Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 13 2012
By: Just--Tank SCEA 415 posts

Tech Update Regarding Crashes & All Else - 12/13

OFFICIAL POST
11 replies 319 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

Hey every0ne,

It's easier to post one succinct thread than answer everyone individually. First, if you missed my update from yesterday, please read it here asap:

Patch & Tech Update - 12/12/12

Updates for today, please read:

• We experienced an intermittent server error a little earlier today, preventing people from getting into matches. This has been resolved, you should be just fine now getting in!

• Those of you still experiencing a crash on startup, should only be impacted if you are from Brazil. We have an upcoming Patch 1.6 that will be deployed asap which will fix this. It will also enable SCEA and SCEE players to match up against each other, in other words North America vs Europe, and so forth.

• If you experienced a disconnect or "crash out of a match", this is not because someone is "Rage Quitting", it is likely because someone has experienced as a crash. This has been fixed in our Patch 1.07 which we are also on target to release as soon as possible. It may impact weekend play, but we hope to get it out prior along with 1.06. Both patches are intended as technical fixes, not balance or gameplay adjustments.

Beyond the above, as stated yesterday, we are paying attention to all feedback. Our critical focus is ensuring a smooth technical experience, while also assessing gameplay tuning. We absolutely hear you, keep fighting for your allegiance and destroying your opponents! All feedback is welcome, thank you!

-Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 1 of 12 (319 Views)
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Re: Tech Update Regarding Crashes & All Else - 12/13

Dec 13, 2012

The beta is pretty smooth most of the time, i've just noticed that sometimes the final execution doesn't work.

Message 2 of 12 (307 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
12 posts

Dec 14, 2012
Shoot they work so well my opponent was across the map when i pulled one off on him :smileysurprised:P
Message 3 of 12 (256 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 14, 2012

Hello, I experienced a crash when trying to  change the text language, i can replicate it, this is the inputs:

1 ) start the multiplayer game from the playstation menu

2)press start to enter the main menu

3) press select to enter the options

4) go to text language

5) change it from english to french

6) change it from french to......crash.....

hope this helps

http://www.youtube.com/user/BlakyNT
Message 4 of 12 (250 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
300 posts

Dec 14, 2012

does being a Trojan or Spartan really mean anything? i'm *guessing* there will be other...nationalities in this, but does it really matter? i figure 6-7 more nationalities.

Message 5 of 12 (221 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Great. I'd just like for parrying to be riskier for the beta.

Freeflow-style player. Rapid adjustment to all situations.
Photobucket
Message 6 of 12 (189 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Dec 14, 2012

i'm experiencing a lot of disconnects while playing team favor of the gods mode, played ten matches got 4-5 disconnects.

Message 7 of 12 (175 Views)
Splicer
57 posts

Dec 14, 2012

Hi,

Just wanted to add some stuff in relation to connection issues. I think there should be a backup host just in case one host disconnects. that way , game will still be playable even after the host leaves the game. i also think there should be some sort of connectiion thingie beside each players (before game starts). just to know if they have high, low connection. i.e. knowing if they are laggy or not. 

Message 8 of 12 (160 Views)
0 Likes
SCEA
415 posts

OFFICIAL POST
Dec 14, 2012

We are adding a connection icon shortly.

Cheers,

Tank

Follow me @Just_Tank and @SonySantaMonica

Every day is community day!
Message 9 of 12 (145 Views)
First Son
3 posts

Dec 15, 2012

I think this has been fixed: If you are fighting during Spear of Olympus entrance, the fighting cancels out.

How about a selection button for switching between armor parts once you open the armor tab instead of backing out to select helmet, upper, and lower armor.  Same thing for abilities and weapons. This will help swap things around while in the lobby. This beta really shows hard work and dedication at its best.  Good jobs Santa Moncia Studios.

Message 10 of 12 (128 Views)
0 Likes