Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Re: Platinum trophy achievements.

Jan 13, 2013
I wonder how it would work, as far as bashing people with it and doing combos.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 65 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Jan 13, 2013
Would be great to use. though i fear it will be one of those "Most Used weapons" like Spears are ment to keep People away from you and if we got a Pro Spear user going arround then OH SH**!. lol i'd be one of them XD

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 65 (121 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
23 posts

Jan 13, 2013

What if Platinums simply unlocked new weapon skins... like all swords look like Blade of Olympus or something like that, still have the same attributes as which ever weapon you equip but they just look different, this way those who have the platinum trophies for all the games can still feel like they stand out (until everybody is using the same weapon skin) without it affecting gameplay at all

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 65 (116 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I love that idea! great thinking! also skins for Armor?

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 65 (114 Views)
0 Likes
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
402 posts

Jan 13, 2013

So...you guys want something unlocked for you in Ascension based on platinum trophy status for any (or all) of our previous GoW games? Is that what we're hearing....

The team is focused squarely on the main game right now and we have SO MANY programs at the moment - pre-order for the Mythological Heroes Pack, King Leonidas, the Beta Rewards, the Rise of the Warrior DLC rewards to be announced, and a few other things coming up...it's packed for the fans.

It's unlikely we will be able to do this, but do know, it was (and still is) heavily discussed. We recognize other franchises (Borderlands, Mass Effect) have done similar endeavors, so we understand your expectation for GoW.

We'll continue to do our best for you.

Cheers,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 65 (108 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
9471 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Just--Tank wrote:

So...you guys want something unlocked for you in Ascension based on platinum trophy status for any (or all) of our previous GoW games? Is that what we're hearing....

The team is focused squarely on the main game right now and we have SO MANY programs at the moment - pre-order for the Mythological Heroes Pack, King Leonidas, the Beta Rewards, the Rise of the Warrior DLC rewards to be announced, and a few other things coming up...it's packed for the fans.

It's unlikely we will be able to do this, but do know, it was (and still is) heavily discussed. We recognize other franchises (Borderlands, Mass Effect) have done similar endeavors, so we understand your expectation for GoW.

We'll continue to do our best for you.

Cheers,

Tank

Hell something simple would do tank :smileyhappy:  

In uncharted 2 they gave you a skeleton skin which I used for like almost ever... 

Something as simple as a tattoo would be cool.  

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 65 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Jan 13, 2013
I understand Tank! thanks for the Reply. But what goldHawk said...Just something simple that stands out would be just fine with me.

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 65 (96 Views)
0 Likes
Santa Monica Studio Community Strategist
402 posts

Jan 13, 2013

Why does everyone think our 3rd weapon class is a Spear?

For all you know, that trident in our Behind the Scenes video could be, like, some special 1-time weapon unlock.

Our 3rd weapon class could easily be any of the following - a wrecking ball, a paintball gun, a broomstick, a baseball bat, a soccer ball (awesome, in the face!), a dust sweeper, golf club, bow-n-arrow, Proton Pack, Gorgon Eyes or a slingshot.

It's a slingshot, you believe me right? Because I am the Community Strategist here at Sony Santa Monica and every word I say is supposed to be FACT.

I plead the 5th, right now.

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 65 (96 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1293 posts

Jan 13, 2013
LOL! seems lagit. Tell that Gaul guy. He;s the one with the Spear deal. he has that thread "3rd weapon class is a spear!!"...I'll take the friken Sling shot. shoot tiny fire balls at people that do %0.1 damage XD

lawl.jpg

Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 65 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9471 posts

Jan 13, 2013
hmmm, dust sweeper as the third weapon class and just--tank as our 5th god.

Launch is looking pretty exciting.
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 65 (77 Views)
0 Likes