Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 02 2013
By: DaJizzle Wastelander 739 posts

Sprinting...Again!

54 replies 341 views Edited Apr 2, 2013
Just thought I'd mention that this and dodging needs a Cooldown. This is something the community was very adamant about during the beta. Sprinting needs a Cooldown due to the inconsistency of the Grapple. There have been times where players grapple would bounce off of sprinting players. Dodge spamming is hilarious. :smileyhappy: No one should be able to dodge out of a corner against three enemy players.

So in all, please give Sprinting and Dodging a Cooldown. It doesn't have to be anything major. Maybe a few seconds for each, but especially the Sprinting. After all, in the SP Kratos doesn't have infinite sprint. He only sprints a certain distance before it stops. Why was infinite sprint green lit for the MP when the mechanics are nearly identical?

Adding this to the Main Suggestion Thread also.
Message 1 of 55 (341 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Re: Sprinting...Again!

Apr 2, 2013

Very many people post opinions without considering the other side.

Wouldn't you like to dodge out of a corner with 3 people beating you down? Im assuming yes, and you can.

Grapple is inconsistant but maybe 20% of the time. You cant grapple them during the roll animation only the short period after.

Sprinting grapple is simple if you're in a wide radius...you can even pull them through walls.

Message 2 of 55 (335 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4057 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I didn't even see this thread. Very nice.

photo Sig_zps70d8d3f0.jpg
Message 3 of 55 (331 Views)
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 2, 2013
Dodge spamming? seriously? it was better in beta now its just sluggish and already has little recovery time,add more and its gonna be like parry and you gonna be stuck in animation for 3sec the how are you gonna escape battles if you cant dodge properly?with item? if someone can escape from being gangbanged by 3 players and is being cornered he needs a medal from it.not that those 3 players that are gang raping poor guy needs anything.
Message 4 of 55 (329 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 2, 2013
When in a corner you may be able to dodge in 3 directions... forward, left, and right. If you're getting jumped by 3 players from those directions then it should be practically impossible to escape that situation based upon the game's mechanics. Every direction would dodge in, an attack would be waiting to counter that dodge. Has nothing to with one on one battles.

I'm not too sure if it was better in the beta because I'm noticing some of the same issues with it.
Message 5 of 55 (325 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

Someone is rolling at you.

If i were you id move or be moved by some cosmic force that doesnt show an animation.

Message 6 of 55 (321 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013

As if 3 vs 1 beat downs weren't merciless enough you'd like them to be unescapable? They pretty much are already. Right.... because that would make the game so much more fun for less then competitive players just looking to have fun. You gotta cut a little slack somewhere.

Message 7 of 55 (315 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 2, 2013
Huh? Anyways, the Cooldown doesn't have to be something massive like 5 seconds. 1.5-2 secs would be just fine for a recovery in dodging. Sprinting is another story though. And let's not just concentrate on just dodging as if sprinting (the topic of this thread) is not a concern also.
Message 8 of 55 (312 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
7464 posts

Apr 2, 2013

It just sounds to me like you enjoy the "Pack Attack" tactics.  The sprinting doesn't need a cool down either.  In 4 vs 4 FOTG those maps would such a drag if you had to keep sprinting, cooling down, sprinting, cooling down... not to mention the extra wear and tear on your L3 button.

Message 9 of 55 (305 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
75 posts

Apr 2, 2013

I found the sprinting in the single player mode to be devastatingly boring.

And you're asking for a cooldown.

Message 10 of 55 (300 Views)
0 Likes