Jan 11 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Serious Zeus question.

49 replies 651 views Edited Jan 11, 2013

So, did they buff the lightning vortex?  Because this goddamn spell is nigh inescapable...vaccuum effect seems to  be stronger, and it's like an instant 50% damage thing now... really, really ridiculous.  

I'm sick of people spamming 50% damage magic.  It's getting out of hand.   The players who know how to abuse just abuse and abuse and abuse.  One guy sat at bottom fountain as Zeus and would trap people in the spike trap and then fling them in with L1 square of the glad hammer... then knock people off the map with L1 + triangle and R1... then if any good players came by SPAM DAT MAGIC BABY.  

Zeus should have roughly the same damage in magic as Ares...just a bit more with more chances to get it really and being just as avoidable as Ares magic.  

As it stands, it's ridiculous.  You can have melee proficient Zeus characters who build up MP only to lay down the law when crap hits the fan.  It's ridiculous...they put up a huge fight melee wise against Ares then "oh hey I'm just going to use this magic attack 3 times in a row if that's ok with you."  

Message 1 of 50 (651 Views)
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Re: Serious Zeus question.

Jan 11, 2013

I've been getting hit with vortex less and have seen the lightning mine way more and it's annoying as hell

Message 2 of 50 (649 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 11, 2013

true that dude some of the people that have Zeus as their god thats all they do and i do think Zeus magic is over powered 

Message 3 of 50 (641 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Does that lightning mine stiffle people? (silence) because every single time I've gotten hit with that thing today, I've been silenced too...

Zeus is just getting more OP by the hour...
Message 4 of 50 (634 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 11, 2013

IDK about the silence. I'm too infuriated every time I get hit with it to notice.

Message 5 of 50 (632 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
241 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

So, did they buff the lightning vortex?  Because this goddamn spell is nigh inescapable...vaccuum effect seems to  be stronger, and it's like an instant 50% damage thing now... really, really ridiculous.  

I'm sick of people spamming 50% damage magic.  It's getting out of hand.   The players who know how to abuse just abuse and abuse and abuse.  One guy sat at bottom fountain as Zeus and would trap people in the spike trap and then fling them in with L1 square of the glad hammer... then knock people off the map with L1 + triangle and R1... then if any good players came by SPAM DAT MAGIC BABY.  

Zeus should have roughly the same damage in magic as Ares...just a bit more with more chances to get it really and being just as avoidable as Ares magic.  

As it stands, it's ridiculous.  You can have melee proficient Zeus characters who build up MP only to lay down the law when crap hits the fan.  It's ridiculous...they put up a huge fight melee wise against Ares then "oh hey I'm just going to use this magic attack 3 times in a row if that's ok with you."  

lawlz its amazing how many people dont learn after they get knocked into the spike trap the first time. But to answer your question,  no they have not buffed the zeus magic. I've been playing all day so ive ran into many zeus players and ive been able to dodge out of the vortex spam most of the time, you just gotta play a little smarter.

Message 6 of 50 (631 Views)
Splicer
83 posts

Jan 11, 2013

you can avoid it with  EVADE but you must master the time you push the stick i escaped it many times

Message 7 of 50 (622 Views)
First Son
12 posts

Jan 11, 2013

Other than avoiding it you can try switchin one piece of your armour to elemental resist and just get used to dodging and parrying because it does work trust me i constantly switch between ares and zeus it works bro it truly does i been playin for awhile and noticed alotta complaints about zeus playes because they use their powers alot but thats why zeus is awesome because of the power boost see ehat im saying? Otherwise if you can make a fairly balanced ares warrior with lets say an ares warrior with one piece of amour wit e defense u can beat him down with aattack power it you can attack once wit fast attack then hit with hold circle attack his health is over half gone plus you got  l1 square or triangle plus grapple is he runs you can own and turn the tide but i gotta say ares fighters must be more tactical than zeus fighters Smiley Happy the only balance is skill just learn the moves of each god warrior then u r setSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 50 (602 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 11, 2013
Gold is right and the Zeus users have increased as well. The spamming is starting to get to that point but I guess that is what that champion is about so I won't complain.
Message 9 of 50 (594 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
169 posts

Jan 11, 2013
To answer the question - no it wasn't buffed. People are just reaching the required level to max the spell again.
Message 10 of 50 (593 Views)