Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 17 2012
By: BigMoneyBill Splicer 42 posts

Reckoning of zeus OP?

11 replies 684 views Edited Dec 17, 2012

it is extreamly anoying to deal with the fact it pulls you in and does a **bleep**-ton of damage. i have seen it used to get a triple kill in the forum of hurcules and i think it could use a little nerfing. 

your thoughts?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 12 (684 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Re: Reckoning of zeus OP?

Dec 17, 2012
no. why? because if you have a very high elemental resist, then you don't need to worry about it. it's your character setup, not the game's fault.

my current zeus champion is sitting at 595 Elemental attack but i have 10 for physical attack and 20 for physical defense. you could imagine how long it takes for me to kill people using melee, or how easily i get killed through melee.
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 12 (679 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
28 posts

Dec 17, 2012

I have been the victim of this attack. It does seem a bit over powered. Once your hit by it there is seemingly  no escape. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 12 (679 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

The right stick is your friend. You just gotta time it right.

I can dodge out of this about 80% of the time, and when I can't then I use my item ability.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 12 (671 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 17, 2012

A little off topic but just FYI I think Thunderstorm and Reckoning of Zeus are mixed up.. The description of Thunderstorm is exactly what Reckoning of Zeus does--- A thing that sucks you in and Launches you, while the description for Reckoning of Zeus is exactly what Thunderstorm does when Equipped * a small bolt that explodes etc*

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 12 (646 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Dec 17, 2012

My point here as well is, if the descriptions are correct, then it shouldn't be overpowered at all.  Because if reckoning of zeus is indeed the little *sparkly* thunderbolt.. You dont unlock the *thunder storm* power until a much higher level, at which point it shouldn't be overpowered by any meens.. Maybe the reason this seems overpowered is they are mixed up and Zeus character are starting out with this insane thunderstorm when it is really supposed to be unlocked at like level 10 or something

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 12 (644 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Dec 17, 2012
I do agree but then again this is Zeus we are talking about here shouldn't the Champion be a little "OP" because his teacher is lol
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 12 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1499 posts

Dec 17, 2012

yes Thunderstorm and Reckoning are flipped up so anyone who joins beta starts with a level 10 magic as opposed to the actual bolt.......it's not that OP really, I prefer the cone, also magic at max level can be used 2 times(cept Demigod one), Ares Meteor more OP I think, what i do in FotG is get magic whilst evading a guy then jump up and go to other side of map to the 2 guys fighting and BOOM!!!!

Signature Quote:
I love Leia, especially the way she extends my staff
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 12 (636 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 17, 2012

His hammer is pretty **bleep** powerful, I didnt enjoy it myself but I did notice the special attacks can be cheap at times.  But either way you can evade the L1Triangle(worm hole) or you can heavy attack the opponent since it takes a while for it to attack. The lighting bolt L1Square can be frustrating though, leaves you so helpless for so long :smileysad: luckily it does not do a great deal of damage.

Edit

So many of his attacks pull you in I am not sure which one we are talking about :smileytongue:. But I have noticed some of zeus powers are powerful, his lightning grenade(forgot name) only takes 50 magic and it sucks them in while leaving the helpless for a few seconds, than you can put them into a combo. While Ares grenade I feel can be frustrating at times, ill stick them with it and get excited for it to explode and combo :smileyhappy: but they evade at the right moment to dodge it :smileysad:. But I assume Zeus is more powerful with magic than Ares because that is how his character directed towards, while Ares has stronger attacks.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 12 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 18, 2012

The correct way to Nerf this would to take away the ability to pull enemies into it

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 12 (609 Views)
0 Likes