Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 22 2013
By: pipking01 Splicer 56 posts

Practice lobby...

4 replies 117 views Edited Jan 22, 2013

You know how, in Smash Bros. Brawl, waiting for a match, you get to beat up on a punching bag?

The lobby could use something like that. Just a simple arena -- or not even, just a white space to be -- and a passive/stupid enemy to practice combos on/beat up for fun.

The load-out screen could be the same -- you'd only get to the lobby if you've locked in as ready to play. (Also, I'd like some way to lock in readiness.)

Turning my dude around and around and around is cool and all, but kind of dull, especially with the length of matchmaking. I hope what's going on now is indicitive of some kinks that need ironing out, and not a lack of participants. When I first hopped on the beta matches came together pretty quick, but now I find myself waiting a lot. Time to think, hence this suggestion.

Message 1 of 5 (117 Views)
Splicer
49 posts

Re: Practice lobby...

Jan 22, 2013

I don't like to leave people hanging with no replies so im hitting you back....  Super smash doesn't have equipment to edit and spells to change. I would assume that they will just make matches fill quicker and let you edit your character while you wait.

Message 2 of 5 (105 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jan 22, 2013
Cheers for the reply.

True, about the equipment thing. But if we had some way to lock in, it could work.

Not that it's necessary or anything. Just kind of cool.
Message 3 of 5 (94 Views)
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 22, 2013

I imagin when the game goes live there will be a much shorter wait time considering there will probably be a lot more players.

Message 4 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jan 22, 2013
They might tweak the practice mode anyway for game release.
Message 5 of 5 (73 Views)
0 Likes