Mar 25, 2013
One word: Signed!
Message 11 of 16 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Re: The Gauntlet - New 2v2 4v4 game mode concept

Mar 26, 2013

I like it except for the firing into the opposite teams thing if they allow that then overpowered it is cause the catapults in this game are way to **bleep** powerful but if it fire a non damage stun/slow effect im all for it.

Message 12 of 16 (93 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
6 posts

Mar 26, 2013

I actually did include it when I was filling out the MP survey.  The more I thought about the concept, the more I liked it so I decided to post it on the forums.  To me it seems like it would be relatively easy to implement into the game given that most of the mechanics are already there in some way.  It's also not a typical game mode that you see in every multiplayer game (domination, deathmatch, capture the flag, etc) which I think would contribute to its popularity.  Of course all the little details would have to be addressed during development such as teams leaving if they get too far behind....but we'll leave that to the pros.

Message 13 of 16 (80 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
53 posts

Mar 26, 2013
That would need to be heavily modified to work. To prevent rage quits. I'd suggest mandatory for competing teams to assist each other to progress through the game. Something interactive in the environment. Like both teams have to hit lever to not only open their gate, but also the opposing teams gate. Without both being triggered, neither team can progress. I'm sure that suggestion could be expanded upon with further possibilities. Or say one team does "something" & spawns stronger mobs for the opposing team.
Message 14 of 16 (62 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Mar 27, 2013

No the point is its a gauntlet not a lets "help the other team out" if the other team ragequits it will not affect the match unless they are host cause the point it to be the last team standing and complete the final objective like lets say throwing the spear at poly, each team race thru a set of objective to get to the spear which is already in play and uses it to kill poly, same thing with the shield on the bog you race to the shield which is in the top and awaken the gorgon, works for all the big maps and it would be 2v2 pve. 

Message 15 of 16 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
164 posts

Mar 29, 2013
Comon people more comments keep this one alive amazing game type
Message 16 of 16 (43 Views)
0 Likes