Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 12 2013
By: MaximoDecimo10 First Son 27 posts

Relic of Resiliance

52 replies 620 views Edited Jun 12, 2013

I think we all already know what this relic can do in the hands of a skillful player or a runner. You can have a hard time trying to kill a player using the relic, plus if he is using the Battle Armor or Poseidon. The fight 1 vs 1 start good until the Poseidon player reach the limit where the relic start to work. Then, the player Poseidon chooses 2 path: run or defend and keep fighting. Now, a player with low level (considering many of us have “Ascended”) is almost imposible to kill a Poseidon using the relic. Even an Ares players need to do an effort to kill poseidon.

It can be worse for the other 2 gods: a Zeus without magic or an Hades with low PP, is really hard kill a poseidon. If you make a mistake, if you lose the combo or the poseidon player starts attacking you with jump slice, you are finished. Some just wait the time to run for a weapon or run to the health fountain, which is pathetic.

An "easy" way to kill a poseidon is using Ares with Relic of Determination but in order to get that goal, (first you need to reach level 34) you need to survive at least 1 minute or more meanwhile poseidon´s relic works per second. Thats not fair. Another reason is that the relic keeps working while the player is getting a Brutal kill. The cinematic goes and the relic keeps increasing the stats of the player: HP, PR and ER. Once the cinematic is over the poseidon player is ready to start a new fight. One more reason: if they use the item, usually the Cloak of Boreas, if you try to break it you will get freeze and free to be punished for that crime, which is the death (or the perfect time to let poseidon run away). If you dont attack him, the relic heals him and at the same time get some magic.

For those reason, i think that Relic of Resiliance is very overpowered and deserves to get a nerf. I want to add that i have used poseidon until level 40, i have used the relic many, many times, and thats why i have tested myself the real power of this relic. I could easily beat Zeus, Hades and Ares players using the relic plus the armor or poseidon. You just need to find the way to counter the attack and rest is piece of cake.

Any comments are welcome, hope i dont get too much bashing comments :smileytongue:

Message 1 of 53 (620 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Re: Relic of Resiliance

Jun 12, 2013

With any Hammers,

Problem solved with Ring outs! Everything is alright!

I don't think it'd be Poseidon Runner.

In fact, I met few ones with this relic happen to be "Decoyers".

Message 2 of 53 (609 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1740 posts

Jun 12, 2013

If you hit the Cloack of Boreas (or Eye of The Wolf) with an attack and dodge away you can avoid getting slowed (or burned) Try usinga [] attack on a Poseidong when they activate the shield then dodge you will not get slowed and you can continue your assault. Hope this helps :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lag is OP. NERF it!
Message 3 of 53 (606 Views)
First Son
27 posts

Jun 12, 2013

Yeah, i have succesful dodge but some others not jeje. If the player is moving towards you there is much probability to get freeze even if you dodge in time. Anyways, thanks for the advise.

Message 4 of 53 (591 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
403 posts

Jun 12, 2013

MaximoDecimo10 wrote:

I think we all already know what this relic can do in the hands of a skillful player or a runner. You can have a hard time trying to kill a player using the relic, plus if he is using the Battle Armor or Poseidon. The fight 1 vs 1 start good until the Poseidon player reach the limit where the relic start to work. Then, the player Poseidon chooses 2 path: run or defend and keep fighting. Now, a player with low level (considering many of us have “Ascended”) is almost imposible to kill a Poseidon using the relic. Even an Ares players need to do an effort to kill poseidon.

Any item in this game in the hands of a skillful player can seem overpowered. I'm not saying that you're not wrong in your assumption, you just need to remember that.

As far as the comment towards it working during a brutal kill. You also need to remember that Zeus' Relic of Asclepius also works while in a brutal kill and while they're even being killed.

I'd like to discuss this further but it's currently quite late where I live and I wouldn't be able to construct intellectual responses. :smileysad:

photo Posiedon2.jpg
Message 5 of 53 (588 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1798 posts

Jun 12, 2013

I think you can better avoid the next battles involved with this if you battled those Decoyers happens to be online friends that may doesn't change the team to other one or battle other non-Poseidon warriors in other way to win.

Message 6 of 53 (574 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Jun 12, 2013
I thought about resemble that relic of zeus: Relic of Asclepius, i didnt remembered the name. Both relics works per second but for me, gain health+PR+ER is better than get magic. Not many times you can survive using magics if you are getting attack by 2 or 3 players. But you can survive if your health is increasing. I have done that many times.

About the "skillful player" i was refering to a good player that knows when to counter/parry/dodge and start a combo that leave so weak, meanwhile poseidon is getting stronget and stronger.
Message 7 of 53 (573 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
37 posts

Jun 12, 2013

i´m agree with maximo, that relic is too op, health+pr+er??? please!!! if you are a hades or zeus, probably you dont have a chance, just an army can beat that, and to be honest, is the favorite relic to the poseidon players. 

Message 8 of 53 (508 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jun 12, 2013
Poseidons Relic needs to be activated first, while Determination is a clock really. And Resilience is level 31 relic. everything is fair.

If youve got a problem with Resilience, then you do your best till Poseidon is low and only then use your magic and if youre Ares, then activate your demigod **bleep**. You will outburn his HP regen
Message 9 of 53 (498 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jun 12, 2013

AFAIC hades has gotten the shaft lately

Message 10 of 53 (496 Views)
0 Likes