Dec 21 2012
By: DarqueDragon PlayStation MVP 32 posts

Please do something with the matchmaking

9 replies 104 views Edited Dec 21, 2012

In my very first match, I was up against two high level opponents. I could tell they were high level because they had all sorts of fear, where I only had my leg armor. Needless to say, I got crushed. Not very fun.

So, after that devastating match, I backed out and tried again. Once more, my opponents had so much more gear than me, and even access to magic, giving them a huge advantage over me.

So far, I am not enjoying this Beta because of this matchmaking. In every match I played, I was the only one with no shirt or helmet, and no access to magic becuase of my low level. It is no fun to get into a match and be so outclassed and outmatched by everyone. Once in a while I could understand, but this went on for the first 2 hours I played. I kept hoping it would get better, but it only got worse, forcing me to quit playing.

Please find some way to fix this, as it is greatly harming my enjoyment of this game.

Message 1 of 10 (104 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Re: Please do something with the matchmaking

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

I started out  the same way a few days ago. Parrying attacks is the way to go. Also, stick to Team Favor of the Gods to rack up points for ranking up. And look for white glowing chests. They have Gifts of the Gods which are armor pieces and weapons. I got  full sets of Skorpean and Cyclopean armor. (spellings?) They are the same chests that have red orbs but occasionally they'll spawn white. Also set traps, set traps, set traps... and ptfo.

Message 2 of 10 (100 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
49846 posts

Dec 21, 2012

DarqueDragon wrote:

In my very first match, I was up against two high level opponents. I could tell they were high level because they had all sorts of fear, where I only had my leg armor. Needless to say, I got crushed. Not very fun.

So, after that devastating match, I backed out and tried again. Once more, my opponents had so much more gear than me, and even access to magic, giving them a huge advantage over me.

So far, I am not enjoying this Beta because of this matchmaking. In every match I played, I was the only one with no shirt or helmet, and no access to magic becuase of my low level. It is no fun to get into a match and be so outclassed and outmatched by everyone. Once in a while I could understand, but this went on for the first 2 hours I played. I kept hoping it would get better, but it only got worse, forcing me to quit playing.

Please find some way to fix this, as it is greatly harming my enjoyment of this game.

DarqueDragon wrote:

The matchmaking issues are more a function of a small beta testing player base then the actual matchmaking system.  

What I"m saying is the number of us testing is small so a lot of times, just to make a match start, it will put you in with people at a vastly different level then yourself.

Message 3 of 10 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
210 posts

Dec 21, 2012
Im sorry BRO...thats exactly how I felt at FIRST...but you have to fight through it...its only a the beta...keep playing & you will soon end up wining a few games here an there...im about to go lvl 30 with Ares..
Message 4 of 10 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 21, 2012

It was the same for me at first but after leveling Zeus to 30, then switching to Ares and starting at a level 1 again.. I was crushing much more armored opponents easily some of the time with no chest armor and no helm + a level 1 gladiator sword.  

FYI though-- you have access to magic from the very beginning.  You just have to pick it up, as you will have no relics that regen it in the beginning... or ever if you are Beta Ares.  Zeus has 1 relic that regens magic. 

Message 5 of 10 (79 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 21, 2012

First, I understand that this is a beta, but I have no had a single match against players even close to my level.
Also, I have no idea how to set traps. Parrying doesn't seem to work half the time, as everyone is using their super attacks, which can't be parried apparently.
And, I did fill the blue bar and press R2, but nothing happened, which is why I thought I had no magic at the beginning.
As for the matchmaking being because of the small player base, I thought that was why they tell us to play during a snall, 4 hour period. Shouldn't this help to get more even matches?
And, of all my matches, I have yet to see a white chest. Also, whenever I go for a red one, I get pummeled. Since I am defenseless and can't cancel opening the chest, I usually get killed in three hits while opening the chest, because of the higher level opponents.
Lastly, I have no idea what "Stick the Team Favor of the Gods" even means.

On a smaller note, I am just glad to finally be able to get into the forums (both beta and main forums) after almost 2 years of not be able to and getting no help to fix it.

Message 6 of 10 (71 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9803 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I myself have been killed by people without armor, and have seen people without armor do well... you just have to stay afloat until you get good enough armor.

Though remember that this is a beta and the matchmaking formula can't possibly be perfect. The player pool is bound to be very low, making it harder to match people based on level or gear.

When it goes public or even at launch I expect it to be much more even.
Message 7 of 10 (68 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
32 posts

Dec 21, 2012
I am aware it is a beta, but it is still something I felt I should bring up, just in case.
I have played games with matchmaking like this that were retail releases, so I am hoping this is not one of those.
Message 8 of 10 (67 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9803 posts

Dec 21, 2012
well truth be told, almost every MP IS like this and it's hard to base it off of levels otherwise there would be at least one game with balanced MP.

That and if you go on levels instead of connection you run into really ugly matches.
Message 9 of 10 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Dec 21, 2012
This is far from release and I'm sure a matchmaking system of some sort will be implemented. In the meantime all I can tell you is breathe, try not to get frusterated, and give yourself time to get used to the pacing.
Message 10 of 10 (58 Views)
0 Likes