Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Re: Replace "jump slicing"...

Apr 12, 2013

so... L1+X is your friend. or, you know, that handy little right stick that lets you dodge any attack

perhaps it wouldve made more sense for it to be an unblockable slam since the hammer and spear both have one but im sure they a good reason for it so you might as well take the easy parry and free kill and be glad they let you get out of it

Please use plain text.
Message 51 of 98 (630 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

Apr 12, 2013
^I know It's easily parried.. .I've parried jump slicers multiple times, taunted them while they parry stunned, then destroyed them...my point is the Fact it can be parried, it should've been a sword slam attack, It's pathetic, I want a real challenge when I come against a lv30 sword user not the same combo I saw from a different player last match & a different player in the match before that. ...you warriors are making me start to rant...I hate ranting...
Please use plain text.
Message 52 of 98 (584 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Apr 12, 2013

If it makes you feel better I sometimes jump in and L1+/\ with my Ares Sword :smileyvery-happy:

This idea has grown on me. I like jump slice the way it is but an alternate "power" attack can be interesting too. For now, my L1+/\ surprised the hell out of my targets and I kinda like it that way :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 53 of 98 (525 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Apr 12, 2013
^ The Element Of Surprise Is At Times The Best Strategy .

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 54 of 98 (483 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 12, 2013

You can actually jump over the enemy players light attack (horizontal) and do the triangle attack on their heads, thus rendering parry unusable. I have survived 3 vs 1 situations where i have killed atleast 2 of the attackers with this tactic (with aid of magic and items also but thats not the point), even jumping over the Zeus Sword wave attack with a double jump air evade and hitting their ugly mugs is possible.

So if that ain't powerful, extremely useful, fast, and combo friendly, then nothing is. This wouldn't be so bad if this game wasn't a mess of jumping and juggling... people should not BOUNCE!!! period! Since the stamina system suggestion went unheard during beta phase (and probably will for all time) this will continue to be spammed and plague this game. It is not like Jump Slicing is the culprit, it is the mechanics of bouncing and grappling that lead it to being cheap and lame, and lead to players using the one thing they find most easy and useful. Hitting an enemy who is lying flat on the ground with you sword with a horizontal attack= ENEMY BOUNCES!!! wow... who thought that was a good idea? Maybe it was Fred Fuchs....

And seriously, jumping in combat, thats like almost as bad as sitting, how did anyone think this was a good idea? Fred Fuchs anyone? Anyway the mechanics and physics in this game just blow my mind... and not in a good way. There is WAY too much air time, WAY too much bouncing and WAY too much running! If this game had fall damage and physics, i swear no one would survive anything in this game without broken bones.

All needless mechanics should be replaced with DYING not bouncing around and turning to Michael Jackson etc. it would make the game more about skill and not luck or who jumps higher wins. You would think 10 hits from a Sword over half the size of your character would slice the enemy into small bits. Anyone who has played Shadow Of Rome on the PS2, or Severance on the PC would understand what i mean.

Please use plain text.
Message 55 of 98 (432 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 12, 2013

Part of the issue is that a Swords Jump Triangle has priority over every other weapons normal and or heavy air attacks. Second problem is that it's safe on a WIFF (miss) unlike a Spear's, or Hammer's Jump Triangle.

People complained about this during the beta, I knew it would arise again. There was a thread on this issue too last month...

Most if not all of the game mechanics present in GOW's MP work fine in 1v1 situations it's when multiple enemies start using the cooking cutter or better options that problems arise and or issues are amplified.

I'd actually like to play test a MP build of the game where the Parry after usage ( recovery ) time in blue state is reduced in half. This way actual Heavy attacks are more of a focus, and light (normal) attacks are more punishiable via parry. Since the Sword Jump Triangle acts like a normal via speed and safe on wiff, yet Juggles.

Or they can simply do what others are saying Sword Jump Triangle should have the same animation as it's ground heavy, have the same non safe on wiff (recovery) break block, and no initial juggle.

Please use plain text.
Message 56 of 98 (340 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

Apr 12, 2013

People...usually if you see someone with a sword jump in the air towards you, they will more likely than not try to use the triangle attack. Wait for it, prepare for it, parry it. Done deal. Then combo them. I do it ALL THE TIME. and im not even that good at this game. But I do know when a jumping triangle is coming. :catwink:

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 57 of 98 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 13, 2013
You do realise that "good player "will lure you to use parry, he will hop and "bang"you just made very big mistake. Rest is history and these "slicers "will always find a way to use it so that they can do their awesome selfmade combos that results you being dead. You don't quite get it. they do everything to get that move in so they can do the infinite combo that propably gives them a hard one. This game sickens me already and these people who bends the laws of game mechanics in their advantage.
Please use plain text.
Message 58 of 98 (217 Views)
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 13, 2013
Some of these posts are longer than my last essay.
 photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 59 of 98 (214 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 13, 2013
we'll I don't have to worry about essays, I'm an old fart, propably one of oldest here... although my mind some time is in teenage level...
Please use plain text.
Message 60 of 98 (209 Views)
0 Likes