Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1763 posts

Re: Replace "jump slicing"...

May 9, 2013

I know. But when in action, it's not going well when against three or four sword users.

Message 81 of 98 (1,297 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
531 posts

May 9, 2013
Still Gay :smileyvery-happy:
Message 82 of 98 (1,044 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 9, 2013

SaintPocc wrote:
PARRY people, PARRY, learn to PARRY, jump slicing can get parryable.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/What-makes-a-good-player-Gre...

Have a nice read Mr.Parry

Message 83 of 98 (1,040 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
May 9, 2013

I think its funny that people think "jump-slicing" is any different than any other attack. Swords are hard to get in with because everything is blockable and the unblockables are slow. Cerberus blade fixes these problems though.
Swords - Big combos and fast blockable launchers, easy to parry/block.
Hammers - Decent mix-ups/unblockables and good ring-outs, a bit slower.
Spears - Big pokes and good unblockables, weak and low range on square.
Would I still be going 10+ / 0-2 if swords were unavoidable and cheap? When the enemy team has nothing but swords? I blow up nerds that do nothing but jump-slice every day.

Swords are only this effective because there is a severe lack of defensive play from the general playerbase aside from holding right stick down.

Message 84 of 98 (493 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
494 posts

May 14, 2013
Now that I've have been experiencing the swords & blades side of the game via Blade of Thanatos (of course) ..I noticed that the blades/swords aerial is dull & Is at a disadvantage compared to the spears & hammers...so why not change the jump triangle to a heavy sword slam attack? Technically all the aerial attacks of the sword minus special attacks are parry-able which would mean it is not balanced with the other weapons since both the spears & hammers both have an unblockable heavy aerial attacks ...
Message 85 of 98 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

May 14, 2013

My opinion on this:

It's quite annoying being juggled with sword (but I also think it's very annoying to get ringed out without any effort with hammers).

However, up until now, it's a valid move in the game. People are free to use.

We should be able to avoid hit. It's not easy. Parry? Some people fake? Evade? Some people grapple right after the jump. Block? Seems the best option.

And there's another way to counter it: use it. I'm not saying to use it all the time, since as I've stated in other threads, you'll be predictable and this is bad. But use the move on jump slicers to give them a taste of their own medicine.

I've played in MoC, with Hades, today against 1 Hades (jump slicers), 1 Zeus. I ended up winning the first 2 matches, but I was close to the 2nd, and on the third I finished 4th. Then the map changed to rotunda. So I decided to troll them (mainly the Hades slicer) and I got my Zeus with SoZ. That was the result (below). They didn't stand a chance. I started jump slicing here and there, silencing, ringing out with SoZ, placing lightning balls, etc. 

It was fun :smileytongue:

20130514_092935.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 86 of 98 (241 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
48 posts

[ Edited ]
May 15, 2013

If your argument is multiple swords swinging at you it wouldn't matter what attack they were doing.

3 guys pelting you with swords will be **bleep** near death no matter what attack they're doing. 

Hell they're better off spamming triange on the ground because you cant parry it and if enough people do it in sequence one of them will hit you.

If it's a one on one/FFA thing you shouldn't let the opponents around you have enough breathing room to land an attack, let alone jump. And if they jump, automatically block, jumping triangle with sword is completely blockable, if they try to hit you with a heavy after that just dodge it and punish. It's not like they're jumping the full map over to you out of no where, the horizontal range on jumping triangle is so puny they have to be right on top of you to land it, you should see them coming no matter what they're planning on doing.

Message 87 of 98 (206 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
346 posts

May 16, 2013

^This guy knows. Jump Slicing isn't going anywhere. The Street Sharks call that the T-West Special.

photo TonyDanzaClan.jpg
Message 88 of 98 (164 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

May 28, 2013
Bump.... After the ATROCITY that was the last patch, this thing needs one.
Message 89 of 98 (486 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11717 posts

May 28, 2013

*bows down to alghazanth*

u have my respect lol

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 90 of 98 (361 Views)
0 Likes