Apr 06 2013
By: leozhontai First Son 25 posts

Spear of hermes

[ Edited ]
8 replies 743 views Edited Apr 6, 2013

seem like this weapon is the most underrated spear out their until we see spear of destiny. so i made this topic to see the build and combination everyone can set up with this spear. heres gameplay of mines

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEjz3Q5mrl4

>

http://www.youtube.com/user/leozhontai?feature=mhee
Message 1 of 9 (743 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
820 posts

Re: Spear of hermes

Apr 6, 2013

I think you're just good with spears, not specifically spear of hermes. Smiley Tongue Nice gameplay

Message 2 of 9 (724 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Apr 7, 2013

I can't really give you too much props as you were playing against a team of unskilled players. I saw a lot of basic attacks taking place and very little in the way of specials and it seems some were low level.

You were efficient with your movement and spear work. One thing I want to mention is how the Hermes Spear is supposed to explode once it impales someone, but it never seems to be the case. I don't think I've ever seen it explode once it impales a target.

Message 3 of 9 (686 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Apr 7, 2013

SILVERX200 wrote:

One thing I want to mention is how the Hermes Spear is supposed to explode once it impales someone, but it never seems to be the case. I don't think I've ever seen it explode once it impales a target.

it explodes. it just doesnt always launch the opponent like its suppose to once it does which lets them continue to attack/block me

Message 4 of 9 (652 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 7, 2013

Once unlocking weapons is fixed I'll be all over this weapon. Also I think they aren't getting launched because the explosion can be blocked.

Message 5 of 9 (624 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
255 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Remotei wrote:

Once unlocking weapons is fixed I'll be all over this weapon. Also I think they aren't getting launched because the explosion can be blocked.

sadly ive come to that thought as well. which makes no sense since the initial pierce is unblockable and able to pierce multiple enemies so im not sure what good it is to make the resulting explosion both ridiculously weak and blockable as well. especially with the /\ move being completely useless outside of CTF

Message 6 of 9 (615 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3132 posts

Apr 7, 2013
Unskilled player or not, I'll give you props. Very good spear work, though I agree with the first comment that it seems you are just good with spears and not specifically the spear of Hermes.

Wish the match was longer, you essentially killed that guy twice since he got the health and all while his buddy came to the rescue.

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u104/zpeabody/twistedmetal.png

Message 7 of 9 (613 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2330 posts

Apr 7, 2013

Raegn21 wrote:

Remotei wrote:

sadly ive come to that thought as well. which makes no sense since the initial pierce is unblockable and able to pierce multiple enemies so im not sure what good it is to make the resulting explosion both ridiculously weak and blockable as well. especially with the /\ move being completely useless outside of CTF

It makes no sense to be impaled and then have no effect of an explosion. Either make it unblockable or don't have it at all. You can't block Ares' Fist of Ares magic that leaves a detonation as a follow up to launch you so the spear explosion shouldn't be nullified either.

There are a lot of mislabeled attack moves in the game when it comes to specials. Lance of Ares has an L1+square attack that says press L1+triangle to shoot flames out that knocks opponents back. It doesn't work because you have to hold L1+Square to get the flames out like a flamethrower.

L1+Triangle creates the circle of flame and flame shield.

Message 8 of 9 (598 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
198 posts

Apr 7, 2013

gay, weak, and **bleep**. I couldn't stop waiting to get shards for it, after every game I would check how many shards I have for it, for over 2 weeks, yesterday I got it, and it's goddamn weak -.-

Message 9 of 9 (556 Views)
0 Likes