Jan 21 2013
By: Fleshcrawl First Son 4 posts

Please do not incorporate multiplayer trophies...

11 replies 434 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I am a real God of War fan, as in I own every version of every God of War video game release to date with even 2 preordered copies of the Collector's Edition of Ascension.  I went into the beta earlier this evening with a completely open mind (which isn't normally in my character) and I should say I was completely underwhelmed with the decision to wrought this amazing franchise with a disparaged multiplayer function.  I personally believe God of War as a whole should not do multiplayer at all.  I also understand at this point in the developement cycle there is no way to not have multiplayer in the the final product.  That I have accepted.  

My point of this post is to outright plead with the developement team to not incorporate multiplayer trophies in the Ascension game set.  It would be a great disservice to your longtime standing fanbase.  I have Platinum Trophies for all God of War games on PS3.  Please examine my PSN Profile for yourselves.  Ascension will be the only God of War title I would not attempt to Platinum if multiplayer access and grinding is required. Why make a certain number of accolades obtainable by a means which a great number of your players despise?  Santa Monica, you are alienating a huge number of fans if you bring multiplayer trophies into the final product.  Do the right thing here.

Doug

Message 1 of 12 (434 Views)
Wastelander
679 posts

Re: Please do not incorporate multiplayer trophies...

Jan 21, 2013
Gotta agree I never go for multiplayer trophies/achievements, they are annoying as hell.
Message 2 of 12 (427 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
145 posts

Jan 21, 2013
On one hand it's an understandable request. On the other it lessens the value of the game. Most people are happily surprised by the beta. I haven't experienced any game-breaking lag like some have so I hope their issues are fixed for the final game, but as long as the trophies are reasonable (no "Get 20 trap kills without taking damage in a single match" or something ridiculous) I'm all for them.
Message 3 of 12 (419 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

I also am a big fan of God of War. Just chack my channel - GoW background.

I also have a platin on EVERY GoW: 1, 2, 3, GoS, CoO

I hope they WILL add a multiplayer trophies because it is a great experience and I love it. When you are in to a game the "multipayer trophies" comes naturally.
Just look at my B3 - 100% without a swet

I just hope they won't add any crazy trophy like in VANQUISH for example where the 6th challenge is almost impossible to finish unless you have some god skills. It is fustrating when you know what to do and how and you stilll die

Trophies like: Get XXX total kills, reach 10x kill streak, make a duble kill and things like that are easy to get if you play the game.

Sooner or later you will get those no swet

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 4 of 12 (415 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
49 posts

Jan 22, 2013

"If you cant take the heat, then get out of the kitchen"

I say add the most difficult trophies imaginable.... Since the creators are focusing primarily on their new multiplayer system.... MAKE THEM MULTIPLAYER TROPHIES.

Message 5 of 12 (406 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Jan 22, 2013

First of all, derek, you're a tool, and a great example of the typical **bleep** gamer mentality. Second, the majority of games, who have incorported multiplayer trophies, have ruined the trophy experience. Requiring a gamer to play online to platinum a game is ridiculous, and it turns me off from the game in general. Believe it or not, not everyone has the internet, and a lot of people have terrible internet, so this factor ruins it for them completely. I don't mind multiplayer trophies as long as they are separate, and not required to earn your platinum. Most hardcore gamers no longer care for most multiplayer games, for many reasons. One of the main reasons is because the multiplayer market has been flooded with a bunch of casual kids & tweens whose sole goal is to be the biggest jerk in the lobby. Then there's the constant hacking & cheating to deal with. I would rather play with friends and not deal with that type of crap. The multiplayer on most games isn't even worth the hassle, imo.

Now if the creators are focusing primarily on the multiplayer, like derek seems to think, then they they might as well flush this game now. If the single player is sacrificed to appease the multiplayer, most of the long time fanbase, the ones who will continue to make the devs money, will walk.

Message 6 of 12 (391 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 22, 2013

Make Two sets of Plats for the trophy **bleep**, simple...

Message 7 of 12 (386 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 22, 2013
I love the MP, but I think they ought to keep trophies to SP.

Either that, or have it possible to platinum the game without needing to play the MP. MP can still have trophies, but just none that affect that SP platinum.

It would be cool if there were two platinums, actually. This is SSM; if anyone can get away with it, they can.

But overall, I think it's a fair thing for SP-only players to ask for, and a nice thing for SSM to do for them.
Message 8 of 12 (384 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
49 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 22, 2013

Firstly, I play games with multiplayer (like Starhawk) and the trophies are not difficult to obtain.... Trophies are suppose to be bragging rights.... What bragging rights do you have if everyone has platinum? Secondly, if you dont have the internet, Trophies don't really matter to begin with because you would have nobody to show. Finally, the MULTIPLAYER beta is what we are allowed to play right and it seems like people love it.

Like I said before, "If you cant take the heat then get out of the kitchen".

Also, dont talk about the fan base because if they did 'walk'.... then the people who love multiplayers would pick it up.... I know people that don't play God of War 1-3 because they only like strong multiplayer games. I also have to say, if you dont mind Multiplayer trophies, then why are you ranting and insulting me about my opinion to have them?

Message 9 of 12 (381 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Jan 22, 2013

IMO if people are playing todays games solely for stats, achievements which almost everyone can achieve, then what's the point. The PLAGUE of todays gamers, where they care less about gameplay and experiences and revel over an icon or status obtainable by the masses...

Message 10 of 12 (377 Views)
0 Likes