Survivor
2327 posts

Re: Sprinting...Again!

Apr 2, 2013

LOGIC. Something this thread lacks.

Yes, because we would all like to walk at a moderate pace while three enemies use weapon specials, magic, and items all at the same time.

Let's cooldown that sprint along with that world weapon which is about to expire before you get a chance to use it since it started counting down the second you picked it up.

The issue here is not sprinting, which sucks to begin with, it's the horribly flawed grapple system. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat would even be b:tching about it.

Message 31 of 55 (136 Views)
Lombax Warrior
190 posts

Apr 3, 2013

If sprinting had a CD there would be a tonne of people complaing about how their L3 finger is in pain from having to reclick it all the time! xD 

Yes, there have been a few forums posts about this already.

--------------------------------------------------
"Can you stand on your head?"

photo SparklyKitten3.jpg
Message 32 of 55 (126 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 3, 2013
*sigh* Sprinting needs a Cooldown.

@Silver

Logic? Lol! C'mon son. No one is talking about treating Sprinting like an special attack where it has a 65 second Cooldown or something to that nature. Just implement a minor Cooldown to it. And if you're dumb enough to run up on three enemies at once then you've already signed your death certificate. Regardless, sprinting is a problem along with the grapple system which compiles it. Smiley Wink

@Sparkly

Yes I know and many people feel that sprinting needs some sort of Cooldown. Whatever SSM decides, players will adjust. And if they won't adjust, they'll leave. Amidst all of the opinions and various complaints proves one thing... PLAYERS WILL ADJUST. Most of us still play continuously though we've documented various problems with the MP. Smiley Wink

Have fun! Smiley Wink
Message 33 of 55 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 3, 2013

A stamina bar would solve the problem. This was suggested in the beta if i don't remember wrong. You could sprint for say 8 seconds or dodge 3-5 times and jump 3-5 times. The bar would regenerate quickly when not running/dodging/fighting/jumping, and oh yes, jumping MUST be incorporated into the stamina system, it is along with running one of the most annoying things in this game. You guys who complain that pressing L3 again and again is tedious and wears the button etc... well running after an opponent for a minute really wears me out, THAT is tedious, pressing a button is easy, im more concerned that the L3 stick might break off from all the running im doing!

This connects to a second issue, which my brother already mentioned in the beta suggestions thread (and was ignored, as the feature is nowhere to be seen, along with other suggestions that he made). People with less than 1/3 health SHOULD NOT Run/Dodge/Jump or anything other for that matter. Ever played Resident Evil? When you get low on health, you slow down, eventually limping holding your sides.

Already the guys carry weapons that look like they are made from cast iron and must weigh a ton, yet they fight without getting tired at all, which is just stupid. And again i must say that this game should take lessons from Dark Souls and what it did with its combat, everything you do takes away stamina, attacking, jumping, dodging etc. I must mention Severance: Blade Of Darkness, a game that is 12 years old now, still has in my mind the best melee combat system in any game, and in many ways, is the reason i liked Dark Souls so much, it is a very difficult and punishing game, but rewards the player for their efforts, and parrying in that game is hard, but atleast it WORKS and is easier to pull off.

Yeah maybe it is too late to change this game or wish it was different, seeing that things that were broken in beta were made even worse in the final game and many of the suggestions were ignored completely. *Sighs*

Message 34 of 55 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Wow no replies to my post, guess no one cares. Heres hoping this game gets better as it is patched and something GOOD gets implemented in coming patches, and not just DLC and more things on top of more things that are probably gonna break the game even more and add even more problems.

Played this since closed beta and losing interest in this game really fast, seems like stuff just got worse after beta, i actually remember having more fun there than in the final game. I think Usain Bolt would approve this game seeing how much running around there is... Run=win.

Message 35 of 55 (103 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2327 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 6, 2013

The issue of a run cooldown is the same as Parry. If you're basically forcing a stun state prepare to bend over and take it dry until you're dead.

As far as multiplayer being a monotonous chore at this point, remember that the full game was supposed to be the focus. However, marketing did everything to make people NOT interested in the story and to focus solely on multiplayer.

There is just too little here overall once you've maxed out your levels and most of the armor/weapons. 10 levels until 40 with minimal offerings isn't going to do much to help when you know those ultimate magics are going to be the only thing anyone will be using.

There should have been 8 large maps at the minimum and 6 smaller maps. The same few maps at this point have been played to death and it will take a lot to sustain the community. I've already seen a major drop in online presence, and connection issues certainly played a part in that.

The games I played tonight were some of the glitchiest yet and I have no idea how more issues seem to be popping up out of the woodwork.

Message 36 of 55 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
634 posts

Apr 6, 2013

Well beta had 2 maps and 2/3 modes and i had more fun doing those 2 maps over and over so the issue to me ain't really repetition, its the quality of the content that is present, and how all the glitches/bugs/lag/cheaters/quitters/runners/etc. ruin the game.

I would take 4 maps and 4 modes that have quality over say 8 maps and 8 modes and so on. Less = More. The important thing is to be able to ENJOY the content that is available, not, i am not able to do that thoroughly.

Message 37 of 55 (77 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
396 posts

Apr 8, 2013

I agree with Arkkienkeli83, quality over quantity. Like we need more magics/relics etc... it doesn't fix the issues vexing this game, issues that keep me from playing.

Message 38 of 55 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
533 posts

Apr 8, 2013
Sprint and dodge are perfectly ok. THE PROBLEM IS TETHERING!!!!!!!.
I think you NEED to be able to scape rape situations like 1v3, and dodge sprint is doing the job. I went in situations like this before and didnt have a chance to escape because the 3 pplz hitting you KNOW you will dodge to safety and then you are grappeled to no mercy death.
ONLY the ones that spam square/magic/relic are NOT ABLE to kill a player in that situation.

@DaJizzle
i have a question for you. what do you do when you and other 2 players are hitting to death a cornered player? dont you anticipate the dodge move?

In the case you do predict that dodge form the player being bitten to death, do you grapple him? or the grapple just fails?

In the case that grapple fails (20 to 50% depending on lag) then the thing that need a fix IS THE GRAPPLE TETHER not the sprint or dodge.

Actualy dodge and sprint are getting old strat as the players learn to play.

In my casei got so tyred of players running away from me that it forced to me to predict when they go sprint or dodge to a perfect grapple thether combo to theath.

Include the psicological factor to the game... EVERYONE try to escape dangerous situations instead of stay and die, use that to your advantage....

The only one thing that is game-braking is THE LAG.

if a player try to run away from the fight and you are a skilled player that wont be a problem.

Message 39 of 55 (59 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
739 posts

Apr 8, 2013
I actually anticipate the use of an item because it gives a player a brief moment of invincibility and can turn the tide in those situations.

But I do agree that the Grapple system doesn't work as intended. But, they've tried to fix that repeatedly. It being "broken" adds to the concern of Sprinting and Dodging spamming.

The item is designed for "Escape" situations like a 1v3. The tutorial even explains that. Players shouldn't be able to escape (without an item) those situations... especially without taking any damage.

That's why Sprinting and Dodging need a Cooldown in my opinion. Especially Sprinting. I agree that lag is a problem, but it isn't the only game breaking problem with the MP. You'd have to be short sighted to believe that.

"Flesh that burns, bones that break; But to break a man's spirit is to truly destroy him" - Ares, GOW
Message 40 of 55 (55 Views)
0 Likes