Jan 27 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1314 posts

Single player, multiplayer, or both?

14 replies 175 views Edited Jan 27, 2013

Hey all,

Seems like everyone enjoyed the MP beta experience and are really looking forward to diving back into the arena once the game comes out. I was wondering if ppl could speculate which they'll be spending more time playing: the single player campaign, multiplayer modes, or balancing time between the two.

I know many had reservations about SSM introducing a MP aspect into the GoW franchise but so far, it appears to be favorably received. However, I know some just want to purely focus on the single player and are not really MP gamers to begin with, which is fine of course. Just curious about others thoughts on the issue.

remember zeus.jpg

"Don't be upset. With time comes change."

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 15 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
253 posts

Re: Single player, multiplayer, or both?

Jan 27, 2013
Multiplayer.

I've already spent 5 games playing single player, although the new SP features do look very nice.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 15 (157 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 27, 2013

God of War has a very well thought-out story, so there's no doubt about that. I'm really excited for the MP, though. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 15 (155 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1495 posts

Jan 27, 2013

There will probably be a mad rush to level up initially so I forsee a lot if people playing MP first to get their ranks up. 

Check out my channel for GoW matches, highlights and other videos.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 15 (148 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
140 posts

Jan 27, 2013

Both. I'll play EVERYTHING to Trophy MAX OUT. Once I'm done with it, I'll play seriously against everyone in MP. See ya there. :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 15 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
205 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 27, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

God of War has a very well thought-out story, so there's no doubt about that. I'm really excited for the MP, though. 

With regard to the story, I feel the opposite way. I think the God of War story is a mess, especially with the way they dropped the ball between 1 and 2, having to retcon a number of things.

I love GoW 2 and 3, but this time I'm more interested in the multiplayer this time around. I guess it's because I can't imagine them going anywhere but down after God of War 3. How do you even come close to the epic immersive experience that provided, especially when you're doing a prequel and everyone knows how things ultimately end up.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 15 (137 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5585 posts

Jan 27, 2013

@DJMadCow

35% SP Until Platinum Trophy .

65% MP Until Forever And Ever And Ever .Lol

Or Until I Reach The Max "God-Legacy" Tier !

; )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 15 (129 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1270 posts

Jan 28, 2013

In the short term, the Single Player, GOW will always be about the single player for me, the MP is just a bonus. However, long term I could definitely see the MP taking up more time than the single. One thing is for certain though, I will not be touching the MP until I finish the SP game.

"If all on Olympus will deny me my vengeance, then all on Olympus will die"- Kratos, GOW2
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 15 (112 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Jan 28, 2013

ElementDuck wrote:

d1v4d wrote:

With regard to the story, I feel the opposite way. I think the God of War story is a mess, especially with the way they dropped the ball between 1 and 2, having to retcon a number of things.

I love GoW 2 and 3, but this time I'm more interested in the multiplayer this time around. I guess it's because I can't imagine them going anywhere but down after God of War 3. How do you even come close to the epic immersive experience that provided, especially when you're doing a prequel and everyone knows how things ultimately end up.

Yeah but I enjoyed it a lot, and it was exciting for me. I know how you feel about multiplayer though, I'm super hyped for that sh**. 

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 15 (107 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 28, 2013

It's hard to say because I really liked the Multiplayer but I really want to see what Kratos is up to in Ascension, hard decision indeed. I might just go with the SP the story of God of War is one of my all time favorites, A man taking on the Gods, that's so hella cool!

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 15 (101 Views)
0 Likes