Jan 26 2013
By: DJMadCow Uncharted Territory 1355 posts

Spear cinematic to be removed... instead will be?

10 replies 165 views Edited Jan 26, 2013

Hey Just_Tank (aka Boat Captain) and Dev Team,

Thx for the updated screenshots in the recent posting on the Ascension website as well as a hint of what changes can be expected for the March release. I am a bit disappointed to hear that the spear cinematic will be removed though Smiley Sad

I understand ppl's complaints that it interrupted the natural gameplay flow, but it was something different and I felt like it added to the "epic feeling" that is GoW. It only lasted a few sec too, and even though I may have gotten killed/lost a kill I still enjoyed it. I remember Tank mentioned on an old thread that other ideas were being taken into consideration. Does that mean something new is planned for the arrival of the spear to the battleground? 

Since the spear has a big impact on your team (1000 favor for slaying Poly), I feel like there needs to be some emphasis placed on its importance during the battle, especially for new players who haven't played GoW b4 (the cinema did help convey that... but what now?)

This is just my opinion, and again I understand the arguments for removing it. Just wanted to know if something will be replacing it though.

Thx for all your efforts and hard work! The MP experience should be a blast!

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 1 of 11 (165 Views)
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Re: Spear cinematic to be removed... instead will be?

Jan 26, 2013
The thing was definitely a good idea at first, because for new players it lets them know what's going on...same for the announcer at the beginning.

However, I'm so glad they're taking it out. It could easily be replaced by a symbol telling you it's there, much like how there's a giant floating eye telling you to attack the cyclops.
Message 2 of 11 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
137 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Eh, I'm against taking it out but they have spoken and nothing can be done

Message 3 of 11 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
869 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Not so sure it should've been COMPLETELY removed...hopefully a quick cutscene or pan out is in order? It was just too long and disruptive. I am interested to see what they replaced it with.

Message 4 of 11 (139 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jan 26, 2013

SirCrush wrote:

Not so sure it should've been COMPLETELY removed...hopefully a quick cutscene or pan out is in order? It was just too long and disruptive. I am interested to see what they replaced it with.

I agree, I had suggested a shorter cutscene as an alternative in older threads (also mentioned a "picture in picture" type idea... but later found out this would be impossible lol).

To remove the whole thing just seems weird since it was so "awe-inspiring." Hopefully change is for the better and it's replaced with something just as cool.

Message 5 of 11 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jan 26, 2013

They should have at least put a small cinematic in the corner of the screen so as ur fighting the cinematic pops up in a decent size box on the top right of the screen shwoing it come down so u are aware 

Message 6 of 11 (119 Views)
Lombax Warrior
250 posts

Jan 26, 2013
And it also wont interupt the combos
Message 7 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4062 posts

Jan 26, 2013

Tank_610 wrote:

They should have at least put a small cinematic in the corner of the screen so as ur fighting the cinematic pops up in a decent size box on the top right of the screen shwoing it come down so u are aware 

That's what I like, also. Makes sense.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 8 of 11 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Jan 26, 2013

d1v4d wrote:

Tank_610 wrote:

That's what I like, also. Makes sense.

I concur.

Message 9 of 11 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

Jan 26, 2013

It's possible to make as big of an impact by using sound and not a visual.

"The skies have parted and Olympus answers with a gift. Go NOW!"

You basically have a voice prompt with a great sound effect of the weapon appearing.

If you're playing without sound or you're deaf then it makes it a bit more tricky. This is why the rumble feature helps for something like this.

Message 10 of 11 (90 Views)
0 Likes