Highlighted
May 08 2013
By: SILVERX200 Survivor 2333 posts

Team Unbalance = Quit at Start

8 replies 177 views Edited May 8, 2013

People want to deny this is happening, but twice in a row I've been on a team with all low levels against a team of all 40 and one 39. My lowest player left immediately, followed by the next, then me and I would hope the last person left.

The unbalance is not the players fault, and you can't blame them for wanting to leave against max level players. Yeah you might get a few kills but you're going to die more than you're going to survive to the point of frustration.

Either make new modes that help build low level players levels quicker, or make Trial of the Gods a standard double XP mode only for players up to a certain point. Too bad it's short and very boring.

This is another reason for rage quitting aside from the ridiculous lag that seems to be spreading like an STD on the servers. Ask Sony, no implore them to pay for registered servers for this game to at least guarantee some stability.

It's no fun for anyone to be on these short-ended teams, and I don't stay around to hope for some magical outcome when we're dead in the water before the match even begins.

Uneven teams should result in an "Insufficient Players" message and just end the match.

I think most players are only going to show up for double/triple XP anymore because playing through hell for a **bleep** poor amount of XP isn't even worth the time.

Message 1 of 9 (177 Views)
Monster Hunter
39 posts

Re: Team Unbalance = Quit at Start

May 8, 2013

I agree with you, i already wrote about both quitting and similar level matchmaking, like players with level from 1 to 10 should face lvl 1-10 players, 11-20 only 11-20 and so on and about quit, i'm for the remove quit the match solution.

Message 2 of 9 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

May 8, 2013
Ugh every 2v2 I get someone who disconnects pretty much immediately, or isn't even lvl 10 vs 2 35-40's
4v4 is basically the same lol

Hope they do something cause it's making me play less and less. Still enjoy the game it just fills pointless to try and join sometimes(so many streaks of uneven matches)
Message 3 of 9 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3413 posts

May 8, 2013
I totally agree with the matchmaking. I started leveling up Hades after I got to around level 33 for Zeus, and I was being thrown into games with level 39 or 40 when I just started out with Hades. and my teammate quit before the match ever started, so I think I finished the match with 2 kills and 15 deaths, because every time I re spawn, both of the guys are attacking the crap out of me. or they use the club and knock me out of the arena...

And Ive noticed that somehow I see people using Zeus magic with a Poseidon character, and if thats possible, how does it work because that would help me a little bit...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Message 4 of 9 (145 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 8, 2013

That's one of the many cheats, you couldn't in theory but in fact they can...just did 3 matches, 1 with orrible teammates, the other almost immediatly all the opponent team quitted and the last horrible teammates + ganging opponents + teammate quit...

Message 5 of 9 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

May 8, 2013

They could split up the matchmaking. One for "Beginners matches" or "Casual", other for "Veteran" or "Ranked matches". And remove the oppurtunity to Leave a match once you started it. Also make it available for players to join matches that already started. Like some many times today i'm getting into matches in Team favor of the Gods, that are 3 vs 3. I know the loading would take ~30sec. for the late joiners. But it would be a lot better if people could join matches after it started also. This could also be a good fix for the "Rage quitters". I found myself a couple of times as well, that all my 3 teammates left, cause of the level 35-40, again us "me 40, 10, 7, 13"

Message 6 of 9 (123 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2333 posts

May 8, 2013

It's an uphill battle to level equipment and weapons along with your God level. Most people don't even know when Double XP is happening because it doesn't make much of a difference in the numbers.

The lower level players or even switching allegiance will become a hassle if people are being demolished constantly. This isn't an rpg where you have a group on your side aiding you to grow through exploration and adventure. This is more of an exercise in frustration for people.

Tonight someone was talking on mics and they basically said this game is only for adults and that it's hardcore. It doesn't change the fact that younger people play it.

Only real gamers will notice the problems as casuals just hit things and kill or die. Only when things start going really wrong will they realize it's not just the players giving them problems.

Message 7 of 9 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4319 posts

May 8, 2013

I played probably 10 - 15 matches today.  All but two were with teammates under rank 15 against opponents rank 36 and higher.   -_-

----------------------
She's going to have to fall on her sword. Which means that we have to stick one in the ground, trip her onto it and get someone to jump up and down on her back for ten minutes. --

Malcolm Tucker. Modern day saint.
Message 8 of 9 (116 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
39 posts

May 8, 2013

If you are interested about some improvements, look my thread called The only solution for quitters. Major argument is my solution for the quit but also the similar level matchmaking.

Message 9 of 9 (101 Views)
0 Likes