Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

Re: SSM READ THIS AN TAKE NOTE

[ Edited ]
May 6, 2013

kal-jo wrote:
Deathstreak should give you some extra magic. Kill streak should give you the blade of olympus to kick **bleep** with.

In the beta DeathStreaks gave 50 mana. I made a post about how even that was a bad idea, somehow the transition to retail the DeathStreak idea went even further, the Blades....Geez.

http://community.us.playstation.com/t5/God-of-War-Ascension-Multiplayer/Patch-1-08-Change-List-DL-th...

FieryCaptain wrote:

UI Indicator changes relative to players;

i)Bugs
a) When a player spawns on map I've seen their name begin with being green(friendly) to then turning hostile(red)

ii)Mechanics
a)adding the UI indicators to the game lowers the threshold, ie hand holding. Before the change you had to pay more attention to;

sound
friendly placement
points currently held/and or not held

makes prepping for a battle/encounter way too easy

Death Streak +50 and cooldown on specials

i)Lowers the skill threshold

ii)rewards players for playing poorly

iii)Grants players with magic, ie the most powerful moves in the game for dying, unless you want to start tweaking magic ability and power stray away from the above, more passive bonuses would be fair and not over powered

iiii)Competitiveness, something to consider, death streaks in general no matter the bonus are bad for competitive gameplay/mechanics, offer a hardcore mode that removes such if you wish to CATER TO THE MASSES relating to your CORE mode mechanics.

It took 3 years of moaning from Call of Duty players to finally have Dev's listen in regards to handing out candy and rewarding players for playing poorly to finally removing such trash from the game ie BO2. This decision I bet in house should/will have much discussion. As an outsider I'd say this, your core fanbase likes GOW for it's single player aspects don't go trying to appease the masses while butchering your MP mode where only 25% of your playerbase will actually tinker with for any length of time. I understand accessibility, but you really have to think how far you wish to go with it. If your studio wants to stand out as taking GOW to competitive levels or to have it's MP portion be a mismash button mash and reward bad players while being really accessible that's something to discuss with the brass.

Message 11 of 17 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
501 posts

May 6, 2013
Give players who are dying a lot a resistance and attack bonus of like 25% or something. Automatically activates when you spawn and lasts for 30 seconds even throw in some mana if you want. BoC was a terrible decision on SSM part. Todd papy made a lot of bad decisions in this game
Message 12 of 17 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
412 posts

May 6, 2013

The best thing can be done is make a penalty for the rage quitters,is frustrating in 6 matches can be done just one coz of the "speedy gonzales" people...

----------

----------
Message 13 of 17 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

May 6, 2013

@hawk

The **bleep** BoC shouldnt be in multiplayer. They are ranged weapons in a melee game.....it's so annoying :/

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 14 of 17 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
296 posts

May 6, 2013

Ranged, high damage, and the swipes have I-frames...lol

Message 15 of 17 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11767 posts

May 6, 2013

^LOL yeah.....even THAT wouldnt be so bad IF they didnt magically transform my skin into high density rubber >.< there is no way to escape once ur hit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 16 of 17 (68 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
325 posts

May 6, 2013
Goat of War you are right! :smileyhappy: Im on your side.
Message 17 of 17 (50 Views)