Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Re: Short and sweet what we need in GOWA MP

[ Edited ]
Jan 18, 2013

There's a problem with your balance suggestion. If a player spends his skill points poorly — say, by spreading them out across all abilities —, at high levels he can end up overwhelmed by someone of a similar level who focused his skill points on upper tier abilities. As someone who played D&D, you probably understand how easy it is to make a terrible character if you're new to the system.

The alternative to this would be to have everything unlock automatically at certain levels and discard the skill points entirely. Players at the same level will then at least have the same options for character customization and not be punished for trying different things.

I like RPGs, too (looking forward to Project Eternity), but character progression via experience levels just doesn't sit well with me for a game like this. I wouldn't want it in a fighting game like Street Fighter, either, for instance.

Also, by limiting the range of players that can connect to each other just for balance, you're hurting the diversity of the community. I don't like the idea of segregating players based on their levels.

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 24 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

Jan 18, 2013

I like the idea for armor changes , if they aren't going to change anything I wish at the very least you could save a profile and be able to change upon a respawn. The way it is now it is medium to magic and physical or extremes on both.  If you get a bunch of Zeus players in one lobby then you need the magic and Ares the physical. 

Customization is also something that needs to have a look at. The chests need to stay in the game, this is a team exercise and if you don't really like it they have the kills only by yourself with minimal chests game mode. Setting traps, capturing alters and getting chests are part of that game mode . If you pay attention you get more favor if you do those 3 things with minimal kills as opposed to just killing.

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 24 (256 Views)
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Jan 19, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

IF I had to choose substantial change:

Leveling system removed. All magic and items at level 3. Most of them are pathetic before 3 anyway. Secondary system to earn spendable tokens for cosmetic effects.

Numeric stats system removed. Weapons and Armor given utility bonuses, such as:

- Slow health regen (helmet)

- Slow mana regen (helmet)

- Percentage physical resistance or magic resistance (chest armor)

- Immunity to DOTs, such as fire (chest armor)

- 5% Running speed bonus (lower armor)

Set bonuses, e.g. Morpheus Set - 20% resistance to magic and physical attacks (10% from Chest without bonus)

Stuff like that.

Gameplay balance can be kept without losing sense of progression and personal achievement, bragging rights if someone sees your special emblem in the player's list or your unique weapon tint / trail.

This won't happen, of course. I think I just disappointed myself. :smileytongue:

Oh please no. The last thing this game needs is health regeneration. You already have weapons that can restore health, items that can restore health, and a fountain that restores health, nothing more is needed. And making certain stats specific to only one class of armor is also a bad idea.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 24 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

What do you mean by 'class of armor'? If you're talking about where each piece goes, then I'll just say that the point of it is to prevent stacking. In the arbitrary suggestions I gave, you would be unable to stack health and mana regen because they both take up the helmet slot.

Also, the health regen says slow. It's hardly the last thing this game needs, so there's no need for hyperbole.

One Health per second, for instance, is not going to be a deal breaker in a fight, and to have it, you'd be giving up other unique perks from the remaining selection of helmets, so I don't see your point.

What weapon restores health? I must have missed that.

Additionally, the items are not meant for constant usage. They each have a cooldown, and the ones that restore health are a joke.

If you're referring to the two Ares relics that can restore health, they, too are jokes.

Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 24 (238 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote:

I like the idea for armor changes , if they aren't going to change anything I wish at the very least you could save a profile and be able to change upon a respawn. The way it is now it is medium to magic and physical or extremes on both.  If you get a bunch of Zeus players in one lobby then you need the magic and Ares the physical. 

Customization is also something that needs to have a look at. The chests need to stay in the game, this is a team exercise and if you don't really like it they have the kills only by yourself with minimal chests game mode. Setting traps, capturing alters and getting chests are part of that game mode . If you pay attention you get more favor if you do those 3 things with minimal kills as opposed to just killing.

I don't know if changing profiles after respawns is a good idea. It isn't really that necessary, and it'd be best to avoid the: "Oh that person's using Zeus' magic (any) and keeps killing me... I'll use it too!" - and then before you know it everyone will be using the same thing. But it could also solve many problems, so I'm on the fance for this one. 

And yes! Not everyone understands that "Favor" is what gets you up there. :smileywink:

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 24 (235 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 19, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

What weapon restores health? I must have missed that.

Athena Blade L1+Triangle attack restores health to you and your teammates within range over time in addition to the knockback/minor elemental damage it inflicts.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 24 (229 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

Jan 19, 2013
Ah, right. I forgot about that one completely. The health restore on it isn't that amazing for the user, though it does help teammates quite a bit. You give up having a useful offensive special, though.
Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 24 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 19, 2013

Aye but the L1+Square attack is friggin awesome for combos and BOTH regenerate quite fast. Interesting weapon, that Athena Blade.

Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 24 (220 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
274 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 20, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

rachelnlucas wrote:

I don't know if changing profiles after respawns is a good idea. It isn't really that necessary, and it'd be best to avoid the: "Oh that person's using Zeus' magic (any) and keeps killing me... I'll use it too!" - and then before you know it everyone will be using the same thing. But it could also solve many problems, so I'm on the fance for this one. 

And yes! Not everyone understands that "Favor" is what gets you up there. :smileywink:

I only meant armor for your champion ( maybe relics and items also) . With the armor now it is either medium to both  or extremes on physicl or magic . ( also the cooldown and minimal health gain but for defense purposes)   I don't think switching alignments to the gods in the middle of a match wouldn't be a good idea, I'm with you there. I'd view this as your other character. The level up is different for them both anyway.

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 24 (210 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Jan 19, 2013

rachelnlucas wrote: The chests need to stay in the game, this is a team exercise and if you don't really like it they have the kills only by yourself with minimal chests game mode. Setting traps, capturing alters and getting chests are part of that game mode . If you pay attention you get more favor if you do those 3 things with minimal kills as opposed to just killing.

I said nothing about taking chests out of TEAM FotG, just FotG, which is FFA arena combat. The chests certainly belong in TFotG, which is a much more dynamic mode. I just think FotG needs to be all about the killing.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 24 (202 Views)
0 Likes