Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Re: Red PS3! God of War Edition!

Feb 5, 2013
@DaJizzle

Of course, both have their drawbacks, but it looks like that's where the market is going. It depends on situation, but I'm still confused as to why digital downloads are just as pricey. I'm a generally lazy person, very lazy, so downloading games would be beneficial for me. Hey, I too love physical copies, but the d*** move that publishers and companies are doing doesn't help anything (the whole "no more used games" situation is an example).

Sure, we'd need massive hard drive space, but I'm sure there'd be something that cloud has to offer (didn't Sony purchase one about a year ago?)

Even with the online passes (disagree if you wish, but I think those are **bleep** stupid) I can't even bring an online game for him/her to try it out.. why!? Oh and to top it all off, you gotta buy an online pass if something were to go wrong.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 51 of 70 (133 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Feb 5, 2013
@d1v4d

I agree entirely, especially with the online passes. I can't stand those d*** things. And instead of trying to eliminate the used market, I think publishers should join the used market. Imagine if Sony and others had that type of mind frame.

First DLC and now Online Passes. I have an eerie feeling neither is going away soon. I don't mind DLC when done correctly, but those Online Passes drive me batty.
Message 52 of 70 (128 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I can understand the online passes to a certain extent.  They are taking a more of an intellectual property approach like with software and it needing keys. I think it is annoying as he11 myself.  It isn't software that I'll use for a year or maybe more.

The gaming companies and the consumers need to find a solution that works for everyone. We'll have to give up something but so will they. I'm liking the rental idea DaJizzle brought up.  Gives you a good idea of the game and maybe you can beat it. If your title can be beaten in the rental time then you don't really deserve a full game price IF the renter doesn't see a re-play ability  or want anything else to do with it.  If they do then you can buy the title at that point.

We still need the physical copies either way you slice it.  Not everyone has access to the high speed internet and not everyone games online.  At lower speeds with the games being 30GB on average would take a day or more....I mean did you see the I think it was Street Fighter  4 @ almost 19GB??????? The graphics on those types of games aren't mind blowing by any means. How is it even that big?

Since our internet would take out some of the costs of production and distribution of the game , maybe physical copies could be like $5-$10 more to offset the cost.  NOT raise the current prices of them but rather lower the digital ones to achieve this.

Message 53 of 70 (115 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Feb 6, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

I can understand the online passes to a certain extent.  They are taking a more of an intellectual property approach like with software and it needing keys. I think it is annoying as he11 myself.  It isn't software that I'll use for a year or maybe more.

The gaming companies and the consumers need to find a solution that works for everyone. We'll have to give up something but so will they. I'm liking the rental idea DaJizzle brought up.  Gives you a good idea of the game and maybe you can beat it. If your title can be beaten in the rental time then you don't really deserve a full game price IF the renter doesn't see a re-play ability  or want anything else to do with it.  If they do then you can buy the title at that point.

We still need the physical copies either way you slice it.  Not everyone has access to the high speed internet and not everyone games online.  At lower speeds with the games being 30GB on average would take a day or more....I mean did you see the I think it was Street Fighter  4 @ almost 19GB??????? The graphics on those types of games aren't mind blowing by any means. How is it even that big?

Since our internet would take out some of the costs of production and distribution of the game , maybe physical copies could be like $5-$10 more to offset the cost.  NOT raise the current prices of them but rather lower the digital ones to achieve this.

I was just talking as if it were happening to me, that's why I really didn't argue both sides. I understand though, I know many people that wouldn't benefit from digital only releases.

Message 54 of 70 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

d1v4d wrote:
I was just talking as if it were happening to me, that's why I really didn't argue both sides. I understand though, I know many people that wouldn't benefit from digital only releases.

I see it eventually ending up as digital only but they will be alienating a core group by doing it now.  Internet speeds need to be much higher for this to be the way of things. Not just in rural areas but also general internet the average consumer has.  For now we just need both but the digital needs to be lower in price.  We are using our resources to get the game. Not theirs of production and distribution.

Consoles are becoming more and more like PC , in the way they have the same kinds of hardware and they way we use them for multiple things.

They need to start being as durable AND I'd like them to be upgradable as well.  ( to a point) . Being able to open parts of it up and clean it without voiding warranty would be awesome. Or allowing Game retailers to offer cleaning services that don't void the warranty would even be better than what we have now.

Message 55 of 70 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Feb 6, 2013

@rachelnlucas

Ah yes, the good ol' warranty voids for simply upgraded your console... that always made sense to me (sarcasm). I guess we just gotta wait and see what next gen consoles have to offer, spec-wise. 

Hopefully they're powerful enough to close the gap a bit. February 20th I'm hoping.

Message 56 of 70 (100 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Feb 6, 2013

@DaJizzle, @d1v4d, @rachelnlucas

The Only Way I See The Digital Only Gen. Working, Is If They Would Offer 30 To 45 Minutes Of Gameplay Free Of Charge, In A Effort To Give The Customers A Sound Choice Of Either Going Ahead And "Activating" The Full Game By Purchasing It Or By Negating The "Pay To Unlock" Full Version Of The Game .

This Would Give Players "Purchasing Power" In Deciding Whether To Pay Up Front The Required Monetary Value To Unlock The Full Game, Or Move On To Another Playable "Preview" They Spend On Instead . 

Now Let's Be Honest, Most Of Us Have Had The Bad Experience Of Buying Games We Might Of Not Known Where Awful, But Decided To Either "Return It" By Selling It Back To The Store (Good Luck) Or Just Trading It In For Another 1 We Might Play Instead .

But The Point Is, That The Paying Customers Have The Power In Their Wallets, When Deciding On Whether To Buy A $60 Video Game Or Not .As Many Said It Just Ultimately Depends On The Video Game Itself .

But It Also Needs To Progress For The Better, Just As Everything Else Does In The Digital Age .Just Something To Think About .Lol

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 57 of 70 (90 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I would love to get that controller. Both of my are a bit old and used up. Sometimes R2 presses itself and left thumb sticks makes my go forward just a bit but enought to not be spawn protected in B3

photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 58 of 70 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 6, 2013

@stripesmarine

As I am sure you're already aware of the game trials with PS+, that's their answer for trying before buy. That and demos. Except the latter doesn't give you a good scope of the product. We've all played some great demos of some bad games and vice versa.

That's why creating a viable digital renting service would make sense. You have one in place for movies and technically one in place for PS+ (full FREE games disappear once you end your subscription).

Also, as @rachelnlucas eluded to, the Internet speeds have to be on par with the large amount of data. Can you imagine take a day to download a title for 2 day rental and only having 1 day to try it out. That'd suck! Lol! :smileyhappy:

@Carrioner

I don't believe that controller is coming to the US. So if you live in the US like most of us, tough luck. :smileysad: But, I did buy the red DS3 when I bought GOW3. I needed that red controller to match the rage of Kratos. Lol! :smileyhappy:

Message 59 of 70 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

Red controllers

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/god-of-war-saga-deep-red-dualshock-3-wireless-controller/105842

http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/accessories/ps3-dualshock-3-wireless-controller-red/75676

Controller decal

http://compare.ebay.com/like/160969131867?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

not close at all but it might give you what you want.....

@DaJizzle, stripesmarine,d1v4d

Even now at like 15-20 Mbps  downloads the games take hours ( sometimes I just download overnight then install ( also take awhile)  when I wake up and shut it off to give it a rest).  You can't do anything while it is downloading except PSN message friends or leave it and do something else.  I understand they are thinking of having this cloud gaming with the games being on that server for you to play.  That would mean you really only buying the intellectual rights to something on a server. ( I hate this idea, unless they are making the games like $20 then I'm on bored)   Server goes down then what?  It has problems, gets hacked.... I see lots of problems with this.  It is really good in theory but I don't think practical use at least at first will be good. Besides you have groups out there that purposely hack Sony things.

Message 60 of 70 (66 Views)