Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 16 2012
By: GOW71 Keyblade Wielder 7464 posts

Rank locked lobbies/rooms?

13 replies 107 views Edited Dec 16, 2012

I hope I am not reposting something already stated. I missed if if I am.

Is there going to be a rank lock on lobbies or games for the MP?  So if a brandie new warrior shows up he won't end up in a room full of higher level warriors?

Or a way to set what levels of people you are willing to play with? Like 1-10, 10-15, and so on? Or is it going to be "enter at your own risk" in the final release?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Re: Rank locked lobbies/rooms?

Dec 16, 2012

This is the problem with level progression that I wish made devs drop the idea of level progression completely.

I think the only real way to solve this is to make specific level matchmaking search options that, once you've reached or gotten past a certain level, you can no longer search under.

Either that, or some kind of Player Match styled system like Street Fighter has where you can create a lobby and set restrictions on what you're looking for so only players of that same level or whatever can join.

Personally, the latter option sounds *tons* better. Just depends on if their MP can have a whole separate mode that works like that.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (106 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 16, 2012

Yeah that's basically what Im saying.  Like a level 20 shouldn't be able to join a room specifically for 1-10 leveled players.  Of course leave the option for and "open" leveled room.  But I am a big fan of having restrictions in place so new players don't get seriously owned by someone significantly higher.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (104 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
29160 posts

Dec 16, 2012

GOW71 wrote:

Yeah that's basically what Im saying.  Like a level 20 shouldn't be able to join a room specifically for 1-10 leveled players.  Of course leave the option for and "open" leveled room.  But I am a big fan of having restrictions in place so new players don't get seriously owned by someone significantly higher.

I think lots of people feel this way. Match making is important. 

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 16, 2012

Joanna_Dark_ wrote:

GOW71 wrote:

I think lots of people feel this way. Match making is important. 

Well, it's not just matchmaking that they could try to fix. We're talking about making a separate mode where you just create a lobby with set restrictions that people can search for and join rather than running the risk of going into matchmaking and trust that it'll pair you up with players of similar level. Think Starhawk as an example of player created lobbies.

If you look at any other multiplayer game, this is a problem. Matchmaking is never 100% perfect, especially months after the game has been out. Having player created lobbies where you can restrict the player pool to people who aren't super high up and have the better equipment, it can be a much more enjoyable experience. Otherwise, new players will get burned off the MP quick if they're getting beat up every game because they're getting paired up with players of higher level.

I really wish they didn't have level progression at all but oh well. It's what they're choosing to do.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
42 posts

Dec 16, 2012

like a skill based ranking system?

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1918 posts

Dec 16, 2012

BigMoneyBill wrote:

No... there's nothing you could use to measure "skill" in this game (no, kills and deaths does not equate to how skillful someone is).

Just let there be player created lobbies ala Starhawk with options available to the player to restrict what levels, armor, weapons, etc. are available for use and everything would be fine.

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (90 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
11 posts

Match Making Perhaps?

Dec 16, 2012

I'm a HUGE God of War fan and a big multiplayer fan and when I heard the two combining I lost my mind! I'm having some fun in this beta but one thing I find to be a little annoying is the "Match making". I get into a lot of matches where the enemies are usually 5 or 6 levels ahead of me and therefore have WAY stronger armor and weapons than I do. I get into a few matches where it's all noobs and it gets boring just getting a bunch of kills. I hope there will be some sort of match making that will be either level based but preferably more skill based so that it can be a fair and equal playing field for all, especially for those that are some what new to the game.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: Match Making Perhaps?

Dec 16, 2012

I totally agree I just got the beta today and I joined a few matches of Favor of the Gods and I would get killed a lot when i played agaisnt higher level players. I hope there will be some kind of match making like mentioned above but i think it should be a combination of level and skill based to make the game more enjoyable.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Dec 17, 2012

OWN1N45 wrote:

BigMoneyBill wrote:

No... there's nothing you could use to measure "skill" in this game (no, kills and deaths does not equate to how skillful someone is).

Just let there be player created lobbies ala Starhawk with options available to the player to restrict what levels, armor, weapons, etc. are available for use and everything would be fine.

Starhawk does NOT have those options. I wish it did.  

I believe this game would greatly benefit form a level lock option on rooms. I don't know what the final cap is... some say 30.  Based on that my suggestions would be:

1-10, 10-20, 20-30, 30+ (if prestige), and an open room.  

I just strongly believe that newbies should not get stuck in rooms with high level players.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (80 Views)
0 Likes