Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 11 2013
By: DelSol-97- Wastelander 785 posts

Poseidon- Cloak of Boreas

4 replies 226 views Edited Apr 11, 2013

"Creat a powerful ice shield that regenerates magic, but will burst on a single attack."

Now, although I do enjoy Poseidons class this item can be frustrating to deal with. The cooldown is very short, plus you gain magic while its active. My concern is "burst on a single attack" that is a wonderful lie, it does not burst, you can hit it with everything and takes a number of hits to burst. Plus when it does it leaves you stunned for a few seconds.

Why does that darn bubble not burst!!

Message 1 of 5 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: Poseidon- Cloak of Boreas

Apr 11, 2013

DelSol-97- wrote:

"Creat a powerful ice shield that regenerates magic, but will burst on a single attack."

Now, although I do enjoy Poseidons class this item can be frustrating to deal with. The cooldown is very short, plus you gain magic while its active. My concern is "burst on a single attack" that is a wonderful lie, it does not burst, you can hit it with everything and takes a number of hits to burst. Plus when it does it leaves you stunned for a few seconds.

Ares bubble exhibits the same issues...

Message 2 of 5 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Apr 11, 2013

FieryCaptain wrote:

DelSol-97- wrote:

Ares bubble exhibits the same issues...

His is not suppose to burst with one attack. Plus his cooldown is 80 seconds.

Message 3 of 5 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I've never had a problem bursting someone's bubble (haha!) or anyone bursting mine. One hit, it bursts. The problem for me comes when it DOES burst, it stuns he who bursts it. Quite an effective tool for such a short cooldown.

THen again, Poseidon IS the tank class. So I suppose in that sense it MAKES sense.

Now for my musing that shall garner the ire of Greece: This class, if any, might be OP. CLoak of Boreas is a big reason why I say this. He can interrupt combos so quickly, give himself magic in doing so, carry a high defense and health quotient with a nicely damaging hammer...All I know is, when lag is present, I switch to Poseidon to even the odds. When that happens, I can take on 2 or 3 enemies and emerge victorious despite having few hits that land on them while all of their hits can hit me from further away and more immediately than they should. His ability to stay alive can be uncanny...and I've noticed more and more high KDRs start with a Poseidon loadout. I don't just mean low death counts. I mean high kill counts. The exception, of course, is Ares in a ringout map :smileyvery-happy: Just throwing it out there! Maybe I just suck :smileysad:

Message 4 of 5 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
849 posts

Apr 11, 2013

I'm pretty sure the Cloak of Boreas doesn't explode unless you have got it to level 3.

Erebus..jpg
Message 5 of 5 (181 Views)
0 Likes