Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 03 2013
By: SirCrush Wastelander 869 posts

Ragequitting out of hand - XP no longer sought

31 replies 1319 views Edited Apr 3, 2013

Alright so since the double XP and perhaps a bit before, XP has become defunct as a desire for players of this MP.

Many players have maxed out all the equipment they wish to use and have found their respectiver loadouts for each God. Why stay in a game you're losing your butt in? There is no longer a reason to for MANY players. This is hindering the fun factor many of us experience. Whether on the winning or losing team, time and time again players drop out, many times leaving it a 3 or 4 on 0 matchup in team games. This seems to be OKAY for Match of Champions since the lesser players are weeded out. But a 4 player or 8 player MoC is still more fun than the lower player count.

My suggestion to avert this is to raise the level cap or add a prestige option of some sort. Make XP worthwhile again. Another alternative could be heftier penalties for dropouts. I don't know.

All I know is that nearly EVERY match I am a part of ends up containing several dropouts, not just one. This has become a major problem. Any online game is GOING to have ragequitters/dropouts/disconnects but this one has grown to have MANY. And I believe this is due to the limited payoff for staying IN a game. You're better off leaving so you can do better and have more fun next time.

Please, SSM, do something about this. Not everyone is levelling up all their weapons.

Message 1 of 32 (1,319 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Ragequitting out of hand - XP no longer sought

Apr 3, 2013
I don't level anything that's not Hades related, so XP was never important to me. Not once.
I don't find myself quitting a game UNLESS someone in the party chooses a game mode that I say I don't want to play.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 2 of 32 (1,264 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Ragequit is not out of hand yet

When leaderboards and stats are into play then you will see what out of hand ragequit or better stat quit will be

Anyway I hope SSM doesn't indroduce a prestige system, I really don't like the idea of leveling up all my gear again but more levels or new allegiances sure, still that won't stop ragequit, players that rage because they are losing are beyond saving :smileytongue:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 3 of 32 (1,172 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 3, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
I don't level anything that's not Hades related, so XP was never important to me. Not once.
I don't find myself quitting a game UNLESS someone in the party chooses a game mode that I say I don't want to play.

d1v4d I believe you are the exception that proves the rule. Have you noticed that nearly EVERY game has quitters? Whether they are raging or DCing, it happens WAY too often and limits the fun  that can be achieved through playing this game. In my opinion.

Message 4 of 32 (1,172 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^You know it. Playing a full game (all the way till the end) is about 60% likely to happen. Recently, I've had more games where people left as opposed to games where nobody left.
Message 5 of 32 (1,033 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Watanabe_ugo wrote:

Ragequit is not out of hand yet

When leaderboards and stats are into play then you will see what out of hand ragequit or better stat quit will be

Anyway I hope SSM doesn't indroduce a prestige system, I really don't like the idea of leveling up all my gear again but more levels or new allegiances sure, still that won't stop ragequit, players that rage because they are losing are beyond saving :smileytongue:

Leaderboards would LIMIT ragequitting, imo. People would be more inclined to stay and leech what XP they can out of a match instead of leaving and probavly getting LESS XP for their time invested.

Prestige doesn't HAVE to reset all equipment. It can be done in a way that doesn't penalize you so severely. What I'm saying is it seems this game has MORE dropouts due to the limited need for XP.

Message 6 of 32 (985 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^Sorry to p*ss on your parade, really, I am... but leader boards would make it worse. People would get way to sensitive with their status, and they won't wanna sacrifice anything they don't have to. My whole opinion will go to sh*t IF Favor was only incorporporated into leader boards.
Message 7 of 32 (916 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Apr 3, 2013

Yeah it's a a shame it happens, exp or not, if you can't enjoy playing a match without having the need for exp to keep you in it then you'd most likely return the game right away..

Message 8 of 32 (881 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
729 posts

Apr 3, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Leaderboards would LIMIT ragequitting, imo. People would be more inclined to stay and leech what XP they can out of a match instead of leaving and probavly getting LESS XP for their time invested.

Prestige doesn't HAVE to reset all equipment. It can be done in a way that doesn't penalize you so severely. What I'm saying is it seems this game has MORE dropouts due to the limited need for XP.

You clearly don't know what Leaderboards did with Uncharted 2 and 3  MP.

It simply created the stats **bleep** players ruinning the fun of the other players

Sure it can stop rage quitting BUT it will create stats quitting a much worse form of quitting imo and it will create campers, exploits and players that only play on parties/clans to protect their stats.

I think losing XP or a time out of the MP for quitting ( 1 or 5 min wait to play again) would be enough to stop rage quitting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Message 9 of 32 (869 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 3, 2013
^I'm gonna camp in this game, see how far it gets me.
Message 10 of 32 (804 Views)