Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 17 2013
By: Flint_Prophet Wastelander 673 posts

Short and sweet what we need in GOWA MP

23 replies 404 views Edited Jan 17, 2013

1v1 mode.

Level cap at (at the very least) 75...prestige or no. And getting to the level cap needs to be extremely hard...I'm sick of these vanilla progression rates in online MPs, and I'm a VERY average player.

Weapons, magic and items need to go beyond level 3.

Clan support...beyond just being able to put whatever clan tag you want on your name...therefore some sort of clan management/organizational system.

I really think chests need to be eliminated from FotG...they just feel like hiccups to the action of that game mode and cheap points. It's an ARENA mode...did ancient gladiators stop to retrieve treasure in an arena? Chests work very well in TFotG mode, on the flip side.

There needs to be at least 1 FotG arena where the final reward is getting to do the classic "Kratos does a bang some chick minigame." That would be AWESOME and in keeping with the spirit of the franchise.

Not kidding at all with the previous point.

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 24 (404 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
98 posts

Re: Short and sweet what we need in GOWA MP

Jan 17, 2013
I would be happy if they just fixed the terrible connection issues. As of now this game is nearly unplayable. Hits that constantly dont register, long matchmaking, grapples after your opponent has died, lag out the ying yang. This game is too much of a mess to be focusing on more content..
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 24 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Flint_Prophet wrote:

1v1 mode.

Level cap at (at the very least) 75...prestige or no. And getting to the level cap needs to be extremely hard...I'm sick of these vanilla progression rates in online MPs, and I'm a VERY average player.

Clan support...beyond just being able to put whatever clan tag you want on your name...therefore some sort of clan management/organizational system.

I really think chests need to be eliminated from FotG...they just feel like hiccups to the action of that game mode and cheap points. It's an ARENA mode...did ancient gladiators stop to retrieve treasure in an arena? Chests work very well in TFotG mode, on the flip side.

There needs to be at least 1 FotG arena where the final reward is getting to do the classic "Kratos does a bang some chick minigame." That would be AWESOME and in keeping with the spirit of the franchise.

IF I had to choose substantial change:

Leveling system removed. All magic and items at level 3. Most of them are pathetic before 3 anyway. Secondary system to earn spendable tokens for cosmetic effects.

Numeric stats system removed. Weapons and Armor given utility bonuses, such as:

- Slow health regen (helmet)

- Slow mana regen (helmet)

- Percentage physical resistance or magic resistance (chest armor)

- Immunity to DOTs, such as fire (chest armor)

- 5% Running speed bonus (lower armor)

Set bonuses, e.g. Morpheus Set - 20% resistance to magic and physical attacks (10% from Chest without bonus)

Stuff like that.

Gameplay balance can be kept without losing sense of progression and personal achievement, bragging rights if someone sees your special emblem in the player's list or your unique weapon tint / trail.

This won't happen, of course. I think I just disappointed myself. :smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 24 (391 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

Flint_Prophet wrote:

1v1 mode.

Leveling system removed. All magic and items at level 3. Most of them are pathetic before 3 anyway. Secondary system to earn spendable tokens for cosmetic effects.

Set bonuses, e.g. Morpheus Set - 20% resistance to magic and physical attacks (10% from Chest without bonus)

Stuff like that.

Gameplay balance can be kept without losing sense of progression and personal achievement, bragging rights if someone sees your special emblem in the player's list or your unique weapon tint / trail.

This won't happen, of course. I think I just disappointed myself. :smileytongue:

Haha I'll second everything but the "Make auto level 3"...cmon, you gotta EARN those special perks! Besides, they aren't THAT great...I mean, they are, but a level 1 weapon is doable until you earn that level 3.

Though I will add I'd like to see further upgrade levels...with powered up specials or without, doesn't matter. But increased bonuses would be nice :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 24 (370 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

For the level 3 remark, I was really only referring to items (L2 button) and magic (R2 button). The leveling on weapons currently is insignificant in my opinion.

I'd rather see weapons get unique bonuses after a number of kills such as:

- Charged [L1 + Square]

- Increased chance of a DOT from specials (might already exist)

- [L1 + O] move when not wielding a World Weapon

- Increased chance of silence, etc. from specials (might already exist)

— and, of course —

- Increased damage

Maybe a special sword that does more damage when you are low on health. Plenty of ideas out there.

Just something less uninspired than the current setup.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 24 (367 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013
ElementDuck wrote:

For the level 3 remark, I was really only referring to items (L2 button) and magic (R2 button). The leveling on weapons currently is insignificant in my opinion.

I'd rather see weapons get unique bonuses after a number of kills such as:

- Charged [L1 + Square]

- Increased chance of a DOT from specials (might already exist)

- [L1 + O] move when not wielding a World Weapon

- Increased chance of silence, etc. from specials (might already exist)

— and, of course —

- Increased damage

Maybe a special sword that does more damage when you are low on health. Plenty of ideas out there.

Just something less uninspired than the current setup.

Ah...misunderstood...well same applies to abilities imo...let em ride but increase the level up factor somehow to 5 or more :smileyhappy:

I like that "Charged L1+Square" bonus for killstreaks...however, I am not a great killstreakker so that might suck for me :smileytongue: 

PS - Stop kickin my butt in games.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 24 (357 Views)
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 17, 2013

Well, actually... I meant permanent bonuses for a significant number of kills with that weapon over time. (e.g. 250, 500, 1000)

Correlated to this would be a way to display your personal stats for each weapon, such as number of kills, brutal kills, longest combo, etc.

Sorry if I was unclear.

As for a killstreak, I hadn't thought of it that way. A killstreak providing the player a health refill (once until you die and respawn again) would be kind of cool.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 24 (350 Views)
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 17, 2013

Well now that I've misunderstood you twice I''m gonna go ahead and shut my mouth lol

THAT is kind of a cool idea...they already have unlocked stuff based A LITTLE BIT on kills...and if you wait to watch your score add at the end of matches, you do get bonuses for some feats, at least in experience. I happpened to watch my exp add up at the end of a match and got (100x kills with [i forget which] weapon! Was 500 or 1000xp, I forget which. Clearly they have kill counts with various weapons in mind already. Now a bonus outside exp might be interesting...but since exp is already implemented, looks like that's the dircetion they'll go.

I'm being redundant. Quit killing me. That is all.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 24 (344 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jan 18, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

Flint_Prophet wrote:

1v1 mode.

Leveling system removed.

No. Just...no. I may be some mainstream jerk with this, but I appreciate leveling up. I played tabletop D&D in the 80s.

All magic and items at level 3.

You mean cap at level 3? Or start at their current power at level 3? I believe they could stay at their current power at level 1, but need to be advanced past level 3.

While I don't agree with your specific assignations, I think this is an absolutely BRILLIANT idea.

Stuff like that.

Down with this, too...I think that their system is way too complicated as far as the different points in different categories based on what you equip.

While your statement is true, imo, gameplay balance can also be kept if, upon release, you get put into games with people who are of a comparable level to you. Hope this happens.

I grieve with you.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 24 (326 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jan 18, 2013

There are connection issues, including abyssmal lag issues from time to time...this is certainly true. I would hope that SSM is working on those while also addressing things beyond that. That's my naive hope.

I disagree with bonuses for being a badass. If you can go a whole match without dying and killing large numbers of opponents, I don't think you need to be rewarded for that, whether it be gaining additional health, additional upgrades to damage, etc. Your badassedness should be its own reward. Yes, you worked to get there, but I still think it's unfair.

I don't think we should spend tokens for further customization options, I think that further customization should be unlockable, with different unlockables existing in the SP and the MP.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 24 (322 Views)
0 Likes