Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: RAGE QUITTING! It has to stop!

Jun 27, 2013
There's one thing that can make people rage quit. Sometimes mysefl and sometimes others.

I am not so rarely struck by the invicible glitch. Sometimes I try to play this way, but when people realize I don't take damage, they might leave.

Sometimes it's a match of champions and it would be 10 wasted minutes as I can do little while affected by this glitch, so I can quit aswell.

So fixing the invincible glitch is important, I would say.

Other than this RQ is annoying. I know we earn XP, but it's only a few.
There are many situations in which you're doing a good or great game but then people leave and you get nothing beside ridiculous amount of XP -_-
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 141 of 264 (854 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Even when you are stuck by the invincible glitch you can still collect chests!
And this problem is an abnormality and happens to little to be considered a legitimize reason to quit!
Message 142 of 264 (814 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Jun 27, 2013
Well, it happened 4 or 5 times only this week, and I play only a little bit per day (1, 2 hours). It's true, I can collect chest, but it's quite boring, don't you agree? GOWA is a game in which you need to kill people, but unless you're using Zeus, you won't kill many ppl.

And if you're using Zeus, ppl will RQ because you can kill them and they can't hurt you Smiley Tongue
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 143 of 264 (791 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
527 posts

Jun 28, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:

I don't care if you have to eat, go to the toilet, join a friends game or whatever...
Or if you are 1 vs 4 Demi-God ranked players!
You stay until the end, and take it like a man!

People even now try to justify there RQ by saying that others on there team quit, and that's why they them self RQ!
This is so stupidly ridiculous that there is no words to describe it!
Imagen if everyone thought like this?
That would mean that as soon as the first person RQ'ed, then the whole team would always leave as well!
It would become a game of who could make the first person RQ win!

If you have to go somewhere, do it!
Just put down your controller and walk away.
Don't ruin it for everyone else because you couldn't predict that you would have to leave in 1 min into the game!
Thats just a retarded and lame excuse!
And if your friend sends you an invite, tell him to wait 5min!
Its as simple as that!

Grow up!
Stop blaming others for your shortcomings!

And if people wondering why i get so worked up by this,
Its because most of this game problems stems from RQ!

1. People RQ'ing so that people get left alone VS a whole team!

2. People RQ'ing so that people either have to quit them self, or run around doing objectives
or just waiting for the timer to run out in 2v2/4v4 when everyone in the other team RQ!

3. People not getting the full ammount of  XP at the end because the host decided to RQ.

People should acknowledge this as THE most pressing issue in this game as of right now and stop complaining about other stuff!
This issue has been around sense the launch of the game, and we have yet even to hear a suggestion on a solution on this by the devs!
And that pisses me off even more. I even wrote to gypsy about this, where she promised to talk to the devs about it!
And no, i haven't heard anything about it since then! and that was over three weeks ago!

Show your support by keeping this thread BUMPED and make the devs acknowledge this issue!

The proposed solution:

Before anything else.
I would like to bring up a couple of things!

1. This is not in any way me trying de-legitimize the issue of the current improper match making system!

2. Unlike the match making problems, this issue has never before been acknowledged by Gypsy or the Devs!

3. We constantly read/hear about devs working on improvements on the matchmaking issues,
     and in this thread I will be assuming that at in one point in the near future the match making issue will be fixed!

4. When writing this I see the penalization of  Rage Quitting and a excellent working match making system working hand-in-hand.
     Not an issue of that only one of these two issue can be fixed!

In case of a REAL emergency I feel confident in that the player would just drop the controller and leave.
Not sit through and manually enter the menu and selecting QUIT, and then click X again to agree!

As it have been said before:
if not removing the quit option!
Then implement a penalty for using it!
An hour penalty of not being able to play online, for quitting while in an game is a good option imo!

People should not have the easy conveniences of destroying other peoples time playing,
which they them self payed good money to play!

If you don't have 10 min to spare, then don't enter a game!
Its as simple as that!

If an event unfold that requires your immediate attention!
Then you could care less about not being able to play for 1 hour!

This is a Win/Win Situation imo.
And is a reasonable option to contain the majority of Rage Quitters!

If people seriously have a problem with this solution other then them self being effected by this becouse of Rage Quitting!
I would like to hear a reasonable explanation as to why this would not be a good way of limiting the problem at hand!

Arguments and counter arguments for the 1 hour penalizing for Rage Quitting!

Q: What if an emergency occurs?
A: Then Quit! An emergency requires almost always more then 1 hour!
      So it shouldn't effect your gaming time  in any negative way!

Q: What if i get an phone call?
A: Ah. well, here there are a couple of solutions for you!
     1. Ask them to call back in a couple of minutes!
     2. Tell them you will call them back in a couple of minutes!
     3. Put them on speakers and talk to them while playing
     4. Use a headset to talk with them while playing!

Q: What if I run in to someone that lags terribly?
A: Stick it out. your are lagging just as much to him!

Q: I almost always play with people that are lagging.
A: Then its most likely you that is the one causing the lag.
      Fix your connection, and stop using it as an excuse to Rage Quit!

Q: My friend just invited me to a game!
A: Tell him you will be there in 1-10 minutes!

Q: My team is fighting a whole other team with all Demi-God ascended players and we are losing!
A: You expect to always win? Get down from your high horse you cry baby!

Q: All my team mates left, and now Im alone against 4 other players!
A: Sucks to be you! But remember that the other 3 team mates that left you will be punished for it!

Q: My dinner is ready and i have to quit!
A: Why didn't you think of this before starting a new match?
      You don't need to be a superhero to see this far in to the future!

Q: Me/my team are losing!
A: Get better at the game/Get better team mates!

No offense, I've never met or played against you.

But you come across like a Nazi, telling us, dictating what we should do. Ordering us infact, when you have no God-given right to do so at all. I understand you have frustrations but you have to think from both sides here.

People ragequit because of lag, emergencies, have to go out/bed, etc or because of frustration-anger issues. I do have 'issues', I admit, I should never get a mic because I shout and swear. Sometimes when people are getting beat, sometimed unfairly (ganged up) they ragequit because if they don't, things would get worse.

It's so easy for you to say everything you typed because you're really good at the game and you often have pre-made teams consisting of other players like you, who are amazing and have a lot of skill, which I won't deny you have. 

The point is, some people can't handle / don't want to play against a team which are amazing. It can be good for educational and learning purposes but if people aren't enjoying the game, why should they stay.

That's the whole point.  

People play this game for fun, NOT to have their **bleep**ses handed them every time they go up against the team. They want to have the chance that they can beat the other team, otherwise there's no fun and it becomes something you dread.

Message 144 of 264 (661 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

I don't play with a team, I have no friends who own GoW and I don't consider myself particularly special at this game, yet not once have I quit a match. There are many reasons behind my motivation but the most prominent is that I simply don't want to ruin it for everyone else, whether that be my team-mates or my opposition. Most of those reasons you just listed Xavier are foreseeable situations or aspects of a poor character, exactly what I deem utterly ridiculous and drive so many people mad. 

Every time you leave a game you spoil it for everyone else. You jump in a game and it doesn't fit one of your requirements, "oh it's too hot!", "oh it's too cold!", "oh my nose itches I need to scratch it! Ah well to hell with everyone else I'll waste all their time by leaving!". Infuriating. What you are encouraging is a format by which everyone follows your same concept of, "leave when things aren't going my way". That would be an exciting game wouldn't it? Endless matches of one fight wonders. The first showdown doesn't go your way, "oh well this team is too good, better bail and go to another match" selfishly hopping from one match to another, messing up my gaming experience.

While yes games are here for fun, you are not playing on your own, it is a multiplayer arena. Whatever happened to people feeling any necessity to better a society or a community? Do you think it is acceptable to just do whatever you feel like with no regard for the greater effect, only how it impacts you? It seems that is the growing case with gaming these days and how sad it is. As long as SSM doesn't have any systems in place that give you free reign to act as you please without impacting on other people's ability to play, then individuals have a responsibility to behave in a manner that is in the game's best interest. Rage quitting is the absolute opposite.

This post isn't aimed specifically at you Xavier, but you have epitomised the problem with that line of thinking displayed in your post.

"People play this game for fun, NOT to have their **bleep**ses handed them every time they go up against the team."

That sentence says it all. Xavier, those people handing out kickings ARE people playing for fun. That is a competitive multiplayer environment you have to accept defeat sometimes it is just the nature of the beast. If somebody can't handle losing then they shouldn't be playing an intimately combative game like this it really is as blunt as that. Your having fun requires people dying on your behalf, how are you to find enjoyment if they keep bailing?

You cannot have it both ways. 

Message 145 of 264 (582 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jun 28, 2013
That's to much to read...and you lost me at the part where you continue playing for the satisfaction of the opposite team...give me a break.

Message 146 of 264 (515 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 28, 2013
You're a goof dude really.

How many things have the devs addressed but are still happening? Same problem for the matchmaking. I saw my cousin get matched up with a level 1 and he is demigod rank 31. Plus people can pull out their cords instead of hit quit. No one knows ill be waiting 1 hour then, not even 5 min. Yeah I can tell you really thought this through.
Message 147 of 264 (476 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jun 28, 2013

TheMUSEdOne wrote:
That's to much to read...and you lost me at the part where you continue playing for the satisfaction of the opposite team...give me a break.

If you can't be bothered to read it fair enough, but don't bother replying to it then.

Message 148 of 264 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
801 posts

Jun 28, 2013
I started to read it but figured it was bs. Playing to satisfy the other team? Lol really? I call bs on that.

That's why I stopped reading. Playing Rambo never won me a game...guess you didn't win either right?
Message 149 of 264 (354 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
29 posts

Jun 28, 2013
Waiting 15 minutes to find a game? Yeah RQ is obviously the most important problem?
Message 150 of 264 (500 Views)
0 Likes