Highlighted
Wastelander
739 posts

Re: Red PS3! God of War Edition!

Feb 6, 2013

@rachelnlucas

Great point. That's the thing (while I'm not sure about the inactivity during a download since I've always been to play a game and download a "demo" at the same time, but that's just a demo and not a "full" game). Internet speeds have to increase dramatically. Security has to increase dramatically (because of hacking) though I'm not sure that's such a great thing. Plus, the prices need to be customer friendly as you've stated.

Add server maintenance to that list also. PSN just had server maintenance a few weeks ago.

Message 61 of 70 (134 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

I should clarify. You can't do any online gaming ( no online capability what so ever) or it will pause your download.

Of course they'd need server maintenance on a grand scale for something like the cloud gaming, but times would need to get better.  Remember last time , the maintenance time went from overnight to afternoon/next night.  

Security is a tough issue. The more they put into it, the more groups try to break it. Either Microsoft just doesn't have the kinds of MAJOR hacking ( on large scales not multiple individual systems) or they just don't report it. Their security is much more lax. The harddrive isn't super proprietary which is a big plus for me.  I don't know really anything about the online features since I don't own one my brother does. I do know that lots of sites advertise modding the Xbox for being able to play burned games and such.  Sony puts a lot of effort into keeping out things that don't let you play copyright materials (burned games and such) you didn't pay for.  Mandatory updates that don't allow you to have access to things you once did just to take it online. I don't see a price reflection in this , in contrast with Microsoft.

Message 62 of 70 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Feb 6, 2013
@rachelnlucas

Now I see what you meant. Smiley Happy

Agreed with the Microsoft comparison. The thing that bothers me about the firmware updates with Sony is they were taking things away from the user...things that were advertised and used as a selling point for the console. I will admit that it's gotten better lately with the additions of things like Amazon Video and NFL Sunday Ticket, but hopefully they'll have a fair course of action in place with their systems and services going forward.
Message 63 of 70 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 6, 2013

@ DaJizzle

Yep, that bothers me too. I mentioned it breifly in an ealier post. Your product should only get stronger not weaker on things it marketed.

The things that they should have marketed in the first place ( like PSN being a free service) weren't even covered with marketing.

I really hope that things are going to get better with the next system or I'll be stuck with the current generation for a very long time.

I don't feel like having that many issues with a new system and shelling out a lot of money.

Message 64 of 70 (116 Views)
Wastelander
739 posts

Feb 7, 2013
@rachelnlucas

No argument there. If you're going to upgrade your console (at a hefty price by the way) then it should be worth the upgrade. If not, stick with what you know. The PS2 was still being supported well into the life cycle of the Ps3.
Message 65 of 70 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Feb 7, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

I really hope that things are going to get better with the next system or I'll be stuck with the current generation for a very long time.

You Just Say It Perfectly !

+1 Kudos

=======================

This Gen. Still Has A Lot Of Fight !

=======================

; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 66 of 70 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Feb 8, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

rachelnlucas wrote:

You Just Say It Perfectly !

+1 Kudos

=======================

This Gen. Still Has A Lot Of Fight !

=======================

; )

Hopefully the 4 big games (Last of Us, Ascension, Beyond Two Souls, GTA:V) are the last. I want to move on!

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 67 of 70 (92 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Feb 8, 2013

@d1v4d

It takes them a bit to put out enough titles on the next gen systems to get the ball rolling.  Usually the last gen system comes out with games for like a year. Money is really tight for a lot of people right now to. Unless they are a lot closer to what the systems are now ( very doubtful)  not a lot of people will be able to afford them , especially with the relatively low selection they tend to have in the beginning.

The rush in technology in the past decade has really made it hard for you to trust in a product. ( Ultimately the longevity in that product as well)  Especially one with so many competitors. Everyone is trying to beat everyone else to the market.

No way I'm going to be able to spend $500 on the next PS system and put my trust in it to last me a while.  Not to mention the awful rumors about used game market.....

Message 68 of 70 (86 Views)
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Feb 8, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

@d1v4d

It takes them a bit to put out enough titles on the next gen systems to get the ball rolling.  Usually the last gen system comes out with games for like a year. Money is really tight for a lot of people right now to. Unless they are a lot closer to what the systems are now ( very doubtful)  not a lot of people will be able to afford them , especially with the relatively low selection they tend to have in the beginning.

The rush in technology in the past decade has really made it hard for you to trust in a product. ( Ultimately the longevity in that product as well)  Especially one with so many competitors. Everyone is trying to beat everyone else to the market.

No way I'm going to be able to spend $500 on the next PS system and put my trust in it to last me a while.  Not to mention the awful rumors about used game market.....

Then I guess I'll be the one biting the bullet and letting everyone know how it is. Somebody's gotta do it Smiley Wink

I get what you're saying though, but I can't tell as of right now. I, personally, have to wait and see what these consoles will be like.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 69 of 70 (81 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Feb 8, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Then I guess I'll be the one biting the bullet and letting everyone know how it is. Somebody's gotta do it Smiley Wink

You Are So Brave d1v4d ! 

I Might Join You Too .

If The PS4 Is $399 At Launch, I Buy It .Laughs

Thnx For Being A Leader m8 ! ; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 70 of 70 (76 Views)
0 Likes