Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Last Guardian
11741 posts

Re: RQ...RQ everywhere...

May 11, 2013

^i proposed my idea. They need to make a 10-30 min ban on people that leave mid-game. If they do that, people wont just leave (unless they like watching a countdown drop for 30mins).

Now what about the people that have legit reasons you might say.......well tbh, if you have legit reasons, wont they take at least 10 mins to resolve anyway O_o i think this is a perfect way to discourage rage quits.....but the time penalty needs negotiation

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 11 of 26 (175 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

May 11, 2013

I like that one right there, is just like LOL system, if you quit, even in the lobby you have a 5 min waiting (and 15 if you do it again, and that's on unranked matches, Ranked matches are 30 min)...

And if you quit in the middle of a match, and want to get into another room, you can't, the game makes you rejoin to the match you were playing.

But back to the important, i like the time penalty.

Message 12 of 26 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 11, 2013

when someone quits what ever favor they have they should lose twice that on their level up going backwards might make them think twice about leaving but some people have poor connection so not sure how they could balance it out

Message 13 of 26 (167 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 11, 2013

whats the sence quitting to be a great player you take some **bleep** whippings along the way ive had my share but i got 3 out of 4 guys to 40 and ive had a couple of matches getting close to 20 kills WINNERS NEVER QUIT DID KRATOS QUIT!!!!!!!????

Message 14 of 26 (163 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11741 posts

May 11, 2013

^true story.....quitters r annoying >.<

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 15 of 26 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

May 11, 2013
Can you really hate on people who quit though? Sure they ruin your fun matches, but this game is so god awful in its current state. Lag, bugs and just about everything else that can go wrong does.

The other day I was brutal killing someone...and at the end of the brutal kill they turned around and started smacking me with their hammer. That's **bleep** insane! Ever since I started playing the only fair matches are the ones where people don't lag their arses off and that's becoming more and more rare.

if this game was playable and balanced I could understand all the rage quitting. Like in Uncharted when people quit to fake stats. But there's so much BS you have to suffer through in this game I'm honestly surprised it has as big of a community as it currently does.
Message 16 of 26 (146 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
281 posts

[ Edited ]
May 11, 2013

And you think, no one but the Quitters have this issues?

Sometimes i fight against flying statues, and i hate it...some inmune to grapple/combo/brutall kill guys, wich makes me rage... but i don't RQ ever... the only times that i leaved the room was cause i got DC 3 times, cause of my internet provider had issues one week.

This goes beyond the tipical Excuse of "this game works like crap", cause if you RQ on a match cause you were 0-9, and i see you again on the next match winning 10-0 and not quitting, something about "this game works like crap" isn't quite true...right?...this is about getting your **bleep** kicked, and quitting, no excuses.

Message 17 of 26 (143 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9691 posts

May 11, 2013

Rolingachu wrote:

And you think, no one but the Quitters have this issues?

Sometimes i fight against flying statues, and i hate it...some inmune to grapple/combo/brutall kill guys, wich makes me rage... but i don't RQ ever... the only times that i leaved the room was cause i got DC 3 times, cause of my internet provider had issues one week.

This goes beyond the tipical Excuse of "this game works like crap", cause if you RQ on a match cause you were 0-9, and i see you again on the next match winning 10-0 and not quitting, something about "this game works like crap" isn't quite true...right?...this is about getting your **bleep** kicked, and quitting, no excuses.

No, why would you even insinuate that by me saying that there's a lot of crap in this game that it only effects people who are rage quitting?  

It doesn't matter if YOU don't rage quit, or Johnny doesn't rage quit, or Tommy from down the block doesn't rage quit.  The point of the matter is, there is a correlation between the two.  (Problems this game has and rage quiting).  

People bought this game to have fun.  That's why I bought it and I intend on continuing to have fun with it as long as I can.  Now, I think it's kind of bull **bleep** that it's ok to play through the game and get enraged because of all the stupid crap but it's wrong to quit playing a game that's causing you to literally pull your hair out.  

The point is, if you're not having fun you don't have to subject yourself to the torture.  Which is what a lot of people do.  I myself quit tons of Uncharted games even at the smallest sight of lag.  I haven't quit in this game as much because I've essentially given up on any hope of this MP being even somewhat competitive.  The game is insanely fun when it works properly...in which case there aren't many people who I can honestly say have beaten me.  But then you mix in the whole lag/bugs/balance BS and it becomes a rotten mess.  No one should have to go through it.

And honestly you don't know if others aren't going through it.  What you see on your screen isn't always what's happening on theirs.  For example, I made this guy rage quit on uncharted 2 after I killed him one time.  On my screen he was visible the whole time, but on his screen after the first shot went off he instantly his behind the RPG hut and I shot him continuously while he was hiding.  He sent me the clip and everything.  

But going from match to match like your example could have changed the host... or given a ton of different circumstances that would cause him to do better.  

Now I don't fully support rage quitting.  It does get annoying.  But there are reasons people quit other than "man I'm getting my arse kicked" and I wouldn't want to see someone get punished when it's technically not their fault they quit.  I spent a lot of money on this game, so of COURSE I want it to play well.  But when it doesn't?  Why should I subject myself to all of the crap?  Then on top of that get punished because the game doesn't function like it should? 

There will always be quitting and honestly, late join is probably the best idea that you will ever have for fixing it.  

Message 18 of 26 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1206 posts

May 11, 2013

I REFUSE to support an idea that incorporates punishments for quitting. What if my partner quits because he's taking a beating? What am I going to do? I certainly can't win, so quitting won't hurt me (in that sense). Maybe a "quit streak" punishment, but not after EVERY quit.... sounds absolutely ridiculous.

Message 19 of 26 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

May 11, 2013

Vanthem wrote:

Rolingachu wrote:

You missed out the most important one.

Yesterday i took about an hour to complete a match, cause when i was about to win, the host leaved the room, lving me without any EXP, happened about 5 times in a row, happened when:

-All vs All me 16-0, the others 3 just dummies for me to enjoy.

-4 v 4, Desert of lost souls, 7030 pts, killing the titan, on the scene.

-2 v 2, my partner and i kicking some serious **bleep**.

All those situations that happen all the **bleep** day long, i played about 20 match yesterday...of those 20, at least 15 of those, host RQ...and no it was not DC, it was RQ, on 5 of those matchs i recieved Rage-messages...

I will say it again, we really REALLY need "Leave the match" option removed, or either Host-Switching. As it is right now, im **bleep** tired of playing for nothing.

And is not just for the XP and all the crap, i just wanna have fun and be able to finish A **bleep** SINGLE MATCH...

Now, i need to start playing like a Handless and Mentally challenged boy, so people don't rage?

PD: Don't start with all that crap of "ow look, the guy think he is the better, let's flame him", or "Is just DC... bla bla bla" Im trying to make a serious post about a serious issue.

I don't know if you meant to start a new thread, but you did.   If that was your goal, there are a number of threads about rage quitting you could've added this to.

Oh well.  Simply put, removing "quit" is a dumb idea.  People will still leave, either by pulling the ethernet cable, resetting their router, shutting off their PS3 or some other way.

What we need is host migration and joining matches in progress.  We need better matchmaking.  We need parties to not get split up.  These are the complicated solutions to the problem.  Even at that, these aren't perfect solutions - especially late joining - no one likes joining a battle that's already lost, but they'll mitigate the quitting problem to a degree.

Well said Vanthem.  I agree with you 100%. 

Message 20 of 26 (99 Views)
0 Likes