Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 14 2013
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 9668 posts

Small Complaints

24 replies 160 views Edited Jan 14, 2013

1. Can you add an option to have start button be options and select be the stats card?  This has really bugged me ever since GoW 3. 

2. Can we have different buttons (such as R1 and L1) to switch gods?  Every time I move my controller just a tiny bit it switches gods on me. 

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 25 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Re: Small Complaints

Jan 14, 2013

Pretty sure Select has always accessed the Pause Menu with the Options and the Start button has always accessed the Upgrade Menus and etc...

Haha that has happened to me too! I'll accidentally hit R2 or L2 and all of the sudden the screen will go black as it swaps Champions. Always surprises me.

Maybe if they want to keep it R2 and L2 for design reasons, it would require players to hold the buttons for 1 - 2 seconds before it'll swap Champions.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 25 (151 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 14, 2013

kb4983 wrote:

Pretty sure Select has always accessed the Pause Menu with the Options and the Start button has always accessed the Upgrade Menus and etc...

Haha that has happened to me too! I'll accidentally hit R2 or L2 and all of the sudden the screen will go black as it swaps Champions. Always surprises me.

Maybe if they want to keep it R2 and L2 for design reasons, it would require players to hold the buttons for 1 - 2 seconds before it'll swap Champions.

that....doesn't mean I wouldn't want an option to change it? 

Would be better, to hold it... but currently I set my controller down a lot and it switches like 100 times. 

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 25 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
388 posts

Jan 14, 2013

I wasn't trying to tell you an option to swap the Select and Start buttons shouldn't happen. I was just commenting it has been that way since the very first GoW because the way you said it's really bugged you since GoW III seemed odd considering it being there from the very beginning. But yeah, I always feel the more options the better!

And just incase you thought i was being rude, I always put an ellipsis after "etc" because that's how I like shortening et cetera. I hate people who are jerks online so I try and not be one myself.

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 25 (134 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 14, 2013
I never really quit during GoW 1 and 2 but I used it more often in 3. Usually to pause the game I just go to upgrade menu, but it bugged me in 3 because that's when I noticed it.

It's kind of weird in this game, having it backwards.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 25 (126 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jan 24, 2013
Would be nice to see that the R1 and L1 buttons switch gods.
Had the same problem, that it switched on me when I had put down the controller.
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 25 (85 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
676 posts

Jan 24, 2013
L1 + R1 would be good the L2 + R2 can easily be pressed when putting the controller down but it happens rarely for me not a huge big deal.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 25 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 24, 2013
I agree with R1 or L1. I'm not sure why it isn't that instead of L2/R2 easily the most terrible buttons ever created in the history of man (DS3 R2/L2 anyway, ps2 R2/L2 were fine)
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 25 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 24, 2013

3) Please combine the Weapons and Armor into ONE category...seems pointless to have to circle out of the Armor menu only to have to go into a weapons menu..."Weapon - Head - Upper Armor - Lower Armor"...nicely consolidated, not confusing, less button presses.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 25 (76 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
9668 posts

Jan 24, 2013
SirCrush, I think it'll make more sense once we have more weapons/weapon categories.

One thing I'd like to have is actually have the weapon on our character. It was glitched once and I saw the weapon on my back and I thought it looked way cooler than when the weapon was floating in the air and uncontrollable. It would save a LOT of room for some changes to the menu and help with additions of the party system and what not.
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 25 (68 Views)
0 Likes