Fender Bender
4062 posts

Re: Prestige Mode and Tattoos!!!

Jan 25, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

A WKC player huh?  Actually you start back at level  60 i think and you are at the max amount of skill points at 4 rebirths. You don't get anything extra Skill Points wise after 4 you just are able to reallocate them. 

This type of system  would apeal to those that want the switching of alliances with gods to have a draw back. I like the idea of legacy /prestige but really only if you get something for it. In another thread I suggested a permenat stat bonus to your champion. You don't lose what you have alraedy unlocked you just start back at level one with level 1 stats plus your stat bonus.

This makes sense. There's so many good ways to go about it, I like most of them. Hopefully they surprise us with something nice...

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 11 of 16 (165 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Was it really 60? Because I am pretty sure the temporary level cap was 65 before you completed a certain SP quest to increase it, so I thought the rebirth brought you back to 65, rather than 60.

I did not know that the 4th rebirth was the lowest for maximizing one's character, for I have seen people in 5th rebirth with skill trees still at 60%.

Also, I read your comment(and Kudo'd it) about the permanent stat gain.
-I think that is would be a suitable reward if you have to restart at level one. With each reset giving you either:
A) A few points to each/most stats
B) A set number of stat points which you can choose which stat you want to add them to.

photo SD-okia_zps062ba295.jpg
Message 12 of 16 (153 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Yeah , if you want to switch classes you need to rebirth . That is why you see people with 30 rebirths , because they like to switch classes. Many don't max out their final classes in that game to get the passive stats bonuses from the other classes.

This would give the penalty some are looking for , for switching God allegiance.

Go ahead and switch but you'll need to go back down say 10 levels. Although in the beta you just leveled them up separately.  Once they were both at 30 then switching didn't have any drawback.

I hope they give a good turtorial for battle and game mechanics in the final release. Let you play around a little with an intelegent AI and then you can test out the God and their relics that way.

Remember once you picked your God in Olympus it said you could still choose while you were in Olympus?

Maybe they have every intention of making that the case in the final but gave us and easy switch for testing purposes.

Message 13 of 16 (141 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 25, 2013

I've said it before, I'll say it again...I like the way Uncharted 3 did their Legacy/Prestige. Once you nax out, you can choose to start over from level 1 and begin unlocking those level specific unlocks all over. You do unlock new perks, but they DON'T make you stronger and all unlocks require more "unlock points" (in UC3, that is money) than originally needed. This works quite well for Ascensions mechanics in that the combat has a bit of depth to it and those who have played enough to earn a Prestige level will likely be good at enough at the game to need a disadvantage anyhow. This way, you can choose to NOT prestige and forego those minor bonuses and the self challenge.

A properly done Prestige system can only serve to keep interest active...hundreds of hours poured into a game only to reach a certain ceiling seems cheap to me. Gimme something to work for...an OPTION at least!

To those who don't like prestige...I've seen it fail miserably and seen it succeed. If there is no prestige, I like Killzone 3's system somewhat. It sure is difficult to reach 75 there! But once you do, then what? The "level badges" in that game seem diverse enough with no prestige. Spread those same exp. requirements across a single max level system? THat works too. But I like being tricked into unlocking stuff with a built-in challenge increase. Personal preference. With the understood risk of Goldhawk targetting me too! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14 of 16 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 25, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

Yeah , if you want to switch classes you need to rebirth . That is why you see people with 30 rebirths , because they like to switch classes. Many don't max out their final classes in that game to get the passive stats bonuses from the other classes.

This would give the penalty some are looking for , for switching God allegiance.

Go ahead and switch but you'll need to go back down say 10 levels. Although in the beta you just leveled them up separately.  Once they were both at 30 then switching didn't have any drawback.

I hope they give a good turtorial for battle and game mechanics in the final release. Let you play around a little with an intelegent AI and then you can test out the God and their relics that way.

Remember once you picked your God in Olympus it said you could still choose while you were in Olympus?

Maybe they have every intention of making that the case in the final but gave us and easy switch for testing purposes.

Neeeeeeeeeeeed penalties. Deffinitely.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 15 of 16 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 25, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:
NO PRESTIGE. None. If there is prestige Aaron....if there is prestige I'm going to find you man...I'm going to find you...

*stripesmarine quickly finds a closet to hide in, so that he doesn't get spotted by Mr Goldhawk1, stripesmarine has never felt this terrified in his life*

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 16 of 16 (112 Views)
0 Likes