Mar 25 2013
By: Darren-Madden Splicer 40 posts

The Game is still Good!

9 replies 293 views Edited Mar 25, 2013

I think it all the faults and glitches been mentioned constantly have both positive and negative effects. The positive are obvious, we tell the problems, hopefully they get fixed and we get a better game. However it seems that all has been mentioned is the problems with the game, when we should really thank the makers for incorporating multiplayer. 

Nobody can deny that the multiplayer is a lot of fun with some really cool and interesting aspects. The armour is beast and the game is just a lot of fun. Yes the glitches do dampen the game but it is fun.

We should realise or if you have already realised, at least give them some rope here. It is their first time making a multiplayer and on their first attempt they did a good job. Now when and if they improve the game, it could become a great game.

Now what I am trying to say is just thank you SSM for giving us multiplayer. It is a lot of fun to play GOW with people and hopefully they can improve in the future.

Message 1 of 10 (293 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1892 posts

Re: The Game is still Good!

Mar 25, 2013
I agree that the MP is very nice. Some issues, but I'm enjoying it a lot until now.

The main benefit of the MP is being able to apply Kratos' brutality on other playesr Smiley Tongue

I know that you don't play as Kratos, but the moves are very similar to the anti-hero demigod.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You were always Zeus' Favorite!

You were alway Zeus' favorite!

My channel: http://youtube.com/user/czeuch
Message 2 of 10 (280 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Yeah its nice to apply years of playing as Kratos to the online world. It still is a fun aspect and addicting

Message 3 of 10 (276 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 25, 2013

ofc it still good the mp is awesomely nice don't pay attention to all negative people here Smiley Wink it's al i see Smiley Sad negative negative 

Message 4 of 10 (265 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
40 posts

Mar 25, 2013

Bump.

Message 5 of 10 (204 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
77 posts

Mar 25, 2013
good post. agreed. MP is different and fun.
Message 6 of 10 (189 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Wastelander
869 posts

Mar 26, 2013

The positives FAR outweigh the negatives, in my opinion, but I understand most people these days have an "I want it all and I want it NOW!" attitude in gaming. Fair enough, alot of games have rather seamless online. Mostly because the games are EXACTLY the same  in terms of online play from year to year. Call of Duty doesn't have the same set of hurdles that a new game type does.

I personally LOVE the multiplayer and, again, the fun far outweighs the problems. And as long as SSM continue to support and improve the online play, I support them Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 10 (150 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1355 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I really like the MP too, and I'm not much of a MP player to begin with. The whole concept of aligning with a god intrigued me from the start and I had a blast with the Beta back in Dec. Hopefully there's plans for plenty of DLC to keep the longevity going.

One ques I thought I'd add to the discussion was the following:

Several ppl have felt the SP campaign was a bit of a letdown compared to the others in the series. I thought it was good if you consider the game by itself. I admit though I did have less of an "epic" feeling when compared to GoW3 (but then again, this a prequel afterall) yet I still enjoyed it. If the SP could have been improved but it meant no MP option at all, would you have preferred that instead of the SP/MP combo?

I realize there were 2 separate teams (one working on SP and one on MP), but I'm sure resources were limited in terms of what one could do to incorporate both on the same disc. If SSM had tried to make them separate games, I don't know if the MP would take off since many might not have been willing to take a chance on something new. By having both on the same disc, they know ppl will play the SP and may be willing to try the MP at no additional cost.

Try "Die for Olympus" in GoWA MP. Click sig to see how
Message 8 of 10 (124 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2802 posts

Mar 26, 2013

very well said sircrush 

Message 9 of 10 (116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
19 posts

Mar 26, 2013

MP is pretty fun. But the SP is so unpolished, the input delay of guarding and rolling is so bad, and i think that this is the first GOW with a bad camera angles. Plus having only a single weapon takes the replay value of SP down. I think that instead of patching the trial of archimedes with health and magic, Todd Papy should have patched the input delay of SP GOW.

Message 10 of 10 (89 Views)
0 Likes