Apr 06 2013
By: beansalog Lombax Warrior 75 posts

Something needs to be done with world weapons

25 replies 356 views Edited Apr 6, 2013
The world weapons in this game are ridiculous. They take off so much damage, can be spammed, and on top of it are unblockable. Who's idea was it to do this? Honestly? With the sword for instance, just start holding O in the general direction of someone and you're bound to catch them in it and get a kill. How come I can block hammers, spears, swords, but not some puny little world weapon sword. They need to edit how much damage these things do and also make the moves blockable. And this is coming from a guy who enjoys using the world weapons. I almost feel bad for using them because of how cheap they are.

/rant

Also I'm not talking about discarding the weapons. Those take off a huge chunk of health but are easily dodgeable. Just the basic O attack
Message 1 of 26 (356 Views)
Splicer
54 posts

Re: Something needs to be done with world weapons

Apr 6, 2013
Agree.
Message 2 of 26 (354 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1511 posts

Apr 6, 2013

AGREE! for sure, people can easily take you down anytime they want with just a world weapon and a simple attack afterwards, it's pretty OP and annoying.

Message 3 of 26 (348 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
72 posts

Apr 6, 2013

the multiplayer experieance in general shows such a lack of thought and balance, I would honestly be surprised if they make a 2nd god of war with multiplayer.

Message 4 of 26 (339 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I think it's supposed to be like a competition and general thing to prevent others from getting world weapons, like chalice, for example.
Message 5 of 26 (338 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 6, 2013

decrease respawn rate, BOOM fixed, I like how they are for the fact that i can take down 2 or 3 enemys with them. Helps alot when youre taking a altar and your teamates are no where to be seen

Message 6 of 26 (313 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
785 posts

Apr 6, 2013

The amount of weapons that are thrown at me in a match.... 

I use to always run by them (still do at times) since I enjoy the combat. But I have learned if you don't pick up that weapon, someone else will and kill you with it. Zeus gets destroyed when a weapon is thrown, they need to reduce the damage for throw and the respond time for world weapons. Someone always has a world weapon on them, hope to see the spawn time increased.

Message 7 of 26 (296 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 6, 2013

lol?  world weapons make the game much more interesting, and it's your responsibility to look and obtain one.  you get more points for getting kills with a world weapon.   if you decide to pass it up, and ignore that part of the game, then it's your own fault that you're getting owned by the world weapon.   the maps aren't so huge that you lose track of where and when they spawn, so i suggest making it a habit to include the world weapon spawns in your route and grab it if you see it.  hell, i grab world weapons even if i don't use them just for the simple fact that if i don't pick it up, someone will and it'll most likely lead to my death if used upon me.  

Message 8 of 26 (286 Views)
Splicer
77 posts

Apr 6, 2013

I don't really have a problem with the world weapons. I also almost always play objective games however. Most can be blocked, dodged, or avoided if you can L2 or just run away for a min. I do think there should be a much longer pause when you use or discard/throw the weapon where you are vunerable to attack. There should aways be some kind of disadvantage to using a very powerful weapon/item. High risk/reward type thing. 

Reduce the spawn time a tad and maybe the damage a lil bit. They are Godly weapons, they should be powerful. If they were not strong they would be pointless. 

Without World weapons I don't think the game would be as fun.

Message 9 of 26 (282 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Apr 6, 2013
I used to love the world weapons but have grown to despise them. It is not fun killing someone who pretty much has no chance or counterplay options. And it is extremely annoying to totally outplay someone just to be stuck in the endless basic of the sword for example. There is almost no skill involved, hammer for example both outranges other weapons and is unblockable like rage mode(despise that just as much, you shouldn't dominate people for doing bad), so all you have to do is not get too close being dumb. Bam knock them off map way too easily or in most cases they will die from judt 1 smack and throwing it at them after(it knocked them away so being vulnerable doesn't matter). In my opinion they should atleast take time to pick up like shield of perseus and the spear, there is no downside at all when you can pick them up so instantly, pretty much even mid-fight you can't deny it being picked up.

Sure we could pick it up ourselves but they are so strong that it isn't even fun killing people with them because the other person doesn't stand a chance. Also agree with the discarding of the weapons. That part at least has some room for counterplay umlike the basic attacks
Message 10 of 26 (269 Views)
0 Likes