Highlighted
Mar 03 2013
By: SteampunkRuin Lombax Warrior 244 posts

Press release event videos.

12 replies 351 views Edited Mar 3, 2013

Hi all, one of the youtubers that I watch had a chance to go to a press review for GOW:A and also got to do an interview with Jason McDonald the lead combat designer, and there is some ver cool information from the dev's mouths in the vids. Now it was done in portugal as the the youtuber I watch is pourtugeses ( it's Rurikhan if anyone knows who that is) but all the questions and all the answers and the speech by the devs is in english.

Here are the links to the vids:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MvjChIiKAI (press event)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCxR0L4M44Q (interview)

Hope it helps some people.

Message 1 of 13 (351 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Press release event videos.

Mar 3, 2013

Thanks for posting. 

The interview convinces me that clan battles won't be supported on release. I hope clans are, just in general.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 13 (338 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 3, 2013

I told you this before, clans in this game was likely not going to happen as it's not a squad based game. Even in the beta the developers wanted people to play with different players all the time to keep things fresh.

I understand the team aspect, but clans are likely to really create a problem in the game if you have a team full of exploiters ruining the game for newcomers, That is going to happen in the game regardless, but the setup they have currently is to diversify the playing field.

It's not to say some clan based gameplay won't happen and hopefully we can find a way to pair up with friends which is essentially a clan in itself. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 13 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Mar 3, 2013
Hmmm 2nd video confirmed 8 maps on rease - 4 team based and 4 FFA.
Message 4 of 13 (297 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
35 posts

Mar 4, 2013

Very well done my dude. You asked the right questions and knew what you were doing. 

Message 5 of 13 (284 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Mar 4, 2013

I don't like the Rage meter being a gameplay element that you need to keep full at all times to allow Kratos to attack efficiently.

Message 6 of 13 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Mar 4, 2013
@silver why not dude? I find it better than the other gow games so u don't have to constantly build it (which takes awhile) and then pressing L3 + r3 just to activate it like In gow 3 to get the blade of Olympus. It's better this way now
Message 7 of 13 (240 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
787 posts

Mar 4, 2013

8 maps, more than I was expecting. I love Desert of Lost Souls and hope the other maps have the same feel. 

Message 8 of 13 (225 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

[ Edited ]
Mar 4, 2013

Tank_610 wrote:
@silver why not dude? I find it better than the other gow games so u don't have to constantly build it (which takes awhile) and then pressing L3 + r3 just to activate it like In gow 3 to get the blade of Olympus. It's better this way now

I typed something here before but I just remembered that the meter doesn't go down from wherever it was after max completely, it just has a point where it needs to build back up. It may be better when the weapons are upgraded and the meter allows for different weapon impact if that is the case.

It just feels weird that this is supposed to be the first game in the series when gameplay we've been used to is seemingly tossed out the window in favor of weaker abilities and changes to the gameplay. I hate the parry system and it's nowhere near as good as the Golden Fleece. I also miss having the wings instead of this bland double jump.

As for the confirmed maps, it was stated that there will be 4 big maps and 4 small maps as of now. We don't know if that is team based or solo player for sure based on size.

I really hope hit detection is vastly improved because some GoW vets have done extensive testing on the beta/demo side of things and there were problems. I know jumping is not precise, and it bugged me when I would try to jump into the portal during the beta.

Message 9 of 13 (211 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
244 posts

Mar 5, 2013
Bump for anyone that hasn't seen yet.
Message 10 of 13 (124 Views)
0 Likes