Dec 22 2012
By: Goldhawk1 Keyblade Wielder 10160 posts

Stats page and cinema mode

34 replies 277 views Edited Dec 22, 2012

Ok, I know I've been mentioning Uncharted quite a bit...but anyone who has ever played Uncharted (3 specifically, also squiidx I'm talking to you too)  knows how well they set up their online. 

First off, I want to talk about the stats page.  Now, I'm sure since we can't manually select players we won't have in game stats cards so I'm proposing we have a stats page much like what ND has set up with Uncharted 3. 

As you can see in the picture below you can see your name, level, match history and even search for other players.  

stats stuff.png

The picture below shows an events calendar so we can keep track of special dates to be online and what not so we don't miss out on extra fun.  I'm not expecting this from SSM because it's their "first" MP but just some ideas to throw around.  

stats stuff 2.png

Another thing that would be nice, is a God of War TV thing where we can view user submitted clips and news about the game.  Also not expecting this one, but I can't help but feel like every game should do what ND does for online.  

stats stuff 3.png

As this picture displays more stats, each stat that they show has its own special artistic style to it, which is really nice and I'm sure you creative guys at SSM could come up with something 100x better.  

stats stuff 4.png

Then we go down to the history stats, which are also really nice and pretty important. As you can see, each section drops down for even MORE stats in that area... I think something like this would be perfect for god of war, since we probably won't have in game stat card. 

stats stuff 5.png

I promise, this isn't just me trying to brag or anything this is just a great idea of what I think we should have for a MP like this.  

Now, onto the cinema portion.  Now, surprisingly not a lot of games developed by sony have a cinema where you can view past matches... which kind of sucks because everyone loves to brag, make montages and view CRAZY scenarios as well as show glitches.  

Another thing Uncharted and ND spoiled me with... they have features that let you take pictures of videos that were recorded on the game as well as videos and video clips.  You can upload them to the internet or to the XMB which offers even more flexibility.  

You can click "youtube" down at the bottom of my post to see what I mean.  This will link you to my youtube account and all of these vidoes are from Uncharted cinema mode, no PVR required!  Though the quality does suck unfortunately but it's better than nothing.

Post game stats page - 

Since "start" currently does nothing, I think it would be nice to be able to push start and see a multitude of stats from the last match, if not just the scoreboard.  

Message 1 of 35 (277 Views)
Splicer
73 posts

Re: Stats page and cinema mode

Dec 22, 2012

Same layout but make it all Ancient Greece style and there ya go.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 2 of 35 (274 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 22, 2012
Maybe not the same layout, but just to show how detailed a stats page can be.

IMO, ND does a lot of things really well with their online and some of these are so well done in Uncharted I feel like it's almost a necessity... they raise the bar pretty dang high.
Message 3 of 35 (269 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
73 posts

Dec 23, 2012

It shouldn't be too hard for them to do.

ↅoD Ω W⋏R: ASCENSION BETA!

PSN Gamercards
Message 4 of 35 (264 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Dec 24, 2012
bumping just so SSM sees this idea, and hopefully responds.
Message 5 of 35 (252 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
168 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Agreed.  this would be a great addition.

Message 6 of 35 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
679 posts

Jan 28, 2013
Uncharted 3 examples again? That game is so epic it's a role model now. But yeah this would be cool for Ascension to take hint how the stat cards should look like.
Message 7 of 35 (201 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5591 posts

Jan 28, 2013

@Goldhawk1

Goldhawk1 Does It Again !

The Start Or Select Button Would Show Stats For Every Possible Bit Of Progress\Drawbacks In The MP .

+1 Kudos My Pal : )

TLoU GotY 2013 .
Message 8 of 35 (198 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10160 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Lord-Kratos23 wrote:
Uncharted 3 examples again? That game is so epic it's a role model now. But yeah this would be cool for Ascension to take hint how the stat cards should look like.

It's just...they do so much so right.  Awesome stats page, sweet cinema mode, in game friends list, in game party system.

Honestly it's difficult playing any other MP game, because you have all these luxurys with Uncharted 2 and 3 and then you go to other gams and they have really crappy party system, crappy lobby, no cinema mode, etc.  

If ND can do it, SSM should be able to do it no problem.  I mean, every ps3 exclusive shoudl strive to do at least what Uncharted has done let alone try to excell past it.  

Message 9 of 35 (190 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Splicer
72 posts

Jan 28, 2013

Goldhawk1 wrote:

I promise, this isn't just me trying to brag or anything this is just a great idea of what I think we should have for a MP like this.  

Who would brag about uncharted any ways? I honestly didn't even think people played that game lol.

Message 10 of 35 (178 Views)
0 Likes