Apr 11 2013
By: Levvy_XIII Lombax Warrior 101 posts

Please bring in host migration...

11 replies 108 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

After having come back into this from a break of it for over a week or so the host dosn't seem to like it when I'm winning its happend several time in a row now (people each time)  and I think I'm just gonna give up getting those last 3 match of the champion wins now if my effort is going to waste...

Message 1 of 12 (108 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
403 posts

Re: Please bring in host migration...

Apr 11, 2013

I've been staying away from these type of topics, but after tonight I completely agree. So many host leavers lately.

photo Posiedon2.jpg
Message 2 of 12 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I doubt host migration will be implemented. Seems like a very arguous task that should have probably been put in the game to begin with. So if they havent done it by now then Im not sure they ever will. Plus you got to look at the following the MP has. As much as I dislike the game, but CoD has a far bigger following for it's MP than this game. I think the only way host migration could be put in this game late is if by some miracle, the numbers jump a lot higher. And who thinks that's ever going to happen? :catvery-happy:

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 3 of 12 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
101 posts

Apr 11, 2013

Yeah usually I try not to let it bother me but it just got to the point of being ridiculous now :/

Message 4 of 12 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 11, 2013
I wish this was implemented, but I agree with those saying it probably won't...
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 5 of 12 (72 Views)
First Son
7 posts

Apr 11, 2013

It's crazy how, despite the age of the platform, this sort of code/logic isn't shared among the various properties.  You'd think there'd be a shared library for this sort of stuff.  All PS developers would benefit.  As the poster above stated - to start from scratch on something like host migration is a large undertaking and would require significant budget.  I spent countless hours playing multiplayer in all three Gears of War games and watched as people begged and pleaded for host migration, game leaving penalty, and bots.  Eventually they were all implemented but not for a long time and only because the MP base was large and they had the budget for it.  The larger games like Gears and Call of Duty have it because they can afford it.  Sux.

Message 6 of 12 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
307 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Ofcourse some1 has to bring cod into this forum, lol. **bleep** off
--------------------------------
Reapers of War

Message 7 of 12 (60 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 11, 2013
Well, if they won't do it, I would like our dear gypsy to inform us, so we don't post threads about this anymore.

I think this should exist, because it's a basic thing. It's really unfair with the non-host persons in the lobby to get kicked because someone left...

I agree this is probably complicated to implement, but I think it's a must.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 8 of 12 (49 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3054 posts

Apr 11, 2013

czeuch wrote:
Well, if they won't do it, I would like our dear gypsy to inform us, so we don't post threads about this anymore.

I think this should exist, because it's a basic thing. It's really unfair with the non-host persons in the lobby to get kicked because someone left...

I agree this is probably complicated to implement, but I think it's a must.

And I would. No worries there. :smileyhappy:

Message 9 of 12 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Apr 11, 2013
You never let us know gypsy, you're everywhere :smileyvery-happy:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 10 of 12 (43 Views)
0 Likes