Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Sackboy
396 posts

Re: Poseidon Obliteration Magic: BLOCKED and DODGED!

Apr 25, 2013

Here are a few photos stating that the next level of Ares' and Poseidons Ultimate magics should reduce mana cost at level 3. Hades and Zeus are level 40 and their magics also stated "Next Rank reduced mana cost" well neither of them reduce anything.

IncinerationRank2.jpgObliterationRank2.jpg

Message 31 of 39 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 25, 2013

On the subject again of Obliteration after more playing around with this terrible magic, in some cases when you do manage to freeze someone I've seen them break out of it in one second, even if they take no damage....

So lets pile everything up;

• Can be interrupted before cast is successful
  • Can be blocked
  • Can be dodged
  • Radius is tiny compared to Zeus's and Hade's Ultimates
  • Frozen duration if all the above fail to occur you may be redeemed with only a 1 second window of freeze time.

UTTERLY USELESS.....

Message 32 of 39 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Apr 25, 2013

Even though I switched to Ares as my main, I may go back to Hades or Zeus, the only time I hit people with Incineration is cause I caught them off-guard or they block but the 2nd explosion hits them, I like using new things, I don't want to use the lower magics anymore but with my E Power build Ares, Ares Inferno would be OP but......

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Message 33 of 39 (136 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 30, 2013

@Alghazanth  What region are you playing from?

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 34 of 39 (94 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Europe.
Message 35 of 39 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Alghazanth wrote:
Europe.

I see. Ok I think I know what the issue is. People in the US don't see this issue because the text was changed for them. As for Europe, Im thinking they ran out of time to change the text and it will most likely be fixed in the next patch. It sucks but since this game is made in the US then I think more focus was put into that.

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 36 of 39 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 30, 2013
I like obliteration-- it is kinda inconsistent how long some people stay frozen etc.. Could this be due to elemental resist? Looks more buggy to me.. I have however frozen the entire opposing team with it for like 5 seconds-- it doesn't suck lol-- def needs some tuning but what exactly doesnt in this game? The radius could be alittle bigger on it too...at level 3
Message 37 of 39 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 30, 2013
Makes me wonder about every other description in the game that is still incorrect. Like Spear Of Poseidon L1+Square and Maul of Hades L1+Square both being chargeable.

But how can they change something for the US users but not EU? Is the patch different for US / EU users? It is the same game after all and i would assume the language is the same.

It is really stupid to even think about these things, should be self-explanatory and obvious or better yet, not exist in the first place! Oh how much grief simple description errors can cause.

And, the point of the thread still stands SSM. Obliteration is absolutely useless, it doesn't hit half the time and doesn't freeze and the freeze doesn't last more than 1 second etc.
Also, other ultimates have a problem hitting sometimes, did a Incinerate with Ares against a player standing completely still (He was AFK and not moving) and the first explosion MISSED, how can it miss i was literally in front of him and the explosion enveloped him?! I sometimes question the whole integrity of the game code, seems to me it does what it pleases most of the time.
Message 38 of 39 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 30, 2013
@Crackle2012 Yeah, Obliteration ain't so bad when it works, but thats the whole problem, it doesn't most of the time. Only "reliable" time to use it is when the enemy player is launched (Try Lance of Poseidon L1+Triangle then cast it).
Message 39 of 39 (61 Views)
0 Likes