Wastelander
681 posts

Re: RAGE QUITTING! It has to stop!

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

Crimson_SWE wrote:
If the game is good. people will always be drawn to it.
If the game doesn't deliver any sort of justice tword those who earnestly trying to get better at the game,
then they will leave it, thinking nothing more of it then just another casual game to be left on the shelf's!
Casual players come and goes. its the fans that stay and should be catered to!
As it is they who shows the new players what they can achieve with dedication and practice!
No matter how much DLC they put in to the game, it will eventually die if there is no real progression curve to the game!

Look at Street Fighter III: Third Strike. and Street Fighter 2!
They were released over 12 years ago,
but they still have a strong community.

Its because its of there perfect curve of letting the good players get better
As long as they are dedicated and willing to practice.
If you do right, you are reworded, if you do wrong, you are punished.
This is the basic of human nature. we like knowing that if we do good, we will be reworded for it.

Unlike how it is now in GOW MP,
If you do good, you are reworded with people rage quitting.
And then left with a fraction of the XP you should of have earned!
And a bad taste for the game!

If people cant handle losing, they should never play any sort of MP game!

And to thous thinking you should forfeit a game or play bad if you face a new player!
F U!
Its like treating a person without legs like hes also mentally handicapped
You show them the most respect when you play them as equals!
This was something i learn when playing TEKKEN. and this is something im sticking with!
Because there is nothing more infuriating then seeing someone playing you half-assed!

well said! but each and every issue in this post is your very own opinion. Only. i will take it that you say for yourself. i'm sure many feel the same as you do, though.

people don't buy games with their own money to be lectured by you. you can't go to your neighbor and tell them do this, do that, don't do this, don't do that!

you are very dedicated to the game, I take it. I guess you will stick around despite all this venting. As long as humans are involved in this game, u will still get angry. I heard from some medical reports that stress or anger is actually good in a sense. Smiley LOL

Good for u

Message 171 of 264 (365 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Jun 28, 2013
ofc. im not telling people what to do, and dont.
Im just trying to implement a system that is more fair to thous that are actually trying to get out the most of this game!

A fair system, is always the best.
or do you disagree with this basic concept?
Message 172 of 264 (358 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 28, 2013

hmmm, a "fair" system here is hard to imagine as there's 4 gods and one hell of ascension levels.
i guess they are came down to match making. But still, so-called pros on this forum claim so loud that levels and gears play minimum impact on the performance. that skills are what important. So how can the system define how skillful you are now? KDR? or maybe they should add a combo meter! that might settle this thread. then welcome even longer match making procedure.
The game is charged for both single player and MP. u can't buy them separately. People wants to have fun. when they have enough they quit. Easy come, easy go. if they don't want to stick around letting u have fun by "educate" them then it's their choice. bad for u! but u can rectify that by playing with your friends only.
Still, i don't mind a harmless penalty like XP deduction like death penalty like Diablo or Titan Quest. As long as it doesn't undo all the hard work all the way to level 1. banning from playing for definite amount of time violates customer rights, u need to get them sign on an agreement before even buying a game. Or simpler, sell each separately! Horrible option for a service. i doubt anyone bother that. SSM wants customers to play the game, not preventing them from doing it or discourage them. what can a business be with so few customers? GOW is not world premium brand, mate! It doesn't live on a niched market. A bit too niched, I guess. It costs a lot to make a qualified game like this (overall, both modes); and each copy doesn't and can't charge premium. 59 USD, right? Higher than that there'll be trouble.

Message 173 of 264 (352 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
681 posts

Jun 28, 2013
pardon me if all this stuffs are bit hard to digest! we are here to have fun and whine after all. Who care about SSM?! Smiley Happy Just kidding, dear Moderators Smiley Happy
Message 174 of 264 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
289 posts

Jun 28, 2013

I despise rage quitters but I still think the best solution is to be proactive. Add a 'Quick Join In-Progress Games'  separate from the current 'Quick Join'. This version only connects the player to games in progress that are outside a 1000/500 point limit or the last minute of a match, with  players joining via this route gaining a small XP bonus (0.5% let us say).

That lets people who fancy balancing games and are unconcerned about win/loss ratios have a mild incentive for joining matches and will help counter balance the effect of rage quitters. Seeing as a surprising amount of people don't actually believe there is anything wrong with dropping out of games, I doubt anything will drive them away from their disdainful habit. 

Message 175 of 264 (320 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Jun 29, 2013

AccipiterNisus wrote:

I despise rage quitters but I still think the best solution is to be proactive. Add a 'Quick Join In-Progress Games'  separate from the current 'Quick Join'. This version only connects the player to games in progress that are outside a 1000/500 point limit or the last minute of a match, with  players joining via this route gaining a small XP bonus (0.5% let us say).

That lets people who fancy balancing games and are unconcerned about win/loss ratios have a mild incentive for joining matches and will help counter balance the effect of rage quitters. Seeing as a surprising amount of people don't actually believe there is anything wrong with dropping out of games, I doubt anything will drive them away from their disdainful habit. 

Message 176 of 264 (282 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 30, 2013
yesterday was one of those days it took me an average of ~8 minutes to find a game,
And 60% of the games i ended with the host rage quitting!
And in 90% of the games at least one random player rage quitted!

I hope the upcoming patch have something for this!
Message 177 of 264 (245 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Jun 30, 2013
its still a problem!
Message 178 of 264 (226 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
271 posts

Jun 30, 2013
I haven't played a game in a week that has not had at least one quitter. Its getting old constantly getting crushed by 3 people at once.
Message 179 of 264 (220 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Jun 30, 2013
oh wow, dis is ridiculously apparent in 2v2!
Message 180 of 264 (198 Views)
0 Likes