Mar 24 2013
By: CounterSnipe66 Lombax Warrior 85 posts

Point system for support players/actions please

3 replies 2908 views Edited Mar 24, 2013

I would like to ask the Devs if they could work out a point system for players who attend to others needs in gameplay. Posiedon has great support, healing, buffing, ect. and dont mind the others such as Ares lance buffs attack damage while Zeus's lance buffs elemental damage. Weapons in the game provide excellent support feats especially the blade of Athena's Healing abillity. Players in-game who provide these feats should be rewarded with points. Now dont get me wrong people could exploit the points by spamming it for others while not playing the game but should be minorly rewarded for players helping other players by other than combat. Another point I would like to discuss would be recovering downed allies before they get brutally killed. First off, there should be a indicator which I read in a previous thread, maybe a green haloe would suffice? but on the other hand should be rewarded for saving the teammate. The scoreboard should also provide how many assists and captures you accomplished in-game. I know people would find a way to exploit some of these suggestions/ideas but for the right player I think it would be fullfilling and encourage others to help eachother other than running around with seperate agendas.

Message 1 of 4 (2,908 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
461 posts

Re: Point system for support players/actions please

Mar 24, 2013

You know wat would be nice as well?

Points for the "Capture Assist" if you in a certain area where someone is taking the objective like in TFotG. Not much like 25 or so that would be nice.

Points for team actions are encouraging people to play as a team not "lone wolf"

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 2 of 4 (2,474 Views)
Lombax Warrior
85 posts

Mar 24, 2013

Carrioner wrote:

You know wat would be nice as well?

Points for the "Capture Assist" if you in a certain area where someone is taking the objective like in TFotG. Not much like 25 or so that would be nice.

Points for team actions are encouraging people to play as a team not "lone wolf"

Agree as well thanks for the input Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 4 (2,272 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
66 posts

Mar 24, 2013

i wanted to make a similar thread after i noticed that i dont get as many points with my Poseidon dude anymore who i focused on healing and team support.  but then i realized that it doesnt make sense. the points your earn are not just points like in other games. they re favour points which help your team to reach 8000 favour points and win the match.

so, if you d get points just for healing someone that could be easily abused. however, what they could do is: if you heal a teammate and then he kills an enemy or capture a point he would not get the whole points for this action but share some of them with you. it would work like an assist kill even though you didnt attacked the enemy. 

Message 4 of 4 (63 Views)
0 Likes