Apr 06 2013
By: Kurzickz First Son 3 posts

Request for a Test Dummy in Training mode

8 replies 151 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

I would like to propose for a unkillable test dummy in training mode cause that spar option the npc dies too fast and you can't really practice combos on him, It would be nice if we could get just a immortal non responsive sparring partner in the training mode to practice combos

Message 1 of 9 (151 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1202 posts

Re: Request for a Test Dummy in Training mode

Apr 6, 2013
a training mode would be nice with some adjustable options.
But im pretty sure this would be to much work for the SSM guys.
Message 2 of 9 (147 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

I've been asking for this since the beta, it' so annoying to try some combo in training mode but get parried every time.

There should also be an option to switch weapons and choose world weapons for you and the dummy and set a its behavior, like just stand doing nothing so you can practice your combos, jumping, using light/heavy/world weapon attacks only or the default behavior, all this by pressing start button (I've never tried pressing it during training actually, LOL).

I also noticed that the warrior in the training mode doesn't react like a real player, it becomes white in situations real players wouldn't and some attacks that would normaly hit a player don't hite the npc warrior.

signature.jpg

Message 3 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
412 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Rafa_psc wrote:

I've been asking for this since the beta, it' so annoying to try some combo in training mode but get parried every time.

There should also be an option to switch weapons and choose world weapons for you and the dummy and set a its behavior, like just stand doing nothing so you can practice your combos, jumping, using light/heavy/world weapon attacks only or the default behavior, all this by pressing start button (I've never tried pressing it during training actually, LOL).

I also noticed that the warrior in the training mode doesn't react like a real player, it becomes white in situations real players wouldn't and some attacks that would normaly hit a player don't hite the npc warrior.

Agree with you ...i'd like to have the sentinel to punch continuosly ...he is really not simpatique :smileyhappy:

----------

----------
Message 4 of 9 (113 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
461 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Would help a lot if you could make him "invincible"
Sometimes when I think I will do a combo I've been trying to do, he have red halo before I finish.

OR

They could make hes health to regenerate just like your character. (copy and paste?)
 photo YT01.png
Made by Carrioner photo GoWMYSIGNATURE.jpg
[url=http://www.yourgamercards.net/profile/Carrioner/][img]http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/Carrioner.png[/img][/url]
Message 5 of 9 (104 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
973 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I think its health should only regen when it reaches zero, when it happens you should receive a sign it would have died and then regen. You would be able to know how much damage your combo does. I wish it was also possible to choose dummy armor, you could see how stats would affect damage.

signature.jpg

Message 6 of 9 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

Apr 7, 2013

^lol Im willing to let someone test combos on me if they do the same :smileyhappy:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 7 of 9 (80 Views)
Splicer
66 posts

Apr 8, 2013

+1

and training mode needs improvement anyway. they should take a look at training modes of modern fighting games. (Tekken, Injustice/MK, StreeFighter, ...)

there is everything you need. all moves, all combos, behaviour of the sparring partner, so many options, better descriptions, displays damage, frame data, priority etc etc.........

if they plan to make GoW MP a big thing in the future they really need to improve all these things

Message 8 of 9 (61 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I hope to see some form of custom mode implemented, where you can invite players and test out abilities without having to worry about losing HP or, god forbid, accidentally killing you sparring partner! xD

A test mode/sparring mode would be awesome, I'd love to join a server with a friend and go over different styles and attacks etc. :smileyembarrassed:
--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 9 of 9 (56 Views)
0 Likes