, by not taking unnecessary risks,
and always keeping calm and remember what you have learned and apply it optimally in to the game!

Sure, for some it can be fun to not care what you do, just to mash buttons for a while.
And i totally support this, and for people to play the game at there own terms.
but please, don't comment on other peoples playstyle with idiotic comments such as those above!

Hope this will lead to a better community and understanding of the mentality of the competitive gaming scene!

//Crimson

------------------------------EDITED--------------------------------

Here is a example of me going in soly for the purpose of training on my parry technique!

It should however be noted that this was not my first game practicing parry.
I got my behind handed to me in several previous games due to constantly only trying to parry every attack!
But its now starting to pay of as i feel more confident in using the parry, rather then just soly relying on dodge/evade!
And i encourage people to take some time learning how to use it properly as well!

Message 1 of 42 (486 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: People in this community...

Mar 31, 2013
I agree but for one point: I was once on a MoC 4, but there were only 3 person. On the last 5 min, the guy kept running on circles. He only stopped on 2 ocasions: to get a chest and to get world weapon. He only fought when he had a world weapon, which was every 1 minute. I tried to hit the guy but due to lag, I wasn't able to stop him. This annoyed me badly because one thing is running when at low health to try to survive. Another thing is only fightning with world weapon... Hopefully I only found this guy once.

I was really upset with this guy, because this was too coward... I run sometimes to find some health or magic, but never for more than 15 to 20 seconds. I fight most of the times because that's the fun of it...

This would be solved if they implement a deathmatch mode. No chest, no health, only magic fountains.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 2 of 42 (464 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Mar 31, 2013
if he was sprinting you could of just grapple him. the grapple chain have some what longer reach then most people think!
Message 3 of 42 (446 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 31, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:
if he was sprinting you could of just grapple him. the grapple chain have some what longer reach then most people think!

No, it doesn't.  Like he said, lag was playing a factor.  I've been up against laggers that I'm maybe 5 feet away from and can't grapple them.  Attacks don't land, grapple doesn't land, they interrupt you at strange times.  Now, their grapples will get you from across the screen or you'll simply die mysteriously.

Grappling, especially in Team Favor or any 8 player match is nigh broken when matchmaking lumps the world in together, or a couple people just have no idea how to set up a router or are running budget internet.

Sometimes you're on the invincible side of it (as you've shown in some of your videos) and sometimes you're at the mercy of it.  Point is, you can't always grapple someone when you should be able to, and that was the case in the earlier comment.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 4 of 42 (442 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Mar 31, 2013

well on the spamming point, the boots of hermes, spam o over and over again and even if you escape the enemy can run away insanly fast and come back when your shield or escape thing has ran out. Its them being cheap not me being a **bleep** -_-. once you start experiencing these problems in MOC or 2v2 when kills matter so much ina hige orgy of people attacking itll annoy when you lose alot due to it

Message 5 of 42 (435 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Mar 31, 2013
sure lag plays a huge factor, but if you see some one constantly sprinting, there is always a way to grapple him, no mater how laggy it is!
Message 6 of 42 (434 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 1, 2013

the thing is with the boots of hermes you can L1 O in and out of grapple range INSANLY fast

Message 7 of 42 (423 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1201 posts

Apr 1, 2013

theklassklown wrote:

the thing is with the boots of hermes you can L1 O in and out of grapple range INSANLY fast

May be, but they only hit "low" so you always have the option to jump when someone you see someone dashing in at you and then launch them with a heavy attack while in the air!
Message 8 of 42 (411 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4316 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

theklassklown wrote:

May be, but they only hit "low" so you always have the option to jump when someone you see someone dashing in at you and then launch them with a heavy attack while in the air!

That's one area where the spear fails, the whole jump and heavy just sends you to the ground, no real combo potential.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 9 of 42 (400 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 1, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

theklassklown wrote:

for me atleast, easier said then done

Message 10 of 42 (395 Views)
0 Likes