Wastelander
869 posts

Re: Single player, multiplayer, or both?

Jan 28, 2013

In all likelihood, some interesting plot holes will be filled in Ascension so I am INSANELY curious too see how it plays out. The "rewind/fast forward" time mechanic seems like an interesting addition along with world weapon usage and the classic Kratos Komb...err...Combos...Single Player looks like it has a good chance of being great. I am skeptical, as always...what IP has released 4 consecutive major entries that were better than the last? Hell, God of War is one of FEW who did it 3 times in a row...I wonder if these guys can pull it off again.

That being said the beta had me pleasantly surprised. Some polishing, lag, and balancing issues aside, it's also got a load of potential.

I tend to either go MP only on games or SP first...Twisted Metal I went MP only, MW3 I never touched th campaign, KZ3 I barely touched the campaign, All-Stars I started by beating the SP a few times before hopping online, same with Uncharted 3...You get the idea.

For Ascension I am thinking of doing it differently...maybe balancing BOTH the SP and MP...not sure. I NEVER do that. But this may be the first time I ever give both modes some major love before settling into the online portion indefinitely.

Long story short: Both Smiley Very Happy

Message 11 of 15 (98 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 28, 2013

@SirCrush You Speak About It So Eloquently .Lol

Like A Balance Between Earth And Water ; )

I Applaud You For Your Poetic Efforts .Laughs

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 12 of 15 (87 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1349 posts

Jan 28, 2013

stripesmarine wrote:

@DJMadCow

35% SP Until Platinum Trophy .

65% MP Until Forever And Ever And Ever .Lol

Or Until I Reach The Max "God-Legacy" Tier !

; )

Sounds like a plan Smiley Very Happy

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 13 of 15 (76 Views)
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

I agree if you're doing a prequel wouldn't you lose some of the chain slinging combos that were in previous additions. I will play the single player mode but I really look forward to the multi the beta was awesome. So I know when the full game drops that will be my favorite over online games I play now. Most game that start out single player then later add multi in later addition usually lose fans. Hope this is not offtopic but look at Ninja Gaiden 3. They took a perfectly gr8 game and killed the single play and didn't bother to clean up the multi it a disaster. That's another story though. I think GOW multi will be everyone's favorite. I think ppl will play the single player just for trophies but, we be quick to come to multi for that rush and gr8 company of others playing online.

Erebus Is The Ish Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Ok I take that back about the prequel thing. The single player looks **bleep** gud I will do both just to get a feel of the entire game.
Erebus Is The Ish Smiley Happy
Message 15 of 15 (61 Views)
0 Likes