Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Ragequitting out of hand - XP no longer sought

Apr 3, 2013

Haha fair enough, guys, but this isn't my losing leaderboard debate topic...it's about limiting the quitting that is so prevalent in this game.

We need a level cap increase or prestige system or SOMETHING to avert this madness! Seriously.

Message 11 of 32 (309 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 3, 2013

@sircrush

In the MOBA game SMITE, we have a kick@$$ policy on rage quits. If you quit a game, you must wait 30 mins to play again and get labeled as a "deserter" for the next game. If you rage quit from that game, you recieve a 1 hr ban. A subsequent quit may result in a full day of exclusion from play if enough reports are filed (generally the majority of your lobby) Smiley Happy

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 12 of 32 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

Apr 4, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Haha fair enough, guys, but this isn't my losing leaderboard debate topic...it's about limiting the quitting that is so prevalent in this game.

We need a level cap increase or prestige system or SOMETHING to avert this madness! Seriously.

Agreed.  A lot of people need that carrot on a stick to keep them playing, plus it is nice to have something you're working toward.  As others have said, it doesn't have to be a reset of any kind.  It could simply be earning xp and ranking up to a new level. Maybe you earn different icons, could be a number of things that keep on going.

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 13 of 32 (194 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
116 posts

Apr 4, 2013
I see your point, I've leveled up everything (weapons, armory, and allegiances). But I never bail out on a game, I personally enjoy 3v4 games sometimes, it's more challenging

Poseidon reins supreme
Message 14 of 32 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Apr 4, 2013

Poseidon reins supreme

indeed he does

Message 15 of 32 (180 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 4, 2013

@SirCrush

This Happened Today To You When The Matchmaking Sided You w/ Randoms And They Abondoned The Game Or Were Accidently "Disconnected" .

It Quickly Turned Into A 3 V 1 Type Of Match .

But Your A Trooper And Stood Up To The @ss Kicking Me, Grenix, & p4e Delivered .Laughs

+1 Kudos !

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 16 of 32 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Apr 4, 2013

90% of the people are ragequitters in 2v2 every match it's the same 

Message 17 of 32 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 8, 2013

More rage towards bugs and other turd in this game than players, it's what pisses me off and stops me from playing.

Message 18 of 32 (125 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 8, 2013

Poseidon4ever wrote:

@sircrush

In the MOBA game SMITE, we have a kick@$$ policy on rage quits. If you quit a game, you must wait 30 mins to play again and get labeled as a "deserter" for the next game. If you rage quit from that game, you recieve a 1 hr ban. A subsequent quit may result in a full day of exclusion from play if enough reports are filed (generally the majority of your lobby) Smiley Happy

I've played Smite many times myself, love the game, and this mechanic they used was great.  It rewarded players who managed to get their "goodwill" up after consecutive games, and punished those who left.  

--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 19 of 32 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11799 posts

Apr 8, 2013

^SMITE has the greatest rage policy.....30min desertion penalty is sooo effective....I almost never see people leave Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 32 (114 Views)
0 Likes