Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 26 2013
By: zenicpyro Lombax Warrior 95 posts

Single Player +

7 replies 279 views Edited Apr 26, 2013

So I love GOWA multiplayer and Single player, but I'm having a few little problems.

1- multiplayer takes up so much internet bandwidth, if anyone in the neighborhood decides to watch netflix, I can't get into a match and the detached Ethernet cable sign torments the middle of my screen. Because of this, I usually just default to single player, but then I run into a few other issues:

2- single player pixilation. More often than not, when something new comes into frame, it's horribly pixilated (namely the Zeus rage attack; it almost always looks like Karats' hand is barfing yellow pixels) not to mention, Kratos' shadow is never smooth, it's always pixilated.

3- single player weapon choice. I love the O button being secondary weapon, or bare hands (punching & kicking enemies has never felt better) but it kind of irritates me that Multiplayer has such a huge cache of weapons and costumes, and all Single player has are elements and crappy knockoffs of MP costumes.

what I would love to see more than anything would be a Single Player customizable screen. The same build as MP, but for Kratos: we should be able to choose his skin (such as olive skin, zombie skin (see picture), ash skin, etc.), change his tattoo (color and shape, including previous concept designs), then build armor on top of that (such as Kratos' god armor, golden fleece, Hades' helm, etc.), and to top it all off, I think it would be awesome if we could customize our  D-pad with weapons.

Just as MP has a weapon selection, SP should have a custom weapon section. We should have access to all previous GOW secondary weapons, such as the spear & shield, Zeus Gauntlet, blade of Olympus, Barbarian hammer, and maybe even some enemy weapons we don't get to normally use, such as the Talos hammers and saytre general sword. We can custom hot button each weapon to our desired d-pad direction (ex. I could put my spear on right, sword on left, and chaos blades on top, where another player may put spear on bottom, sword on top and chaos blades on bottom)

I also like the idea of having many different kinds of weapons for each class of weapon, it would be awesome if we could also customize our chaos blades, so that we could use previous designs of the blades (see pic @ bottom)

this new weapon system will open up more magics, for each weapon will have a new magic, and a new fighting style. It would also give diehard players something to do with leftover red orbs (each weapon would have to be upgraded, and if there's as many weapons added to SP as there are in MP, there's going to be plenty of orb farming to do, even for new game +). I feel this would make replayability so much more intense and will draw in even more gamers.

GoW-KratosConcept7.jpg

Message 1 of 8 (279 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2926 posts

Re: Single Player +

Apr 26, 2013
I agree and those are some great ideas. I can't see SSM actually doing any of it (at least in Ascension) unfortunately but maybe they can/will in GoW4.

Hades vs Kratos on Make A Gif
make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif
Message 2 of 8 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 26, 2013

if somone in your NEIGHBORHOOD watching netflix causes you to lag-- thats bad.. wow.. I run like 5 devices off my internet at all times some one is using the computer/ cell phone to browse/ stream youtube and i have almost no problems.. i don't even fly around and do the grapple glitch that much anymore.  (I do use a wired connection) I run a ghetto **bleep** 100 ft ethernet cable down my steps straight from my modem to my ps3 lol...  not covered by carpet or anything

Message 3 of 8 (254 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1346 posts

Apr 26, 2013

I love the weapon elements in GoW A SP... having all previous weapons from other GoW games would make no sense at all-- those weapons he hasn't obtained yet timeline wise...  If anything-- they could add like.. a *different* gauntlet from zeus.. a spear from poseidon.. a Hammer from Hades and a sword from Ares.. along with the elements for the blades (was my favorite aspect of this GoW)  The ONLY 2ndary weapon I ever actually USED to help me BEAT the game on titan or God mode in a GoW game was well (all of them were sort of chain blades in GoW 3-- But the Nemean Cestus, and the Barbarian Hammer to get to Clotho at the end of GoW 2... the rest of the weapons were kind of useless in my opinion-- blades of chaos/athena/exile did much more dmg always-- adding the elements to the best weapon in the game was brilliant in my opinion

Message 4 of 8 (253 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
229 posts

Apr 26, 2013

That would be nice. But i bet if it comes it will be on DLC so no free stuff -__-

photo 20120910darksiders24_zpsf64f62ca.jpg
Message 5 of 8 (237 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
95 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Crackle2012 wrote:

I love the weapon elements in GoW A SP... having all previous weapons from other GoW games would make no sense at all-- those weapons he hasn't obtained yet timeline wise...  If anything-- they could add like.. a *different* gauntlet from zeus.. a spear from poseidon.. a Hammer from Hades and a sword from Ares.. along with the elements for the blades (was my favorite aspect of this GoW)  The ONLY 2ndary weapon I ever actually USED to help me BEAT the game on titan or God mode in a GoW game was well (all of them were sort of chain blades in GoW 3-- But the Nemean Cestus, and the Barbarian Hammer to get to Clotho at the end of GoW 2... the rest of the weapons were kind of useless in my opinion-- blades of chaos/athena/exile did much more dmg always-- adding the elements to the best weapon in the game was brilliant in my opinion

I'm not saying "throw out the element system" (because I love it too) I'm just saying I want more weapon customization in ascention. I think it would be the coolest thing ever if the elements stayed (down will always be Hades element, up Zeus, etc.) but we had the choice to add a different weapon to the D-pad button, like: if I put a "hammer" weapon on my bottom d-pad, it would let me access the hammer with a Hades element, but if I put the same weapon on the up d-pad button, it would now have a Zeus element. 

Message 6 of 8 (177 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
997 posts

Apr 30, 2013

Dlc or  God of war 4 Hope is Dlc i hope we get 2/3 DLC and they dont just go give us 1 dlc and call it a day 

photo f797777c-46dc-4bc6-aa23-257ca99d60c6_zps6040a0e4.jpg
Message 7 of 8 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Apr 30, 2013
What did you expect when you saw there was a Collector's edition including a season pass for future DLC? you could've seen this coming to be honest.
Message 8 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes